Big Hollywood Studios Rumor

EmperorMilenko

Just curious, has there been any talk of any PP additions? I mean, they're so many widely known movies to work with. It's a shame TSMM is the only thing there

Thrill

Just curious, has there been any talk of any PP additions? I mean, they're so many widely known movies to work with. It's a shame TSMM is the only thing there

Imagineers have been seen around PP lately. Rumor has it that a Monsters Inc. roller coaster is in the works. I also heard about a Ratatoullie restaurant, though I'm not sure if it was just speculation.

Grizzly Hall 71

Because Pixar is in all the parks. MILF in MK, The Seas with Nemo at Epcot, TSMM at Dhs, and Bug's Life at AK and Finding Nemo the musical.

EmperorMilenko

Imagineers have been seen around PP lately. Rumor has it that a Monsters Inc. roller coaster is in the works. I also heard about a Ratatoullie restaurant, though I'm not sure if it was just speculation.

I know of the MI coaster and such. A Ratatoullie restaurant would be fantastic. I love the living characters initiative. It's an awesome idea and the possibilities are endless. Can't wait to see Lumiere and Cogsworth at BOGR.

BrerFrog

Don't forget about a smaller version of Radiator Springs Racer. I think that has been discussed around here.

As I just said yesterday on another thread, at this point I will be glad with anything that replaces the broken and now pointless backlot area.

Grizzly Hall 71

Thrill- http://www.robocoaster.com/content/large-and-theme-park-solutions

That's the list of the KUKAS for theme parks. I'm guessing it's the G2 for Potter bu I couldn't find the one for Sum Of All Thrills so I'm guessing it's gotta be G2 also.

EDIT- It is the G2 but with only 2 seats instead of 4 so if Universal has a contract with KUKA arms how did we get Sum Of All Thrills? I don't see how that's possible because they're advertisig it on their website so you can buy it if you were building a theme park.

2nd edit lol- Its actually the G1 that Epcot has so you were right. My apologizes.

RSoxNo1

NOOOOOOOOOOO THEY CAN'T TAKE AWAY THE BACKLOT TOUR!!!!! NOOOOO it's an original attraction.

Sorry, the Tour is such a pathetic shadow of it's former self that you can't really call it an original except for it's name.

The tour has been on borrowed time for years now. It would be a mercy killing to see it closed. The problem is park capacity, they likely need to add something of the scope of the Monster's Inc Coaster to the attraction lineup before they can close the Backlot Tour

At one point wasn't there talk of an Incredibles ride that was supposed to use the KUKA arms for the ride vehicles?

It seems like this was a Blue Sky idea at best.

Lee

Adventurer
The Incredibles concept is long dead.

Uni has exclusive rights to the use of the Kuka arm as a track-mounted vehicle, used as part of a ride system.
It doesn't prevent the use of a stationary arm as a ride, such as Sum of All Thrills or the ones at Legoland.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I want disney to stop focusing on everything else (except fantasyland) and fix up freaking Epcot! They made some good changes that didn't really need to be made there like the italian resteraunt and mexican resteraunt. But I was thinking that they could fix up Future World. You got Wonders of Life to make straight, as well as re-making a new dark ride for Imagination, and is it just me or is Test Track going down? :lookaroun Also Spaceship Earth is a little lame too. The Land has to do something with The Circle of Life and I'm afraid that if I use my opinion on Mission: Space, it'll cause a huge argument over the thread so I won't go there. Universe of Energy is ready for a major update as well. But Future World needs to be fixed! The only things up to date there are Soarin', The Seas, Innoventions, and the shops & resteraunts.

BrerFrog

Uni has exclusive rights to the use of the Kuka arm as a track-mounted vehicle, used as part of a ride system.
It doesn't prevent the use of a stationary arm as a ride.

For how long do they have the exclusive rights to that? I think someone mentioned the time on another thread, but I forgot it. :D

Grizzly Hall 71

It doesn't prevent the use of a stationary arm as a ride, such as Sum of All Thrills or the ones at Legoland.

Thanks for the clarification. Well why are the advertising for it? They make it seem it like it's available for all theme parks.

Grizzly Hall 71

I want disney to stop focusing on everything else (except fantasyland) and fix up freaking Epcot! They made some good changes that didn't really need to be made there like the italian resteraunt and mexican resteraunt. But I was thinking that they could fix up Future World. You got Wonders of Life to make straight, as well as re-making a new dark ride for Imagination, and is it just me or is Test Track going down? :lookaroun Also Spaceship Earth is a little lame too. The Land has to do something with The Circle of Life and I'm afraid that if I use my opinion on Mission: Space, it'll cause a huge argument over the thread so I won't go there. Universe of Energy is ready for a major update as well. But Future World needs to be fixed! The only things up to date there are Soarin', The Seas, Innoventions, and the shops & resteraunts.

I'm going to agree and disagree here.

Epcot needs a thrill ride. All parks need 1. Test Tack and Mission: Space are those rides. As much as one might hate it, it was needed.

Also The Land is fine, Circle of Life is still good. The characters are still appealing. I dislike what they did what the Seas but it hasn't lost all of educational touch. Everything is still there it's just that darn fish. UOE, well, well, it's funny?

s8film40

There have been plans in the past to expand the park and use space on the other side of world drive, this has even made its way onto many of the land use plans.

Thrill

For how long do they have the exclusive rights to that? I think someone mentioned the time on another thread, but I forgot it. :D

I believe it expires in 2017. Not too far off when you consider that it would take two to three years or so to build something like the Incredibles coaster, even more when you have resources focused on major expansion like Fantasyland's, and supposedly Frontierland in the coming months.

Thrill

I'm going to agree and disagree here.

Epcot needs a thrill ride. All parks need 1. Test Tack and Mission: Space are those rides. As much as one might hate it, it was needed.

Also The Land is fine, Circle of Life is still good. The characters are still appealing. I dislike what they did what the Seas but it hasn't lost all of educational touch. Everything is still there it's just that darn fish. UOE, well, well, it's funny?

Epcot, in my opinion, doesn't need a thrill ride unless it's in the form of an updated Body Wars. Future World has little space, and I don't really want to see too much of it go for rides that offer little in terms of educational value. It does need a lot of help on the Future World end. I would love to see a small refurb to The Living Seas that brings back the old preshow, just to get some educational value back into the attraction. Test Track could benefit from some refurbishment, as it's not uncommon to see that break down. Wonders of Life needs a complete overhaul. Spaceship Earth needs a complete descent. As for Energy, it could definitely use a total overhaul. If a big thrill ride is going to be built in Epcot, here's the place to do it. I could see a thrill ride about energy having some educational value.

jt04

I believe it expires in 2017. Not too far off when you consider that it would take two to three years or so to build something like the Incredibles coaster, even more when you have resources focused on major expansion like Fantasyland's, and supposedly Frontierland in the coming months.

A kuka style roller coaster isn't Disney's style. I just don't see them even wanting to build one. Besides there are too many other concepts than to copy Uni.

jt04

There have been plans in the past to expand the park and use space on the other side of world drive, this has even made its way onto many of the land use plans.

Seems to me if they put all of the logistical stuff over there, ot at least as much as possible, there would be more than enough space to expand. That is if the BLT goes too.

mickey2008.1

sum of al thrills is cool, but it still cant match a real coaster like SM or RNR. Maybe a 3D coaster would be new technology, but not a 3D computer screen. any rumor s a good rumor. look at FLE, everyone thought it was getting all this M&G, now its completely up in the air except for LM and a restaurant. long live the rumor and imagination and down with the pesimists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom