Did I Really Just See That.....in Disney World?????

brb1006

Back maybe in 2008 we were visiting the magic kingdom, waiting to take pictures next to the Walt and Mickey statue out front of the castle.
While standing around waiting our turn a young kid (probably 6 or 7 years old) came walking up to the fence that was around the statue. He looked to his left and right to see if anyone was looking, and proceeded to pee over the railing and into the grass around the Walt and Mickey statue.
My whole family was in tears laughing and wondering where this kids parents were. After he was done, he zipped up his pants and walked away with a smile of relief. It was one of the funniest things we had ever seen in Disney.
I... no comment

BaconPancakes

My family and I went to the Top of the World last summer to have some appetizers and drinks while waiting for the Independence Day fireworks that run on July 3. We went a bit early, so it wasn't too crowded. I watched in amazement as a family sat down at a table with pizzas from a local pizza shop, 2-liter bottles of soda from Hess, and another large bag. EVERYONE was staring at them. A waiter went over, but while they didn't order anything, they expected him to bring water, cups, and napkins.

I later asked the waiter about the situation. He said no one is allowed to bring food into TOTW or even order from the Contemporary's dine-in menu, but CMs were not allowed to stop people who brought in food. He was in a bad position because another family wanted to order pizza from dine-in, but he told them they couldn't. At least they were nice about it.

To top it all off, after they finished eating, they took their bags and went to the observation deck to get ready for the fireworks. Once again, I watched them in amazement. They pulled a six-seat sports bench out of the bag and set it up, taking up a good chunk of real estate on the deck, plus set up the camera and tripod. No one knew if they were even staying at Bay Lake Tower, since sometimes there are ways to sneak in. I just had to take a picture of it, but I blocked out the one face so they can't be identified.

View attachment 102731
They look they all stepped off the reality show "Honey Boo Boo." Trailer trash...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My family and I went to the Top of the World last summer to have some appetizers and drinks while waiting for the Independence Day fireworks that run on July 3. We went a bit early, so it wasn't too crowded. I watched in amazement as a family sat down at a table with pizzas from a local pizza shop, 2-liter bottles of soda from Hess, and another large bag. EVERYONE was staring at them. A waiter went over, but while they didn't order anything, they expected him to bring water, cups, and napkins.

I later asked the waiter about the situation. He said no one is allowed to bring food into TOTW or even order from the Contemporary's dine-in menu, but CMs were not allowed to stop people who brought in food. He was in a bad position because another family wanted to order pizza from dine-in, but he told them they couldn't. At least they were nice about it.

To top it all off, after they finished eating, they took their bags and went to the observation deck to get ready for the fireworks. Once again, I watched them in amazement. They pulled a six-seat sports bench out of the bag and set it up, taking up a good chunk of real estate on the deck, plus set up the camera and tripod. No one knew if they were even staying at Bay Lake Tower, since sometimes there are ways to sneak in. I just had to take a picture of it, but I blocked out the one face so they can't be identified.

View attachment 102731

That sounds like a super classy family...:confused:

note2001

View attachment 102731

Similar to this, that same evening I took the "long way" boat from VWL to the MK, and as it stopped at the campground we saw a similar family bogged down with chairs and supplies going a different direction: I assume they were headed to the Poly. I doubt this was the same group you saw as their chairs were separate, and to get up to TOTWL both that evening and the 4th, there had to be at least one person in the group staying at BLT on points.

note2001

In Epcot on July 7th, we were walking into the China pavilion, there was a momma duck trying to dart around feet with her only duckling. Made me sad as I feared the other ducklings had all been injured by unaware feet. The upset momma finally dodged off to the off to the lilly pond on the right as you face the pavilion. We paused to look at the water lilies on the left and my daughter pointed out a huge bullfrog floating on the surface right below us. Didn't bother me, but bothered her. We walked about a bit deciding if we wanted to head indoors, but decided to go to the other pond area. My daughter pointed out the momma duck and her duckling down in the other corner, near where they had gone in with an "Oh! Cute!" No sooner had she said that then the momma got very, very upset and was frantically searching the waters for her duckling. It never did reappear. (heartbreak)

I now hate the China pavilion, and detest bullfrogs.

TheScreed

In Epcot on July 7th, we were walking into the China pavilion, there was a momma duck trying to dart around feet with her only duckling. Made me sad as I feared the other ducklings had all been injured by unaware feet. The upset momma finally dodged off to the off to the lilly pond on the right as you face the pavilion. We paused to look at the water lilies on the left and my daughter pointed out a huge bullfrog floating on the surface right below us. Didn't bother me, but bothered her. We walked about a bit deciding if we wanted to head indoors, but decided to go to the other pond area. My daughter pointed out the momma duck and her duckling down in the other corner, near where they had gone in with an "Oh! Cute!" No sooner had she said that then the momma got very, very upset and was frantically searching the waters for her duckling. It never did reappear. (heartbreak)

I now hate the China pavilion, and detest bullfrogs.

Epcot may not be all that educational when it comes to world cultures, but at least kids can learn about "Nature, red in tooth and claw."

kbmum

sum the whole thread in a single sentence.
Most of the issues were guests not following the rules and Disney being too lenient (aka being too weak to handle dumb complains)

During that same trip, my family ate at Pecos Bill's. My son wanted a turkey leg, so he brought that with him while the rest of us ordered from the restaurant. As we walked in the seating area, a CM stopped us and told my son he couldn't sit there because he didn't buy his food from Pecos Bill's. I told her my son was with us and had purchased a drink. When she saw that five of the six in our party had food purchased there, she let us through. Yet, TOTW CMs can't prevent people from bringing in outside food? It's mind-boggling.

Ulysses McGill

View attachment 102731

Wow... maybe they are DVC members? That's one way to get to the top of BLT. I've been up there before, but only because that's a perk of DVC membership. That said, wow... that's pretty tactless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom