Worst attraction in WDW property?

Magenta Panther

1. Stitch's Great Escape. A beautifully designed disaster of a show. What a downer, and what a shame.

2. The Chester/Hester mess in AK. Who thought THAT up?

3. The Tiki Room. Holy god. One of the worst-written shows for a theme park attraction I've ever seen. And that horrible Iago AA. It doesn't look like him. It doesn't even look like a bird!

4. The Narnia thing. The best thing is the wardrobe door, and then, when it opens, a glimpse into a snowy forest. COOOL. But the show after that is a letdown. Another lost opportunity...sigh.

5. Snow White's Scary Adventure. TOO kiddie.

6. The Nemo ride at Epcot. Not for a moment do you believe you're underwater. It's all just projections on scrim. Another bargain-basement ride from the wonderful folks who brought you the similarly lame Pooh ride.

7. Festival of the Lion King. I was very underwhelmed. The dancers are great, but that's it. Kinda boring. ANOTHER lost opportunity :brick:

8. The Nemo stage show. Now, there are some nice effects. But again, not the greatest. I've seen stronger shows at other, lesser theme parks. I suppose I expected too much; a CM told me prior to my first viewing that the show was Broadway-quality. NOT.

9. The Beauty and the Beast stage show. Not exactly what you'd call a spectacle, plus, when I saw it, the costumes looked very worn.

10. Dinosaur at AK. I had high hopes for this. But the storyline was weak and the AAs unimpressive. Sigh again.

11. BROKEN YETI. Enough said.

_Scar

AAs unimpressive at Dinosaur? They're some of the most advances animatronics ever. : o

Anyways, my number 1 and only is

TIKI ROOM: UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT

DisneyPrincess5

Ugh I HATE Primevil Whirl!!! We figured we'd try it for the hell of it while waiting for a Fastpass time for Dinosaur last January. The estimated wait time was 20 minutes and we waited for AN HOUR in a line that barely moved-not to mention it was freezing cold. The load system was horrible as well. By the time we got on it I was ticked and then it made me nauseous. It whips around too much and so like a carvival ride and it's so "not Disney" to me.

Spike-in-Berlin

Well number one in the MK clearly is....no not Stitch although it's awful, the Tiki Room under the "new management". I ADORED the original Tiki Room because I grew on Tiki Culture more and more during the last 20 years or so and then in 2007 when I saw the abomination the "new management" made out of it I was shattered. I cannot say how much I hate this spoiling of Walt's favorite attraction that even makes fun (in a mean way) of the original attraction. I complained to the CM after the show and she was every single bit sharing my opinion. I even went to guest relations to complain. Next week however I will visit it a last time to take pictures and videotape the of the preshow, the waiting zone and the interior. But I will leave after the show starts. I want the original Tiki Room back, in DL they did a major refurb WITHOUT altering and ruining the show and it's a major success. Roast the "new management" and give us back the warmhearted original!

Second comes in Stitch, which I hate for being the replacement of Alien Encounter which I never had the chance to see but I am a big fan of the first 2 movies. And the show is annoying of course.

Third comes in Indy Speedway. I never did it, even as a kid I found it looking extremely boring, its outdated, nothing special, low on theming, polluting and loud and consumes an enormous space in TL that could be used much more wisely.

Fourth the Country Bear Jamboree. I did it only once and found it extremely boring, perhaps you have to be an American to enjoy it.

Fifth, the Aladdin Flying Carpets. Completely misplaced, bad location decision, spoils ALs main plaza theming which is South Seas on one side and african colonial on the other and this tiny little Arabian Aggrabah-section doesn't fit in at all and is absolute overkill to the place, the worst theming ever done by WDI, one of the mistakes Walts original imagineers never would have done, I actually have to confess I don't understand what they were thinking when they did it. Were they ordered to do this against their own opinion by some managers? It's terrible! Plus it leads to a lot of congestion around the area. Baddest addition in parks history EVER.

Wilt Dasney

None of you have listed the correct answer, although the Chester & Hester's responses are close...just not specific enough.

Primeval Whirl is an absolute piece of crap IMO. It fails on every imaginable level. Visually it's an eyesore. As a ride, it's not only not fun, but by throwing you around it actually incites physical pain...the opposite of an enjoyable experience! Narratively and thematically, it brings nothing of interest to the table.

With all due respect, I have to conclude that all the kvetching about Stitch is a good example of groupthink. Divorced from the history of the building, nothing about SGE taken on its own terms approaches the odiousness of PW.

DisneyPrincess5

None of you have listed the correct answer, although the Chester & Hester's responses are close...just not specific enough.

Primeval Whirl is an absolute piece of crap IMO. It fails on every imaginable level. Visually it's an eyesore. As a ride, it's not only not fun, but by throwing you around it actually incites physical pain...the opposite of an enjoyable experience! Narratively and thematically, it brings nothing of interest to the table.

With all due respect, I have to conclude that all the kvetching about Stitch is a good example of groupthink. Divorced from the history of the building, nothing about SGE taken on its own terms approaches the odiousness of PW.

Omg duh that's what I meant-I edited my answer. I've never ever ridden Triceratop Spin. I guess that's what happens when try to answer questions at 4 in the morning:veryconfu

Whats with the hatred of Stitch? hes not that bad and the attraction is alright. Anyway my least favorite would have to be Sounds Dangerous as it is a little outdated and is not very interesting at all. it seems like a waste of space to me.

Spike-in-Berlin

Now my "favorites" for the other parks:

EPCOT: Nothing I really hate like the spoiled Tiki Room in the MK and these stupid carpets, but JII is really boring to the bone and it also looks incredible cheap. And I know that a lot of guests wanted him back but I find Figment only plain annoying. JII is the low point of Future World.

Finding Nemo is also quite cheap looking (and was cheap) but it has at least some moments like the anglerfish (if it works) so I wouldn't consider it a failure. There is not a lot in WS that you can despise because attractions are rare anyway and at the moment there is nothing that I really dislike.

DHS:
Lights, motors, action! Boring beyond belief, 90 percent of the show are loud cars driving around in circles or some CMs talking, the real action of the show can be compacted into a 30 second video.

American Idol comes from the vaults (just like the Power Rangers) and belongs back there.

The Backlot studio tour is also not exactly thrilling but not annoying either.

DAK:
The entire Hesters and Chesters Dinorama area. I hate every single bit of it. Cheap looking and no atmosphere. Totally un-disney. Tear it down, raze it to the ground asap, it clearly is a cheap fillup.

Dinosaur which is considered an E-ticket is a major disappointment. The entire ride is far too dark, not really good elaborated (the final asteroid impact is an anticlimax if there is one) and if you take into consideration, that this is what they gave us instead of the EMV Indiana Jones Adventure from DL and TDS you even begin to hate it.

The "Wildlife express train" to Rafikis planet watch is perhaps the most boring ride in any Disney park. Absolutely NOTHING interesting to see on the entire track only some boring animal facilities. NO landscaping worth to mention, no theming, no AAs, nothing that makes you want to take this train. It makes the WDW-Railroad at the MK look like an E-Ticket. And as you have to take it to get to the also less than thrilling Planet Watch and Conservation station there is a good chance that I won't visit this section of the park during my entire 10-day stay even once.

Dads 2 Boys

Sound Dangerous.......period!

IMO, while AE was awesome (and still the scariest ride/attraction I've ever been on), SGE is still fun and has good queue music. My oldest son loves it and the smile it puts on his face probably makes it better for me so perhaps I'm jaded (in a good way).

Matt and Kelly

Maelstrom gets my vote here. By the sounds of things, Stitch would probably occupy top spot for me, but after reading all the negative comments about the ride before heading to WDW, I made sure to stay far away from that one.

Perhaps next trip I'll try it out once just to see what all the fuss is about.

French Quarter

It seems to me that some people are naming attractions as the "worst" simply because they don't suit their tastes. Like Finding Nemo: The Musical, for instance. How could anyone really name that as being bad? I can understand not enjoying it for a variety of reasons but calling it a bad attraction? And Dinosaur? Really? I love Dinosaur. And Rafiki's Planet Watch, what about that makes it bad? It's supposed to be a petting zoo, observation area and meet 'n greet. What about that does Disney do poorly? It's one of our favourite areas. It's like me saying that the Hall of Presidents is a bad attraction because I don't really enjoy it. It's certainly one of my least favourites but I can recognize that it's a well-done attraction.

I get the criticism for the Tiki Room but I can't help enjoying it. My husband does not. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom