Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

abbeysmom

UGH......... I blame clothing makers for even making clothes like that for larger women and I am/was one of them. I have since lost alot of weight but still I would never wear anything like that. :shrug: Makes me shudder just to think about it....

Senderella

UGH......... I blame clothing makers for even making clothes like that for larger women and I am/was one of them. I have since lost alot of weight but still I would never wear anything like that. :shrug: Makes me shudder just to think about it....

LOL Well you were raised right. My problem with what she was wearing wasn't the particular articles of clothing, it was how and where she was wearing them. I'm a heavy person too and I do wear tank tops... the difference is, I wear them with a bra in the privacy of my own home (usually just to bed or around the house) and if anyone happens to show up - like friends - I'll either change or throw on a hoodie to keep from grossing anyone out. And the woman's shorty shorts... they were cut offs from jeans. LOL I refuse to wear shorts but that's because I have a self depricating sense of decency ("Eww!! Nobody wants to see my thighs in shorts!! are you crazy?").

I'll agree with you on a lot of clothing items. WHY make them in big sizes when they really shouldn't be worn by larger people, but with a lot of clothes that are otherwise ok, you can make them look trashy if you really wanted to (ie- cutting a pair of jeans into butt cheek showing shorts). Not only should Disney have a security bag check, lol they should have a fashion police. :rolleyes:

I also can't believe when I see women tottering around in super high heels around the parks. I LOVE heels, don't get me wrong. My choice foot wear is either barefoot, crocs or heels. That's it. No 2 ways about it. I cringe when I see these women in any sort of heels, particularly 3+inch heels. My feet are killing me after a day in the parks wearing crocs or sneakers so I can't imagine what these women are thinking!! :eek:

BRER DAD

Was at a mens room and a women (term used loosly), stood next to me in the urinal. "She" even said hello to me! LOL, made for an interesting dinner conversation.

Vernonpush

Was at a mens room and a women (term used loosly), stood next to me in the urinal. "She" even said hello to me! LOL, made for an interesting dinner conversation.

^^Brer Dad - You win :eek:!

KMJGL380101X2AUG_TH.JPG

That one deserves a trophy!:lol:

BRER DAD

Thank you, Thank you, you are to kind!! The best part was my father was in the mens room too and he just stared and didnt say much. It really was priceless!!

kstella

Well, I am NOT proud of this but it was kind of funny...both times.

First, a few years ago we took our only 2 kids then to Disneyland for the first time. While waiting in the holding area for The Enchanted Tiki Room, our 4-year-old was admiring the tiki statues and fountains. Well, there was this one that he apparently thought looked like it was peeing, so he joined along and peed in the fountain. It was pretty embarrassing but we told a castmember just so they knew. At least there wasn't a puddle on the floor, he'd gone in the water.

Now only a year ago and our middle son is 4. We're waiting outside the Land pavillion at EPCOT for DH and oldest DS to get off Soarin' and DS decides HE has to potty #1 and whips it out in a bush, right in the middle of the walkway where they have a landscaped partition. He was already peeing before I could stop him! I know it sounds bad, but I sort of just acted like I didn't know he was doing it and busied myself with our baby. Not like I could do anything about it!

I'm afraid to take our youngest baby boy, who knows where he'll end up peeing!!:p

Sounds like you need to stop having boys and start having girls. Girls can't just whip it out and go wherever!:lol:

WildLodgeFan

You and me both. I am a large woman and would never wear something like that and have never in my mind understand why they would make them. It's just not attractive at all!

Senderella

You and me both. I am a large woman and would never wear something like that and have never in my mind understand why they would make them. It's just not attractive at all!

I know a few people like this. They wear clothes that are like sausage casings and have no idea how big they really are. Like I said before, I'm heavy, so I just don't understand this. How can you not know how bad that looks on you? :shrug: If you must insist on wearing that too small tshirt from your college days, at least wear it to bed or around the house!! I don't care to see my own fat rolls let alone someone else's.

PotteryGal

I know a few people like this. They wear clothes that are like sausage casings and have no idea how big they really are. Like I said before, I'm heavy, so I just don't understand this. How can you not know how bad that looks on you? :shrug: If you must insist on wearing that too small tshirt from your college days, at least wear it to bed or around the house!! I don't care to see my own fat rolls let alone someone else's.

On the other hand I don't care to be wearing something that looks like a circus tent either...there has to be some kind of middle ground for us pooh-sized ladies. :lol:

I fortunately didn't see too much that made my jaw drop in June....the only thing that stands out was being in the MK as it was opening up (we had breakfast at CP early) and seeing a father so anxious to get into the park early he didn't notice at first his daughter had stumbled and he was dragging her for a few steps. :rolleyes: Gotta be first in line for Dumbo, don't ya know!

julsie

this isnt a really shocking thing that happened just makes you go 'hmmm' then go away and giggle...anyway... i was Epcot at i think it was denmark in worldshow case. and there was this display with like viking stuff, there was just me and this other family wandering round looking at the displays. the wife was really intently looking at this viking arftifacts and she kept leaning forwards to get a closer look and then suddenly wham she banged her head off the glass, she turned to me and said ' didnt realise there was glass there' i am like 'huh'... soon as i got out i had to sit on the nearest bench and have a good laugh!! bet i looked a right numpty sitting there laughing for no apparent reason..but it was a classic moment

Senderella

this isnt a really shocking thing that happened just makes you go 'hmmm' then go away and giggle...anyway... i was Epcot at i think it was denmark in worldshow case. and there was this display with like viking stuff, there was just me and this other family wandering round looking at the displays. the wife was really intently looking at this viking arftifacts and she kept leaning forwards to get a closer look and then suddenly wham she banged her head off the glass, she turned to me and said ' didnt realise there was glass there' i am like 'huh'... soon as i got out i had to sit on the nearest bench and have a good laugh!! bet i looked a right numpty sitting there laughing for no apparent reason..but it was a classic moment

:lol: I did that in drivers ed but in my defense, we did have our windows open at one point. I didn't realize when the windows got closed.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
sadly yes, I did once see someone who didnt fit my ideal of what is classed as being attractive. What are these people thinking, if they are going to go to places like WDW, couldnt they at least leave their visits till its dark, or ware a veil or hood. Just no consideration of others.

and another thing, I ve seen people who are all above size 0 or M and they were eating fast food, have they no respect for their bodies?

But worse of all I once saw someone with a Universal t shirt :brick:

Senderella

sadly yes, I did once see someone who didnt fit my ideal of what is classed as being attractive. What are these people thinking, if they are going to go to places like WDW, couldnt they at least leave their visits till its dark, or ware a veil or hood. Just no consideration of others.

and another thing, I ve seen people who are all above size 0 or M and they were eating fast food, have they no respect for their bodies?

That's not what I'm saying. I stated in my posts I'm far from size 0 or M and to criticize someone for eating fast food would make me a hypocrite. I like the fast food.

What I was saying is people of all sizes, even the very large, can look good it's just a matter of dressing "appropriately". And by appropriately, I mean in well fitting clothes and proper support garments. Let's use the lady I talked about in Epcot: tank top w/ no bra and cut offs that show way more than should be allowed in any situation other than housework or gardening. Wear your tank top with a bra and wear some normal walking shorts. Just because I refuse to wear a tank top in public because I hate my arms doesn't mean I expect everyone else to do the same.

If a girl who's a tiny little thing is wearing tight jeans and a short shirt but she's obviously squeezing into too tight jeans that are giving her a muffin top, I'd think the same thing. Wear something that fits you properly that makes you look good.

All people big and small can look good in my opinion if they tried even if they're on a small budget, heavy or anything else.

yankspy

Were you looking in a mirror?:D:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom