Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

WishIwasThere

Can anyone ever post a rumor here without SOME of you attacking and discrediting the person right away? It is a rumor thread, for pete's sake. Leave the OP alone. If you don't believe it, move on to the next thread. Some of you spend all your time attacking people who post rumor threads so that you can go to bed at night having proven the world is flat.

Since rumors can be true or false, I, like most others here, hope it's true.

Look at the FLE. That was announced by the WDW Company and the entire proposed project still WON'T see the light of day. So, I'll go with the rumor since it has as good a chance of coming to fruition as the entire FLE. Give the poster a break guys. Geez......:rolleyes:

I do beleive that last year when that mystery blueprint showed up showing the FLE, quite a few people here disputed its authenticity. Lets just take rumors for what they are.

Tom

Beta Return
I want disney to stop focusing on everything else (except fantasyland) and fix up freaking Epcot! They made some good changes that didn't really need to be made there like the italian resteraunt and mexican resteraunt. But I was thinking that they could fix up Future World. You got Wonders of Life to make straight, as well as re-making a new dark ride for Imagination, and is it just me or is Test Track going down? :lookaroun Also Spaceship Earth is a little lame too. The Land has to do something with The Circle of Life and I'm afraid that if I use my opinion on Mission: Space, it'll cause a huge argument over the thread so I won't go there. Universe of Energy is ready for a major update as well. But Future World needs to be fixed! The only things up to date there are Soarin', The Seas, Innoventions, and the shops & resteraunts.

Aside from WOL being a complete abortion, I am extremely happy with the current state of Epcot. If I ignore my childlike for the MK, Epcot is my favorite park.

Yes, I agree that it would be nice to toss in a few new countries, or perhaps finish the boat and/or dark ride plans they had for some of them. But as a whole, WS is an amazing, immersive experience - IMO.

As for FW, Test Track, MS and Soarin are still excellent attractions. And as far as pavilions go, I think Land and Seas win, hands down. They each have at least 2 (functioning) attractions.

LwtL, Circle of Life and Soarin are all in fine shape and help complete a grand pavilion. TTwC and the Nemo ride aren't headliners, but together with the tanks and other experiences, they make Seas yet another incredible pavilion (even if it's not for everyone).

UOE has run its course, but at least it's still running and not just a giant empty building. Same for Imagination - the ride is pathetic and I don't care for the current show in the HISTA theater - but it's there, and it's open, and it still eats people.

They need to think a little harder and come up with a new theme for the WOL pavilion and throw a couple of attractions in there to fill that very awkward void on that side of the park. Other than that, I think Epcot can continue operation as-is and keep lots of guests happy while they spend money in other parks that honestly need the help (i.e. another headliner at AK, do FLE correctly, PP at DHS).

s8film40

Seems to me if they put all of the logistical stuff over there, ot at least as much as possible, there would be more than enough space to expand. That is if the BLT goes too.

The space they have over there is a little larger than just for logistical stuff. They could keep the BLT and add a Cars land there.

SoccerMickey

Yay! The _____________ is finally_______________ in the ________________!!!!

I like that idea better than _______________ or _________________!

Now if only they'd _________________, then all of our dreams will
come true. Of course we know that TDO ____________________ and
also that Glendale and TDA _________________________.

Of course, it could be __________________, which, admittedly, is nothing
compared to the ________________________ at TokyoDisneySea.

The only problem is that to do this right, they'll need to close ________________ and ________________________, and move _____________ over to ________________. I'm sure they'll find a way.

You forgot the icing on the cake...

I'm sure _________ will be cool until they ruin it and add Stitch!

Thrill Seeker

I love how randomly a rumor about Studios turns into a discussion about Epcot...

Aside from WOL being a complete abortion, I am extremely happy with the current state of Epcot. If I ignore my childlike for the MK, Epcot is my favorite park.

Yes, I agree that it would be nice to toss in a few new countries, or perhaps finish the boat and/or dark ride plans they had for some of them. But as a whole, WS is an amazing, immersive experience - IMO.

As for FW, Test Track, MS and Soarin are still excellent attractions. And as far as pavilions go, I think Land and Seas win, hands down. They each have at least 2 (functioning) attractions.

LwtL, Circle of Life and Soarin are all in fine shape and help complete a grand pavilion. TTwC and the Nemo ride aren't headliners, but together with the tanks and other experiences, they make Seas yet another incredible pavilion (even if it's not for everyone).

UOE has run its course, but at least it's still running and not just a giant empty building. Same for Imagination - the ride is pathetic and I don't care for the current show in the HISTA theater - but it's there, and it's open, and it still eats people.

They need to think a little harder and come up with a new theme for the WOL pavilion and throw a couple of attractions in there to fill that very awkward void on that side of the park. Other than that, I think Epcot can continue operation as-is and keep lots of guests happy while they spend money in other parks that honestly need the help (i.e. another headliner at AK, do FLE correctly, PP at DHS).

My humble opinion is that Epcot is in decent shape, but it hasn't gotten a truely new attraction since Mission: SPACE in 2003. For Future World, here are my proposed changes...

Demo WoL and replace it with a Tron thrill ride
Update UoE with a modernized script and show
Replace Soarin' with Soarin' Around the World
Replace Circle of Life with a Wall-E Environmental show
Completely redo JII pavilion. Start by closing JIIwF and Imageworks to transform the attraction back to it's original glory and by returning Dreamfinder to the ride. Also, restore Imageworks to it's original location upstairs. Once that is complete, re-open both attractions and close Captain EO to be replaced by a new 3-D show about journeying into Figment's mind.

Minor changes:
Refurb M:S and TT to include new show elements as well as general cleaning and repair.
Finish the decent for SSE!

There ya go. Some changes that could make Epcot a bit better...

dreamfinder

Thanks for the clarification. Well why are the advertising for it? They make it seem it like it's available for all theme parks.

They are probably pushing the stand along systems the same way simulators were huge a few years ago. I remember every mall had a stand along simulator ride. And several smaller regional parks I went to. So I could easily see some smaller parks picking up kukas to do their own version of Sum Of All Thrills. Get 4 units, charge 10-15 bucks each. The same as thise junior bungee bounce things that show up at malls and Six Flags now. Not all theme parks do big massive rides all the time. Many only have the budget for smaller things like that.

In regards to the OP's post. I am all for some expansion, updating, whatever. But I really don't think a new massive mini land works well with the DHS current layout. There aren't any other large areas with a single theme. It still retains a Hollywood/motion picture studio type feel. And dropping a large 3-4 ride Carsland doesn't really flow with that. Admittedly, I can't see it really flowing well with any current park. Rip out the backstage tour. But put in rides/attractions that fit with the current themeing.

NewfieFan

I love how randomly a rumor about Studios turns into a discussion about Epcot...

My humble opinion is that Epcot is in decent shape, but it hasn't gotten a truely new attraction since Mission: SPACE in 2003. For Future World, here are my proposed changes...

Demo WoL and replace it with a Tron thrill ride
Update UoE with a modernized script and show
Replace Soarin' with Soarin' Around the World
Replace Circle of Life with a Wall-E Environmental show
Completely redo JII pavilion. Start by closing JIIwF and Imageworks to transform the attraction back to it's original glory and by returning Dreamfinder to the ride. Also, restore Imageworks to it's original location upstairs. Once that is complete, re-open both attractions and close Captain EO to be replaced by a new 3-D show about journeying into Figment's mind.

Minor changes:
Refurb M:S and TT to include new show elements as well as general cleaning and repair.
Finish the decent for SSE!

There ya go. Some changes that could make Epcot a bit better...

I like the Circle of Life video but I would love to see something with Wall E in it!

DisneyParksFan1

So back to DHS, I'm really starting to think that there will indeed be a Cars Land for DHS. I just heard an epidsode of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast in which Jim Hill was featured and he was saying that there will most likely be one for DHS before the end of the decade. Honestly, he seems pretty knowledgable and credible, and if it ends up not happening I wouldn't think it was because he was simply trying to eff with us.

NewfieFan

So back to DHS, I'm really starting to think that there will indeed be a Cars Land for DHS. I just heard an epidsode of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast in which Jim Hill was featured and he was saying that there will most likely be one for DHS before the end of the decade. Honestly, he seems pretty knowledgable and credible, and if it ends up not happening I wouldn't think it was because he was simply trying to eff with us.

The end of the decade!?! But this is 2010... isn't this the beginning of the decade.... I can't wait that long!!!

lownalo

sure cars land would we fantastic.....a true water ride for either HS or EPCOT would be better. Imagine an Indiana Jones boat ride through a mystical Aztec temple, or a whitewater adventure through Canada.

EaglesfanNJ

Sorry for stirring up all this trouble. Don't forget I posted a rumor that was a 30 second snippet of a 20 minute conversation. Didn't think I was going to get flamed this way.

You have nothing to be sorry for. A) It's a discussion forum B) It's the RUMOR section C) Whenever something like this comes up the first thing some people prefer to do is poke holes in it and question credibility. Sorry but i am almost positive you have better things to do especially with you being in WDW right now, than to make up stories in your head and post them. Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation and posting this! I'm sure we won't hear confirmations for a while, but if it's true it sure sounds exciting!

Figment1986

I guess the robocoaster has two definitions--an arm that simulates a roller coaster, and an arm on a roller coaster track. Universal has exclusive rights over the latter.

Actually Disney got those 4 G1 Sims... universal got the G2s, no one had the G3s yet :drevil: (yes there are 3 generations of Robo coaster concepts... and universal's travels via Bus Bar, not coaster track)

gerryu21220

The end of the decade!?! But this is 2010... isn't this the beginning of the decade.... I can't wait that long!!!

No, this is the END of the decade. Problem is that there was no 'year 0' on the Gregorian calendar we use. Most people mistake a year ending in 0 to be the beginning of a decade or century, but it is not. The first year on the calendar we use was the year 1. The year prior to that was 1 BC (or BCE). No 'year 0' in between the two. Like this:

5 B.C.
4 B.C.
3 B.C.
2 B.C.
1 B.C.
1 A.D.
2 A.D.
3 A.D.
4 A.D.
5 A.D. ... and so on

So decades start with the years ending in 1, and end on the year ending in 0 (1-10). Centuries start with the year 01 and end in 00. The year 2000 was the 2,000th year, and the END of the 20th Century, as well as the end of the 2nd Millenium.

CoffeeJedi

OMG
Seriously? Debating about the definition of "decade"?

/headdesk

For conversational purposes, labeling a decade X0 - X9 is much easier because you can say things like "the 80's". It's not like the entire culture shuts down on new year's eve then gets rebooted into something totally different the next morning anyway. We only group things into decades because we have a base-10 numerical system anyway. If we used hexadecimal math in every day life we'd be arguing over the definition of a hexadecade (16 years).

But back to the topic at hand. Looking at maps, they really painted themselves into a corner when they laid out the Studios, there's not much room for expansion. Why did they built it there anyway? It's not like there wasn't plenty of room elsewhere in 89. Sad as it is to say it, I think it might be time for the BLT to move out for some new lands. It's way too much space being taken up for a lackluster attraction that's just a shell of its former self.

RSoxNo1

He got some of it right from what he read on the web.

And some of it wrong.

Not quite sure what you mean, but to clarify all these rumors, let's look these through logically.

Unless Disney drastically changes their spending habits, it doesn't seem that all of these projects can be given the go-ahead in the time frames being thrown out.

Consider we already know the following
2012: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Fantasyland expansion, Dumbo "refurbishment"
2011: Star Tours 2.0

Last 6 years:
2010: Main Street Electrical Parade returns, Captain EO returns
2009: American Idol Experience, Hall of Presidents Refurbishment
2008: Toy Story Mania, Spaceship Earth refurbishment
2007: Monster's Inc Laugh Floor,
2006: Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo the Musical, Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment
2005: Soarin', Lights Motors Action

It seems unlikely that anything will open in 2013, and by all accounts the Monster's Inc Coaster is the next item on the table for 2014.

Even if Carsland is planned for the latter part of the decade, I have to believe that the demand for a major expansion will be far greater in the Animal Kingdom

Thrill Seeker

Not quite sure what you mean, but to clarify all these rumors, let's look these through logically.

Unless Disney drastically changes their spending habits, it doesn't seem that all of these projects can be given the go-ahead in the time frames being thrown out.

Consider we already know the following
2012: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Fantasyland expansion, Dumbo "refurbishment"
2011: Star Tours 2.0

Last 6 years:
2010: Main Street Electrical Parade returns, Captain EO returns
2009: American Idol Experience, Hall of Presidents Refurbishment
2008: Toy Story Mania, Spaceship Earth refurbishment
2007: Monster's Inc Laugh Floor,
2006: Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo the Musical, Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment
2005: Soarin', Lights Motors Action

It seems unlikely that anything will open in 2013, and by all accounts the Monster's Inc Coaster is the next item on the table for 2014.

Even if Carsland is planned for the latter part of the decade, I have to believe that the demand for a major expansion will be far greater in the Animal Kingdom

You forgot one:

2007: The Seas with Nemo and Friends

Carry on...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom