Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

dvcnut39

Original Poster
Bumped into a vacationing Imagineer yesterday at the Studios. Grilled him pretty good about future plans at the Studios. After twenty minutes of questioning, he did smile at me and said that there is plenty of room behind Lights, Motors, Action for a major attraction by the end of 2012. He stated that Sunset Blvd would be the only place to draw large crowds of adults in the near future. Take it for what it's worth. More to follow when I get back.

jt04

Bumped into a vacationing Imagineer yesterday at the Studios. Grilled him pretty good about future plans at the Studios. After twenty minutes of questioning, he did smile at me and said that there is plenty of room behind Lights, Motors, Action for a major attraction by the end of 2012. He stated that Sunset Blvd would be the only place to draw large crowds of adults in the near future. Take it for what it's worth. More to follow when I get back.

How did you bump into a "vacationing Imagineer"? I would think they would rather vacation away from where they work. Being a vacation and all.

Grizzly Hall 71

Here's to hoping it will happen.

Atomicmickey

Yay! The _____________ is finally_______________ in the ________________!!!!

I like that idea better than _______________ or _________________!

Now if only they'd _________________, then all of our dreams will
come true. Of course we know that TDO ____________________ and
also that Glendale and TDA _________________________.

Of course, it could be __________________, which, admittedly, is nothing
compared to the ________________________ at TokyoDisneySea.

The only problem is that to do this right, they'll need to close ________________ and ________________________, and move _____________ over to ________________. I'm sure they'll find a way.

RSoxNo1

I'm not sure that timeline is accurate.

I would assume the imagineer would be referencing the backlot area, which isn't really behind Lights Motors Action.

The only real buzz on what may wind up back there would be Carsland, whether it be the full DCA version or Radiator Springs Racers. While I would love to see it, I definitely wouldn't bet on it by 2012.

If I had to bet on the major additions to DHS right now I'd guess the best case scenario would be:
2011: Star Tours 2.0
2013: Monster's Inc Coaster
2016: Carsland

That's purely guesswork, but those are the rumors that are circulating right now (with Star Tours obviously being confirmed).

jt04

How did you bump into a "vacationing Imagineer"? I would think they would rather vacation away from where they work. Being a vacation and all.

Also, did this Imagineer complain at all about being grilled for 20 minutes of "shop talk" while on vacation?

Were you stuck together in a queue? I suprised the family didn't complain about this Imagineer spending valuable vacation time talking to a guest rather than them. It is an odd story you tell. :lookaroun

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm not sure that timeline is accurate.

I would assume the imagineer would be referencing the backlot area, which isn't really behind Lights Motors Action.

The only real buzz on what may wind up back there would be Carsland, whether it be the full DCA version or Radiator Springs Racers. While I would love to see it, I definitely wouldn't bet on it by 2012.

If I had to bet on the major additions to DHS right now I'd guess the best case scenario would be:
2011: Star Tours 2.0
2013: Monster's Inc Coaster
2016: Carsland

That's purely guesswork, but those are the rumors that are circulating right now (with Star Tours obviously being confirmed).

I think you're right on the first two (obviously with ST2). I believe the MI coaster may take a little longer than 2013, especially with so many resources focused on the FLE right now. As for Carsland, I'd love to see it happen, but I just don't know if TDO wants another DCA clone right now. I have no qualms about it though....:)

Grizzly Hall 71

Yay! The _____Studios________ is finally__getting_____________ in the ________Know________!!!!

I like that idea better than ____Fantasyland Expansion___________ or _______Neverland in MK__________!

Now if only they'd __________make it exciting_______, then all of our dreams will
come true. Of course we know that TDO ____________won't make it fun________ and
also that Glendale and TDA ___will make it better______________________.

Of course, it could be _____________Indiana Jones Ride_____, which, admittedly, is nothing
compared to the ______________one__________ at TokyoDisneySea.

The only problem is that to do this right, they'll need to close ____________Voyage Of The Little Mermaid____ and __________The Movie Set Adventure______________, and move _Beauty and The Beast____________ over to ______The Premiere Theatre__________. I'm sure they'll find a way.

I Love Mad Libs :sohappy:!

Grizzly Hall 71

Maybe he saw him on the Backlot Tour since "you never know who or what you may see on the backlot."

Seriously I believe in this and hope something happens, the Studios needs it.

Animaniac93-98

Yay! The _____________ is finally_______________ in the ________________!!!!

I like that idea better than _______________ or _________________!

Now if only they'd _________________, then all of our dreams will
come true. Of course we know that TDO ____________________ and
also that Glendale and TDA _________________________.

Of course, it could be __________________, which, admittedly, is nothing
compared to the ________________________ at TokyoDisneySea.

The only problem is that to do this right, they'll need to close ________________ and ________________________, and move _____________ over to ________________. I'm sure they'll find a way.

:lol:

These forums, in one easy to use post.

EmperorMilenko

Maybe he saw him on the Backlot Tour since "you never know who or what you may see on the backlot."

Seriously I believe in this and hope something happens, the Studios needs it.

Yeah, DHS is in dire need of something(not more than AK, of course). With the potential of Pixar Place, you would have figured they would've capitalized on it already :shrug: I wish the Incredibles could have some sort of attraction. And with such potential for a sequel, you'd think they would have acted upon it in some way. Well, if it was to be anything (thats not the MI coaster) what are peoples thoughts on what else has the potential to be brought to life in DHS:confused:

raven

Not doubting your credibility but there are a few holes in this statement. First off, Imagineers are sworn wouldn't just share information with a stranger about future plans unless they want to end their career with Disney. Imagineering also has 150 or more located in Florida (on the Epcot grounds) so they possibly aren't really on vacation. These people aren't just working on Florida projects but it's an extension of Imagineering in CA. Secondly, behind LMA is World Drive. How can the park expand across that span? It's more likely if the park were to expand it would go east across the toll plaza.

dvcnut39

Original Poster
He was on a cigarette break just outside of Prime Time while his family was on an attraction. I asked numerious times if was bugging him, and he said he was enjoying the conversation. I referenced his Imagineer polo shirt and he stated he works full time for WDW Imagineering.

I've been on these boards for many years, and never posted a rumor. This is what a legitimate, creditialed Imagineer told me. Sorry this is so vague I'm on a blackberry, more to come when I return home on the 16th. Ill be able to go into more detail.

NewfieFan

I don't care if he's telling the truth or not... it's fun to have a rumor to discuss.

Bring on Monsters Inc. or Carsland... either/or... I'm easy to please!

DisneyParksFan1

He was on a cigarette break just outside of Prime Time while his family was on an attraction. I asked numerious times if was bugging him, and he said he was enjoying the conversation. I referenced his Imagineer polo shirt and he stated he works full time for WDW six months out of the year, the other six months he works in another state.

I've been on these boards for many years, and never posted a rumor. This is what a legitimate, creditialed Imagineer told me. Sorry this is so vague I'm on a blackberry, more to come when I return home on the 16th. Ill be able to go into more detail.

Goodness it seems like next week a LOT of rumors will be revealed... well hopefully. I mean here's this Hollywood Studios Imagineering report, then just yesterday someone else posted that next week they should know what the plans for the FLE are now. I mean geez, next week should be interesting I'll say that!

EmperorMilenko

Goodness it seems like next week a LOT of rumors will be revealed... well hopefully. I mean here's this Hollywood Studios Imagineering report, then just yesterday someone else posted that next week they should know what the plans for the FLE are now. I mean geez, next week should be interesting I'll say that!

What suspense!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom