Disney Diet Buddies...

popsicletrees

One word: P90X

I will second that. Also, keep up the cardio. You can build up a six pack through ab exercises, but if you have a layer of fat over it, you won't see it.

I'm down 1.1 this week. So, that brings me to about 4.5 lbs away from my goal. I am thinking about getting the Zumba Exhilirate dvds for the summer just to mix up my routine a bit.

enchanted_belle

I am thinking about getting the Zumba Exhilirate dvds for the summer just to mix up my routine a bit.

Trust me, DO IT. Zumba is a great way to mix it up, and I keep hearing nothing but good things about the Exhilirate dvds. I haven't gotten them yet, but I'll probably end up picking them up when I go for my instructor training next week. :wave:

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I eventually want to do P90X but I do not think I am at that level yet. I want to loose about 50lbs more because I embark on it. I figure by next summer I should be there. Have you tried P90X, if so, what was was your experience?

My husband is doing it right now and he loves it. It's tough don't get me wrong but it works if you stick with it. You do 3 days of strength training, 2 days of cardio and 1 day of yoga. There is a guy that was in the infomercial named Dallas Carter and he was I think 300 lbs and he said his friend got him to workout with him and he couldn't even make it through the warm up BUT he kept at it and did a little more each day.

popsicletrees

Trust me, DO IT. Zumba is a great way to mix it up, and I keep hearing nothing but good things about the Exhilirate dvds. I haven't gotten them yet, but I'll probably end up picking them up when I go for my instructor training next week. :wave:

Let me know how they are if you pick them up. I just think that it looks really fun and will be refreshing for the summer.

enchanted_belle

Let me know how they are if you pick them up. I just think that it looks really fun and will be refreshing for the summer.

Definitely will... if I remember correctly, I should get at least one of the discs with my training. I've heard nothing but good things about the set so they will be worth looking into! :) Of course, it doesn't compare to being in the class (I highly suggest trying if you haven't yet!!).

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I am a male but many of the exercise plans that I come across are designed for women. I have lost weight overall but my problem area is my upperbody. What can I do to make my love handles/spare tire/muffin top go away? Everything else seems to get smaller but that area. Can anyone help?

Its frustrating that often times the first place you gain weight is the last place it comes off. The key to getting a trim midsection is really diet- your ab work is done in the kitchen. If you eat a healthy balanced diet with LOTS of lean protein along with intense cardio (running is great for fat burning) you'll get great results. I agree that P90X is a great program and is definately something worth looking into. You should look at the fitness test on line, you never know what you're capable of until you try!

You should keep track of what you're eating every day. I use the "lose it" app for the iphone. I think they have a web based version as well. You can also track your macro nutrient ratios with "lose it" as well. For fat loss you want a ratio of 45% of your calories to come from carbs, 35% from protein and 20% from fat.

Make sure to drink LOTS of water.

Try to incorporate monounsaturated fats into your diet. Things like nuts, avocados, fish, dark chocolate, olives and olive oil. I found the "Flat Belly Diet Family" cookbook to be really helpful.

Good luck, stick with it and be patient. Your hard work will pay off! :wave:

mickeysshoes

We will be on the regular dining plan. That still includes 2 desserts per day! Hopefully many fat-free yogourt and fruit cups options. I wish there were at least one "light" option on every Disney menu!!

But then again, would I choose it every time??? Maybe not... :goodnevil

We go on the Deluxe dining plan and get tired of desserts by the middle of the week...so I ask for a bottle of water to go and most places will without question. Just an idea to keep in mind!!!

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Its frustrating that often times the first place you gain weight is the last place it comes off. The key to getting a trim midsection is really diet- your ab work is done in the kitchen. If you eat a healthy balanced diet with LOTS of lean protein along with intense cardio (running is great for fat burning) you'll get great results. I agree that P90X is a great program and is definately something worth looking into. You should look at the fitness test on line, you never know what you're capable of until you try!

You should keep track of what you're eating every day. I use the "lose it" app for the iphone. I think they have a web based version as well. You can also track your macro nutrient ratios with "lose it" as well. For fat loss you want a ratio of 45% of your calories to come from carbs, 35% from protein and 20% from fat.

Make sure to drink LOTS of water.

Try to incorporate monounsaturated fats into your diet. Things like nuts, avocados, fish, dark chocolate, olives and olive oil. I found the "Flat Belly Diet Family" cookbook to be really helpful.

Good luck, stick with it and be patient. Your hard work will pay off! :wave:

Great advice!

enchanted_belle

They do have a web version, it's loseit.com... I started using it last month, and would be doing well if I wasn't so lazy at recording everything! :lookaroun It's great because it lets you put in food calories and what you've done via work out, keeps everything balanced for you.

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Original Poster
Don't know if anybody is interested, but i just started my own diet blog. The address is in the signature strip. I would love to see yours if any of you have some xx

sweetpee_1993

Don't know if anybody is interested, but i just started my own diet blog. The address is in the signature strip. I would love to see yours if any of you have some xx

Great blog! And way to go on your 2-week success! Every little bit lost is more motivation to keep going. Thanks for sharing that. I totally think you can do it! Just like I did when I hit my 30th, you're gonna make 30 look goooooooood! :D

enchanted_belle

How is everyone holding up??? Any new updates to share?

I am 9.5 lbs down from where I started back in January (and 22 inches)... but 7.5 lbs down since my diet started in April. :sohappy:

Eeyore

Premium Member
It's awfully quiet in here! I hope everyone is sticking with their programs!

disney4life2008 have you taken a look at the P90x fitness test yet? I keep thinking about your post and hoping that you won't wait a year to give it a try (unless of course you have an injury or health issues that will prevent you from doing it). I waited awhile before doing both p90x and Turbo Fire and can't help but think how much farther along I'd be right now if I had started sooner.

echovictor

Ugh! Not so good for me over the past month. Gained back 4 of the 25 I lost. We've had 2 family parties for my son's 1st birthday and I can't stay away from the cake. Cake is my weakness! I end up snacking on the left-overs everytime I walk by it. I know I should throw it out immediately but I alway tell myself that I won't give in to the temptation. Ha, right. Anyway, the celebrations are finally over so no more excuses!

Thanks for bumping this thread to remind me that there are "watchers" out there for the motivation.

sublimesting

I have a few tips:

It has to be a lifestyle change for sure but that doesn't mean it has to be a cut throat diet 24/7. You HAVE to allow some snacks and good times in there but you also HAVE to eliminate lengthy or regular binges. I allow myself the vacation binge and about a week or 2 at Christmas and also holidays, camping trips special dinners etc. but for 90% of them time I eat very lean, almost vegetarian (about 1100 - 1500 calories/day) and run 2 miles in the mountainous Pennsylvanis hills daily or every other day with a weight routine.

My sister in law did that crazy HCG diet where you eat 500 calories/day and take HCG. During this whole time she saved up cakes and doughnuts and such that people brought into work so she could eat them after her diet. "I want my share is how she put it." Well, needless to say she lost and gained back 20 pounds in about 2 months. She didn't get the lifestyle change.

Also, don't use the scale, it's heartbreaking and demotivating for a variety of reasons: muscle weighs way more than fat per the amount of area it takes up. So as you get stronger and more muscular you will weigh more. Then there are the days where you hop on the scale and weigh 7 pounds more due to water retention. In other words weight fluctuates between 0-10 punds/day.
Use a tape measure around waste, hips, chest neck and thighs. Keep track of that.

Eeyore

Premium Member
Ugh! Not so good for me over the past month. Gained back 4 of the 25 I lost. We've had 2 family parties for my son's 1st birthday and I can't stay away from the cake. Cake is my weakness! I end up snacking on the left-overs everytime I walk by it. I know I should throw it out immediately but I alway tell myself that I won't give in to the temptation. Ha, right. Anyway, the celebrations are finally over so no more excuses!

Thanks for bumping this thread to remind me that there are "watchers" out there for the motivation.

Have you thrown the cake out or given it away? My weakness is chocolate so I try to keep it out of the house or put it somewhere that I can't reach it. Every moment is a chance to start over. I tend to be an all or nothing type person and was stuck in the mindset of "oh well, I can have that piece of cake because I've already had one today so I've blown it. I'll start again tomorrow.". It's dangerous to think that way and has taken me a long time to temper it. You should have your (small) piece of cake but work out harder or cut back your calories somewhere else that day. Life is far too short to skip the things we enjoy altogether.

I'm definately watching and will be happy to call all of you out! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom