Worst attraction in WDW property?

Lisalyn

Definitely Stitches Great Escape - Narnia pulls a close 2nd. Can't really figure out "why" with Narnia. They could of done so much more with it....

sueuk

Dinorama.

The idea of putting in cheap carnival rides themed as cheap carnival rides just doesn't work, but especially not in Animal Kingdom.

I agree - I know it's supposed to be ironic and retro - but it just looks cheap and out of place :lookaroun

Oriolesmagic

Not too sure why a few people here hate Maelstrom. I find it to be one the most interesting and somehow relaxing rides in EPCOT. (Also, I think it smells good. :lookaroun)

For me, here's my list...

1. Stich's Great Escape- Just plain bores me, nothing more.

2. Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - For such a big area, they could do SO much more.

3. HISTA - Very outdated, let's just hope that whole pavilion will be refurbed.

4. Backlot Tour - Catastrophe Canyon is really the only thing that's worth it about that ride.

5. The Voyage of the Little Mermaid - I haven't seen it in a while but I remember it being much less than stellar.

That's about it for me.

Future Guy

Journey Into Dr. Nigel Channing's Imagination gets my vote. Even average guests, people who call Spaceship Earth "the interactive Epcot ball", actively stay away from it. Hopefully they'll get around to fixing that pavilion sometime after the FLE.

Have any of you been on the Mexico boat ride????!!!

This is simply the worst, uninformative, stupidest, most-annoying, piece of sell-out theme park torture eva. At least parts of Stitch show are still startling if not actually scary.

Honorable mention: Tiki-room

I'm a bit surprised that some have included Barnstormer. This ride is great and includes 3 year-olds that can't ride the big rides. This is Disney not Six Flags.

David S.

Have any of you been on the Mexico boat ride????!!!

This is simply the worst, uninformative, stupidest, most-annoying, piece of sell-out theme park torture eva

Yes, I've been on Gran Fiesta Tour. it's my third FAVORITE Epcot ride behind only Figment and Nemo! (and Maelstrom is 4th!)

And even though El Rio Del Tiempo was also my third favorite Epcot ride when it was there, I like Gran Fiesta a little more. The original was basically only cute and whimsical during the "Small World-esque" room. But now, the current version is cute and whimsical during the ENTIRE RIDE!

Plus, The Three Caballeros is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. It's a fun, colorful, travelogue with wall-to-wall great music!

Wilt Dasney

That's interesting. Because this it at least the third time I've seen allusions to the acronym meaning something "funny" that I am not aware of. Must be an inside joke around here?
Not really an inside joke. But this is a family forum, so I would just advise you to Google the acronym if you want to be "in on it." :lol:

Yes, I've been on Gran Fiesta Tour. it's my third FAVORITE Epcot ride behind only Figment and Nemo!

Plus, The Three Caballeros is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies. It's a fun, colorful, travelogue with wall-to-wall great music!

This new version shames Mexican culture. There is no narration, no Spanish language music, what are you traveloguing through? You don't even know, all you can hear is loud annoying characters.

David S.

Yes, I've been on Gran Fiesta Tour. it's my third FAVORITE Epcot ride behind only Figment and Nemo!

And even though El Rio Del Tiempo was also my third favorite Epcot ride when it was there, I like Gran Fiesta a little more. The original was basically only cute and whimsical during the "Small World-esque" room. But now, the current version is cute and whimsical during the ENTIRE RIDE!

This new version shames Mexican culture. There is no narration, no Spanish language music, what are you traveloguing through? You don't even know, all you can hear is loud annoying characters.

When I said "It's a fun, colorful travelogue with wall-to-wall great music!" I was actually refering to the film, The Three Caballeros, since I had just said it was a favorite. (although in hindsight the statement IMO could apply to the ride as well!) So since I like the film, I like these characters and don't find them annoying!

Since El Rio was my third favorite attraction in original Epcot (behind only Figment and Kitchen Kabaret :) ), I too, was concerned about the changes, and on my first several rides they felt jarring and took a lot of getting used to. Now after several dozens of more rides, I am used to it this way, and looking back objectively at how it was before, I honestly prefer this one. But I am not saying everyone should feel that way!

As far as narration and not knowing what you are traveling through, I honestly don't remember the old version saying "And here are the cliffs of Acapulco" or anything like that.

The one thing I miss the most about the original is that catchy original "Fiestas In Mexico" song (with lyrics like "Ola mes amis/We hate to see you go" - more commonly remembered as the "la la la la la/la la la la la la" sung by the children!)

That version had vocals in the "Small World" room, whereas the current version of the music (the title song from 1945's "The Three Cabelleros") remains instrumental until the finale.

But since I love this song just as much as the original, and LOVE the finale scene better than the original finale scene, it's easier for me to let that original song go.

I was not intending to start an argument about which version is better, so I hope this isn't taken that way! I only responded because when you asked if anyone had been on the new version, it "opened the door" for me to defend something at WDW that I love! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom