Disney Diet Buddies...

bmarkelon

Also, as far as diet the one thing that I try to do is replace one meal with an Atkins shake and try to stop giving into the snacking temtation. Otherwise I have not changed much, I have always eaten pretty healthy with reasonable portion size anyway.

stratman50th

I'd like to lose it for Disney in a month and a half. I need to lose it regardless.
I quit smoking two years ago after my heart attack and since then have packed on 35lbs! I was working out every day after work and keeping things pretty well under control, but then my dad got sick and I was spending every day at his house and not exercising like I should have. Now I've got a lot farther to go!

sweetpee_1993

When I did the weight loss program with my doctor's office they gave me a pamphlet for a 1500 calorie diet. It's not so much a set menu or anything. It just gives you knowledge of what the proper portions are and how to combine portions to get the numbers to line up. I can scan it and post it here. Bottom line is that successful weight loss happens when you're body is burning more than it takes in.

Some tricks I also learned when my boys were little guys for portions was to use smaller dishes. If I use a regular dinner plate and I've cooked something I really like I'll heap that joker up from rim to rim. :lol: Well, when I started using the boys' malemine kiddie character plates there was only so much the heaping would do. And as Disney fans we can certainly use smaller portions as a great excuse to buy ourselves little kiddie dishes with our favorite characters! Right???

And for those who have slipped like me and gotten themselves deeper in the weight-loss hole, don't let it beat you down. I've been doing that entirely too long. Each day is a new day with decisions to make and a fresh start. Leave the past behind you and keep moving forward.

Sooooo...I just got back from one hooooot walk/run. I left waaaay too late. I need to be going earlier in the day.

disneyrcks

Hi guys. Check out our running board at http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128
I know running may not be your thing, but lots of us in there started from nothing and now can run 5ks, half marathons, full marathons, and some cases - crazy long ultra marathons.

Great suggestion Steve! The running board really motivated me to get active and I found a great program from the suggestions over there.

I have started jogging but still have to lose weight to make it more comfortable for my shins.

Great thread OP, support makes losing the weight a little easier and I would love to hear suggestions of how others work their diet/exercise plans! :wave:

dave&di

I'm a yo-yo dieter, but when a WDW trip is approaching I always aim to lose 28lbs, I have a wardrobe of clothes I only wear at WDW that would not fit me generally. When I visit WDW I am a size 12 (uk size) now I am between 14-16 :( BUT I am not going to WDW till Sept 2012 so I have no motivation to lose any weight at the moment. I want to look better for the summer, even if I will only be spending it in my back garden. :cry:

There are 2 words that help me lose weight, it works ever time - WII FIT !!!
But I can't be bothered as I'm not going to WDW this year. :hammer:

echovictor

Glad to see this post for the motivation. Recently lost 25lbs but really want to lose at least 10 more.

One way I keep motivated on my walks (and keep the daughter from whining) is to pretend we just picked up our FP at Expedition Everest and are trying to make it to KS before the lines get long. Or are at rope drop and trying to get ahead of the crowd for Dumbo. I'll pick out a point in the distance and we'll do short sprints to get there. Helps if you picture Brazilian tour groups ahead of you! :lol:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
How long have you been doing it for? I'm on week 11! I just bought the advanced dvd's! Can't wait to try them!

I'm on week 12. I'm on to the advanced cardio next week. I've substituted fire60 for fire55 a few times when I had some extra time and it's intense. I watched the upper, lower, and ab workouts and they scare me! :lol:

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I'm on week 12. I'm on to the advanced cardio next week. I've substituted fire60 for fire55 a few times when I had some extra time and it's intense. I watched the upper, lower, and ab workouts and they scare me! :lol:

I am seriously to the point where Turbo Fire is an addiction! :lol: I love how I feel afterwards! I've just looked at Fire 60 so far, now I'm curious about the others..I love a challenge!:king:

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I am seriously to the point where Turbo Fire is an addiction! :lol: I love how I feel afterwards! I've just looked at Fire 60 so far, now I'm curious about the others..I love a challenge!:king:

I'm the same way. For the first time in my life I look forward to working out and I've been consistent since January. I haven't missed a single workout and I even did 5 days of the inferno plan twice since beginning.

I just added weighted gloves last week (.5 pounds each) and I'm hoping to ramp it up to 1 pound each next week. My weight hasn't really budged but I'm so much leaner than I used to be and I feel great. "It's not about the number on the scale. Who cares?! Do something for yourself!"

I did p90x last year and I liked it and got decent results but it just didn't have enough cardio for me. Turbo Fire is just what I needed! :sohappy:

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
I'm the same way. For the first time in my life I look forward to working out and I've been consistent since January. I haven't missed a single workout and I even did 5 days of the inferno plan twice since beginning.

I just added weighted gloves last week (.5 pounds each) and I'm hoping to ramp it up to 1 pound each next week. My weight hasn't really budged but I'm so much leaner than I used to be and I feel great. "It's not about the number on the scale. Who cares?! Do something for yourself!"

I did p90x last year and I liked it and got decent results but it just didn't have enough cardio for me. Turbo Fire is just what I needed! :sohappy:

Good for you! Yeah my weight hasn't changed much either but I'm seriously gaining muscle and I lost 1 pant size! I started back in 2006 with Turbo Jam and I was so happy when she came out with Turbo Fire! The music on each workout gets me pumped up! Man now I can't wait to get home and do Fire 30! :lol:

sweetpee_1993

Eeyore & ksccar, that's interesting stuff. Y'all sure seem to really love it. I looked up that Turbo Fire stuff on YouTube. Wow. Just wow. I gotta say, kudos to y'all. Bravo! I don't think I'd ever have a prayer of doing such. I ain't that coordinated. I'd knock myself out, I think. :lol:

ggauthier82

Yaay lost another pound this morning! Gotta get through the weekend though, weekends are a killer... I have my in-laws coming over for the weekend too, that's not gonna help! :shrug:

sweetpee_1993

Yay ggauthier82! You can do it! :sohappy: Just hang in there over the weekend. If the urge to snack strikes only eat a bite or two. :D

I wasn't going to do another walk/run this morning since I've already hit it 4x's this week. Hubby kept texting me asking if I was going because he was afraid of it getting too late & too hot on me. I told him I hadn't planned to go but for some reason he kept asking which made me feel like he was nagging me or something. I got mad and went. I'm glad I did it now but at the time I was thoroughly peeved. :lol:

A couple days ago I finally got me a Bobble water bottle and looooove it! I fill it up before bed, put it in the fridge, and it's all set for morning walk/run time.

popsicletrees

My goal is to get back to 160 lbs....that's almost 20 lbs. to lose by September. I know I can do it. I've done it before. I just have to get consistant and not give up or give in!

I love your motivation thoughts! I'll have to do that where when I have my sweets cravings I promise myself that I can do it on Sundays. My bet is on Sunday I'll either have forgotten or tell myself "If I haven't caved by now, I don't need it". I usually try to exercise at least 4 days a week. 4 is my minimum because then I know in a weeks time I've worked out more than I haven't. Exercise is such a mind game for me. I'll definitely be trying your tricks! :wave:

I definitely think you can reach your goal by September! Working out is a mind game for me as well. Now that I'm finished with night classes, I am going to commit myself to 6 days a week unless something comes up that takes away my time. I read that you go running a few times a week. What keeps you motivated when it comes to running? My husband loves to run, and I hate it! He told me though that as soon as I train for a half-marathon we will go to Disney and run one. You would think that would be enough for me! :lol: I can walk all day and all night long, and I just absolutely dread running.

I absolutely agree with you with the weights. I started Jillian Michael's kettelbell training and did this workout 4 or 5 times a week for 2 weeks and lost 5 lbs. I'm seeing muscle tone in my body that I haven't seen since high school. It's now been close to 3 months since I've made exercise a regular part of my week, shooting for 4 or 5 days a week...and I am in the best shape I've ever been in. I'd be happy losing 5 more lbs.

I may need to try that. I actually really enjoy doing muscle toning now, and I was so afraid of it for so long. Right now the heaviest weights I am using are 4lb weights or combining them with my 2lb weights for a little more. I am thinking about picking up some 8lbs just to fatigue my muscles even more.

I might have to try Turbofire now. I see the infomercials for it, and it looks intriguing and fast-paced. I like the workouts that I do now at home, but I'm getting a little bored. So, I'm thinking about trying something new for the summer. I've also thought about picking up the Zumba at home workout dvds. Has anyone tried these?

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Original Poster
Wow I haven't had the internet, so I havent seen all these replies! Wow!

Wouldn't it be great if there was a weight lose section on the WDWmagic forums?

enchanted_belle

Yes!!! This is exactly what I needed. :)

I'm going down in Feb too... hoping to do the Princess Half (I have a long way to go between now and then), but will at least be doing the 5k that weekend!

I'm a really big Zumba fan. I go about 5-6 hours a week (just came back from class actually), but I need to work on more running... and getting my diet, etc on track. Ack!

My goal by next Feb is to lose about 50 pounds. I don't think I can get any lower than that, I wish.

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom