Are you a WDW Honeymooner????

Soaringirl

Honeymoon November 21 -30 1992 Yacht Club.
Went back for all anniversaries thru 2001.
2005 started going yearly in Sept. for daughters Bday.
Celebrating #18 this year in Nov. at POFQ.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
October 1996, we stayed at the Polynesian. Wonderful and romantic place to hooneymoon back then.

We go every year now in October to celebrate our annaversary. No place like our WDW home!

Mammymouse

After 5 disasterous days honeymoon in Vermont our daughter and son-in-law then Disneymooned in October of 1999, staying at the cabins of Fort Wilderness, and we joined them there also. What a great time we all had! It was the first of many trips over the years together, and now we have a 6 year old granddaughter to spoil at Disney! :sohappy:

lebeau

September 2003. AKL. Haven't been back to a deluxe since then!

My wife was a big Mickey Mouse fan who had never been. I'd been on a couple of "day trips" as a kid, but was not a fan. I took her becuase I thought she'd love it. She thought it was okay, but I was hooked.

We've since been back 3 times with the kids. Our oldest is 5 and has been 3 times. Our youngest is 18 months and has been 1.5 times (my wife was pregnant on the second trip).

GTIDMB

My wife and I honeymooned at Polynesian in July 06. We actually did the Land/Sea Disney Cruise and had a great time. We came back to WDW after the cruise for 2 extra days and stayed at Coronado Springs. And we have been back to WDW every year since for our anniversary. We'll be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas this coming summer for our 5 year anniversary. Time flies when you're having fun!

Yes, and we are approaching our 20th anniversary. Waaaay back in April 1991, we spent our short honeymoon at WDW. We were longtime Disney fans, but had never gone together. We flew to Orlando from scenic New Jersey and spent four fabulous nights at the Grand Floridian. It was magical!

slappy magoo

Slappette and I wed in October of 2006. we took 3 "honeymoon" trips in our first year of wedded bliss. First, right after the wedding, we spent a few nights in Cape May, NJ. Slappette is a teacher and didn't want to miss too many days of work, even for our honeymoon. That December, exchanging some DVC points, we stayed at a B&B in San Francisco for 5 nights during Xmas Break. The following August was the big WDW leg of the honeymoon, 7 nights in a studio at Wilderness Lodge, followed by 3 nights in a 1BR at Boardwalk. Both were resorts I always wanted to stay, and couldn't choose, so I split it up.

Ghall

Our first ever trip to Disneyworld was our Honeymoon in October 1988, back then it was a long trip from Ireland to Florida with no direct flights. Now we make the trip with our kids.

I'm getting married October 1 (same birthday as WDW!), and after a week in the Caribbean we're planning on sepnding a week at WDW. Last year wespent one night at POP, then the rest of the week at WL.

Our week at WDW will also be with family, about 12 people in all including my 5 year old nephew who will be making his first trip.

My fiancee and I would like to spend a few days alone before the insanity starts. I've been looking at pretty much every resort, but it's kinda tough to plan out for so many people. Any ideas?

mickeysshoes

did not honeymoon...But celebrated 18 years last year at the POFQ and will be at the WL to celebrate 19 in 23 days!!! and hoping to be back next year to do something specail for the BIG 20th!!!

Well just wanted to report I got my wish!!! Going to the Boardwalk Inn and on the Dream for our 20th!!! Only 182 more days to wait!!! Boy we have some really lucky kids (good ones also!!!) :D :sohappy:

baymenxpac

my fiancee and i will be honeymooning at WDW. we got engaged on our first trip there together last may. we'll be staying at old key west the first 6 nights, then bay lake tower the final 4.

just booked all of our dining a few weeks ago at the 180 day window. can not WAIT to get down there :)

pumpkin7

we had our honeymoon there in august 2010. it was awesome because we had the 'just married' badges from the celebrate today theme. we had lots of 'congratulations' and a few fast passes 'free'... didn't have to queue for splash mountain (although when we got to the boats, the cm didn't believe we'd been sent by another cm, and said our badges didn't count... meh, still let us on though).
we also had the 3 piece band who play in adventureland play me the bridal march. aha.
we had an awesome time. 14 days in disney; you couldn't get any better than that :D

quirkle

November 9, 1996; 14 days - Carribean Beach!! My husband's second time in his whole life (8 for me at the time!!) He ticked me off in EPCOT and was making me late for a parade at MK - I left him in Innoventions and took the monorail by myself and watched the parade!! He has learned to keep up!! Ive triped my count by now!!

Philo

April 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge & Wilderness Lodge

Never gonna forget how great Disney was as a honeymoon spot.

sbkline

We honeymooned in Kissimmee in from April 14-24 2003, of which 4 of our days were WDW days. Other stops included Sea World, Bush Gardens, Kennedy Space Center, the beach a couple times, and GatorLand. Not sure if that counts or not, since it wasn't exclusively a WDW honeymoon. But we did almost the exact same trip over again the next year at the same off property lodging, but every trip since has been more Disney than anything else, including us staying on WDW property starting in 2007 and each trip since.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom