Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

TP2000

Even if Carsland is planned for the latter part of the decade, I have to believe that the demand for a major expansion will be far greater in the Animal Kingdom

I also have to believe they will wait for Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers to open in June, 2012 before they make any further decisions. What if Cars Land flops and Racers doesn't do well?

And what of all the chatter that Radiator Springs Racers is just Test Track with a Cars movie theme? Would they want two Test Track rides on WDW property?

GrumpyFan

Not quite sure what you mean, but to clarify all these rumors, let's look these through logically.

Unless Disney drastically changes their spending habits, it doesn't seem that all of these projects can be given the go-ahead in the time frames being thrown out.

Consider we already know the following
2012: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Fantasyland expansion, Dumbo "refurbishment"
2011: Star Tours 2.0

Last 6 years:
2010: Main Street Electrical Parade returns, Captain EO returns
2009: American Idol Experience, Hall of Presidents Refurbishment
2008: Toy Story Mania, Spaceship Earth refurbishment
2007: Monster's Inc Laugh Floor,
2006: Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo the Musical, Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment
2005: Soarin', Lights Motors Action

It seems unlikely that anything will open in 2013, and by all accounts the Monster's Inc Coaster is the next item on the table for 2014.

Even if Carsland is planned for the latter part of the decade, I have to believe that the demand for a major expansion will be far greater in the Animal Kingdom

Look at that list, then consider how the money has been distributed, both past and future (planned), Animal Kingdom will be 6 years after the last new attraction once all the current planned construction is finished. Therefore, I'm betting that park will be or should be next to get something new.

SeaCastle

Part of me wishes Radiator Springs stays in DCA. The parks need their own identity, not just time-tested, already-successful attractions at other parks.

GrumpyFan

Part of me wishes Radiator Springs stays in DCA. The parks need their own identity, not just time-tested, already-successful attractions at other parks.

I would agree with you for the most part. However, since there is another Cars movie in development, they could theme the one in California to the first movie's setting of Radiator Springs, then when (if) the build the one at DHS, they could theme it to the setting/scenes from the second movie. I've heard rumor that the sequel is supposed to take place in Europe, which could conceivably tie in quite well with LMA. IF they did this, then you could have two vastly different versions of the same ride.

I referenced his Imagineer polo shirt and he stated he works full time for WDW Imagineering.

I have an Imagineer polo shirt and could easily get someone to believe that I am an Imagineer on vacation too. Being in the US Air Force with cast member standards I'd wear this Disney hawaiian style shirt with lots of attractions images on it and kacki pants with black shoes and had many guest approach me with questions because it just screamed Cast Member everywhere I went. I didn't even need a name tag or pin lanyard either.

DisneyParksFan1

I am also wishing the same thing. If Pixar Place is being expanded into a whole Pixar Land I think that there should be several mini-lands like with the FYL Expansion each with its own ride, restaurants, and shops. All themed to the movies. I want them to make you go INTO these worlds.

BrerFrog

I am also wishing the same thing. If Pixar Place is being expanded into a whole Pixar Land I think that there should be several mini-lands like with the FYL Expansion each with its own ride, restaurants, and shops. All themed to the movies. I want them to make you go INTO these worlds.

I don't think there is room for something like that back there, unless PP takes over the entire west side of the park.

RSoxNo1

Animal Kingdom is a tough park to expand, especially if no one is fighting for it. It has never had a cloned attraction, but it has had two of it's attractions cloned (Tough to be a bug and Festival of the Lion King). In this age of sharing development costs that makes it difficult.

Couple that with the fact that so much of the park is amazingly themed, any addition has to be planned very carefully. Or just thrown in haphazardly like Dinorama.

BrerFrog

Animal Kingdom is a tough park to expand, especially if no one is fighting for it. It has never had a cloned attraction, but it has had two of it's attractions cloned (Tough to be a bug and Festival of the Lion King). In this age of sharing development costs that makes it difficult.

Couple that with the fact that so much of the park is amazingly themed, any addition has to be planned very carefully. Or just thrown in haphazardly like Dinorama.

Please, not another Dinorama. I remember the first time I stepped into that place and I thought to myself: "What exactly is going on here? Am I still in AK?"

As you said the park is amazingly themed, unlike any other park in the property, but Dinorama is a big smudge.

wizards8507

Haha I understand your point, but how exactly do you define "time-tested"? If Radiator Springs came to WDW, I would hardly consider the amount of time it will have been open in California "time-tested."

wizards8507

They have those plans. And they would work perfectly. Camp Minnie-Mickey would be detonated in a celebratory explosion, and Animal Kingdom could be made whole.

(See avatar for my bitterness and obvious bias.)

IWant2GoNow

They have those plans. And they would work perfectly. Camp Minnie-Mickey would be detonated in a celebratory explosion, and Animal Kingdom could be made whole.

(See avatar for my bitterness and obvious bias.)

I'd buy a hard ticket for that and fly down just to see it. :D

Studios Fan

I'm a little late to the discussion but I would support PP expansion. My only concern is that RSR would take up a lot of a space in an already small park. I would probably prefer several smaller rides (like a dark ride or a water ride) that didn't take up as much space.

DisneyParksFan1

I'm a little late to the discussion but I would support PP expansion. My only concern is that RSR would take up a lot of a space in an already small park. I would probably prefer several smaller rides (like a dark ride or a water ride) that didn't take up as much space.

The Backlot is a fairly large space. Plus, the Lights Motors Action area.

BrerFrog

That is certainly a issue, but it is not like DCA had space to spare. Maybe we will get a smaller version of the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom