EPCOT - 25 Years of photographic memories thread!

SDav10495

I really want that WoM staff parking sticker. What is that big blur EPCOT thing underneath the 15 years sign?

It's a beach towel--I have the same one. I actually unearthed it a couple of months ago and had it sitting in my room for weeks...it has since mysteriously disappeared. I mean, it's gotta be somewhere in the house, but I have no idea where it could have gone. :shrug:

Really cool towel though. Mine even has a typo on the tag: it says it's Copyright "1892". :lol: (I remember mentioning that here a few weeks ago and someone wanted a picture...if you're that someone, I apologize for not taking one because...well, it vanished. :lookaroun )

Figments Friend

Original Poster
410165354_45181e5f28_o.jpg

Notice the HUGE line waiting to get in?? Yep...that is the way it was back then...when the Imagination Pavillion had THE SINGLE greatest Disney attraction EVER! Quite a contrast to today, eh? Well...that will change next week.

Study this photos closely: THIS line we will recreate when all 1100+ Celebration 25 attendees line up to ride!

:D

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla

Oh my gosh I have that one somewhere! That's great! Now to remember where in the world I hid the rest of my stuff :veryconfu

Below is a pic from 1972 and you can see a few old school plastic bags at the bottom left. Here is a link for a larger scan of the shot as well: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=617169620&size=o Also worth noting is the appearance of the crane and the fact that the characters had to walk (no floats).

617169620_893bf37351_b.jpg

I remember those big bags, they were fun too :sohappy:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Notice the HUGE line waiting to get in?? Yep...that is the way it was back then...when the Imagination Pavillion had THE SINGLE greatest Disney attraction EVER! Quite a contrast to today, eh? Well...that will change next week.

Study this photos closely: THIS line we will recreate when all 1100+ Celebration 25 attendees line up to ride!

That's what I thought when I saw this picture... wow, look at that line. I remember being in lines like that for JII in the good ol' days...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A dont forget after queing at the pavilion sign, the switchback ran towards the toilet block and back again, infront of the large pyramid:

Attachments

• JII Switchback queue.jpg
    JII Switchback queue.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 86

animay

Thank you so much to those of you who posted the old paper shopping bags. It's silly, but I've been after good images of those for a very long time. :sohappy: Actually, there's one more in that style that's more Magic Kingdom focused with Mickey, the steamboat, castle, and other things in the 'World'. Probably pre-Epcot. It's at the bottom of this page of Walt Dated World:http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id22.htm Anyone have that one?

jeffb

Even more amazing about the queue length is that the original attraction could handle 2,576 people per hour!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I could kick myself for not having any bags from `79 or `81 - indeed I only have the Vacation guidebook from `79. Grrrr...

However, I did find these:

Attachments

• WDW bag00.jpg
    WDW bag00.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 67
  • WDW bag87.jpg
    WDW bag87.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 63
  • WDW bag91.jpg
    WDW bag91.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 68
  • WDW bag95.jpg
    WDW bag95.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 59
  • WDW bag96.jpg
    WDW bag96.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 60

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
And, I`ve also done a large format composite of the entrance mural from SSE - it should print out pretty well should you wish to.

Buttttt.... there`s a glitch in the WDWMagic album upload page. I`ll upload it as soon as it`s working.

TheBeatles

Thank you so much to those of you who posted the old paper shopping bags. It's silly, but I've been after good images of those for a very long time. :sohappy: Actually, there's one more in that style that's more Magic Kingdom focused with Mickey, the steamboat, castle, and other things in the 'World'. Probably pre-Epcot. It's at the bottom of this page of Walt Dated World:http://waltdatedworld.bravepages.com/id22.htm Anyone have that one?

I have that. However, I don't have it scanned, but when I do I'll post it in my blog. Its from 1978.

jeffb

SMRT-1 during the summer of 1983.

453318489_cb53b629a0_o.jpg

SSE - 1983

1144225816_4a4a1290dc_o.jpg

World of Motion (1994)

338754428_420125a766_b.jpg

Transcetner at the Word of Motion Pavilion 1994.

459483914_beba0464f3_b.jpg

jeffb

The Land Pavilion

362199937_07cf4c692e_b.jpg

The entrance of The Land Pavilion at EPCOT Center back in 1982. This is slide # EC 11 -1 which you used to be able to buy at Walt Disney World.

475167576_0ae99f0325_b.jpg

Slide EC 11-6 which you used to be able to buy at Walt Disney World.

466712002_0211ec160a_b.jpg

The Farmers Market formerly at EPCOT Center. This is slide (EC-11-6) that you used to be able to buy at Walt Disney World

465728916_c481e6b99b_b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom