EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

Figment82

I love this record and I believe the only time "The Computer Song" was officially released.

Which is probably for the best... :)

Just kidding! I'm an enormous fan of the Sherman Brothers, and highly respect their work (all of it, even the... uh... "special ones").

SewIn2Disney

This is not in Epcot, this is what went home from Epcot, and mostly just highlights the fact that I am enough of a pack rat/Disney obsessed girlie to have actually saved this:

002.jpg
I've got plastic bags from disney that date back to 1987.....

I'm a packrat too....lol

SewIn2Disney

I love this record and I believe the only time "The Computer Song" was officially released.
I wish I had the equipment needed to "burn" that record to disc. I know it's out there, I just don't have any means of obtaining it.
It has Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit on there too!!

jeffb

Which is probably for the best... :)

Just kidding! I'm an enormous fan of the Sherman Brothers, and highly respect their work (all of it, even the... uh... "special ones").

I used to feel the same way about the computer song but over time I have come to really appreciate it. Cause everybody needs a friend!

Main Street USA

Me an my goofy hat circa 1986 or so:

Zac_Goofy_hat.jpg

My mother, sister, and I in front of the castle a few years earlier:

Mom_Leigh_Zac_Castle.jpg

On the skyway in 86, I believe. Notice our amazingly beautiful, matching t-shirts:

Leigh_Zac_WDW.jpg

My sister and I with Pluto. I gave him a nose kiss, of course:

Leigh_Zac_Pluto.jpg

jeffb

Oh yay, I thought I was the only one odd enough to save a bag, I feel so much better now. I would love to see a bag from 1971 too!

Below is a pic from 1972 and you can see a few old school plastic bags at the bottom left. Here is a link for a larger scan of the shot as well: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=617169620&size=o Also worth noting is the appearance of the crane and the fact that the characters had to walk (no floats).

617169620_893bf37351_b.jpg

When Captain EO was still showing ( I think it was 1987), the Imagination cast members all wore really neat gold Kodak/Journey into Imagination pins. My dad has always been a collector of Kodak memorabilia, so I set out to get one for him. None of the cast members would/could give me one, so I went to guest relations and asked them. After about an hour of phone calls, I was finally invited into the Kodak lounge around back of the attraction. They gave me one of the cast member pins for my Dad. I'm sure there aren't many of these around! I only wish I had taken pictures of the lounge.

pin.jpg

EpcotServo

I have some pictures of me as a kid with DreamFinder and some of me on Horizons. They are all framed up though, so I can't get to them to scan them. Love the pictures though! Very great thread. Try looking at them with the 1982 loop goin' in the background like I am!
:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom