Are you a WDW Honeymooner????

lurvjessica

I am getting married this July and we are going to Disney World in September for the Honeymoon! WOOO! So excited! I haven't been to the World since 2007 and have been dying to go, so I'm so thankful that my fiance is willing to take me! This will also be his first time there. He is not interested lol but I know he'll have a great time! This is going to be a fun vacation/honeymoon before he deploys a few months later! :sohappy:

Todd L

May 93..we stayed out on international Drive . we were broke from the expense of the wedding. My parents were generous enough to buy us round trip airfare to orlando as a wedding gift.

It was my wifes first trip to Orlando and we Hit everything..Wdw, universal, sea World, Dinner Shows (king Arthurs..which we loved and still talk about) We slept late and stayed up to the wee hours.

When I think about it now, Wdw was a much different place. We showed up with No adr's, No park passes and No idea what we were doing and had a great Time. Never got turned away from a Resturant and the crowds were non-existent.

In comparasion to what I do for our trips these days its night and day.

Im making adr's at the 180 day mark, Calling Dvc twice a week, planning our days 6 months in advance...Wish it was a little more laid back.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
May 93..we stayed out on international Drive . we were broke from the expense of the wedding. My parents were generous enough to buy us round trip airfare to orlando as a wedding gift.

It was my wifes first trip to Orlando and we Hit everything..Wdw, universal, sea World, Dinner Shows (king Arthurs..which we loved and still talk about) We slept late and stayed up to the wee hours.

When I think about it now, Wdw was a much different place. We showed up with No adr's, No park passes and No idea what we were doing and had a great Time. Never got turned away from a Resturant and the crowds were non-existent.

In comparasion to what I do for our trips these days its night and day.

Im making adr's at the 180 day mark, Calling Dvc twice a week, planning our days 6 months in advance...Wish it was a little more laid back.

I've got similar memories from our "9th anniversary" trip in 1995, particularly the walk-up dining! Those were the days.

MadMax11

Got engaged at King Stefan's with the help of Cinderella and a glass slipper that held the ring in 96...

stayed at a jr. suite at WL for honeymoon in summer of 97.

ddbowdoin

I am happy to report... that we are likely honeymooning at the world next summer! We looked at the usual stuff, beach resorts in the islands, Ireland... but at the end of the day we knew it would be a LOT of cash for something we only half enjoy... so the world it is! We'll likely resort hop to save some cash, a few nights in Poly, maybe GF and likely the remainder of the stay at the Beach Club. We're looking at 10 plus days, I am scared to think how much this will cost me.

STS@WDW

My fiance and I will be Honeymooning at SSR Aug 14-21. My parents are DVC owners and that was their gift to us.

As sort of a little added magic, both of our parents spent their honeymoons at WDW and we will try to recreate some of the photos they took on their trips.

dixiegirl

Yes , went to Disney for our Honeymoon in 96, stayed at Dixie Landings now POR (which it will always be that to us, LOL) And went back every year since! Such a great place to spend the start of your newly married lives together!

geebee721

Will be honeymooning this November is Disney :) November 9-13 on the Disney Dream, then November 13-18 staying at BWV :sohappy:

BrittanyRose428

We'll be honeymooning in 2014 (after our verrryyyy long engagement-- I'm still finishing school before we get married) and we're hoping to stay at the Polynesian.

disneyrcks

We Honeymooned in Disney World July 2001. We stayed at the Yacht Club and the Polynesian. 10 years ago this week!

If you are interested in the photos and trip report, here is a link. http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/news/trip-reports/119-steve-and-taras-honeymoon

Happy Anniversary! :wave:

We got engaged at Disney in Aug 2009 (first trip as DVC so we were at SSR). We honeymooned in Aug 2010 at Poly which was a dream come true. I had been wanting to stay there since my first trip in 1987 (i was a kid and we stayed at Contemporary). For our second week of the honeymoon we stayed at Kidani but we really did not like it (for us and what we were looking for) so we switched and stayed at the Beach Club! The whole experience was amazing! The CM at the Poly tried to upgrade us (unfortunatley there was nothing available but so nice that he tried)...we wore buttons and had many nice treats along the way through the parks. It was an absolute blast! I want to do it again lol!!!

disneyrcks

To all the future honeymooners:

Congratulations! You will have a blast on your honeymoon. Make sure you were ur buttons because the CM's will give you a great experience! We got free CS foods (corn dog, popcorn, apple dessert) and a VIP spot to view Illuminations, a quick table at 'Ohana without a reservation. They really do aim to please, it was so awesome!

BigRedDad

We honeymooned in November 2001.

First off, before we went, it was hectic to say the least. 9/11 caused all types of problems at every aspect of the trip. Delta wanted to move our flight 2 days later. I argued that I purchased our flights 10 months in advance, it was our honeymoon, and we could not move the dates. Delta finally got us on the first flight out the next morning, put us up in a local hotel who upgraded us to the Honeymoon suite, and gave us 1st class going down.

Second, WDW screwed up. We upgraded from a moderate to the Contemporary. I called the week before to make sure they knew it was our Honeymoon. Well, they lost our reservation, acknowledged we had paid in full, and there was nothing left at CR. With everything going on, I talked to a Supervisor and told them they have an issue to fix and not call me until they did. He was very apologetic and understanding because I had enough going on with the wedding. He called and told us her got us into the AKL (only deluxe with rooms left over Thanksgiving week). Reluctantly, I accepted. We arrive, the Supervisor was at AKL from the CR only to meet with us. He (forgot his name) and the AKL Supervisor met us and apologized for the situation. They moved us into a 2nd floor Arusha Rock Savannah view honeymoon suite. We were simply amazed and very gracious for their efforts. They gave us a number to call if we ever needed or wanted anything.

Upgrades received:
1. Free dinner for 2 at Boma. We were having a drink in the lounge, the bartender asked if we were hungry. A few minutes later a CM from Boma came up and told us our dinner was free and she would take us to our seats.

2. Free breakfast in AK at Donald's Breakfastsaurus. We were told that opened at 8AM, hopped on the bus at about 7:30AM, and were at the entrance at about 7:45AM. A CM asked what we were doing there so early. We talked for a bit and she saw our Bride/Groom pins. She came back a few minutes later and told us we now have breakfast reservations and walked us back. She said Donald wanted us to join him as a wedding gift. It was the 2 of us and may 3 other families at most. Donald, Goofy, and others literally played with all of us there for an hour.

3. Wife got on stage at Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. Well, right from the start, she chose not to listen to me and did not do well. She almost got to the second tier where you are guaranteed. No big deal, the experience was great.

4. We got snacks, drinks, etc. often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom