Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com

Rayray

So far we've got pavilions involving energy, communication, transportation, imagination, the Earth, the seas, and outer space. Doesn't the body, something that has such a complex structure (the body even has energy, communcation, transportation, and imagination involved in its functions), deserve a pavilion? I think that the real question is if Disney is willing to drastically refurbish WOL. So for any of you that feel that the pavilion is not worthy of existence in Epcot, think about it again.:)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
No pavillion is required for Epcot though. The ideas behind the place can be very strong without any certain part - remember that Wonders was not an original pavilion, in fact it was the last one built.

And about the body - touch/taste/smell/sight are all parts of the imagination pavilion.

speck76

SirGoofy said:
Am I the only one who thinks this may be the begining of something new for Epcot's 25th?

I am not sure why anyone thinks Epcot will do anything new, or even celebrate in some large way, the 25th anniversary of the opening of the park.

DisneyRoxMySox

speck76 said:
I am not sure why anyone thinks Epcot will do anything new, or even celebrate in some large way, the 25th anniversary of the opening of the park.

Maybe because it was one of Walt's last ideas for WDW?

WDW Kip

I don't think I'll miss WoL too much, except for Cranium Command. Although campy and outdated, it really was a fun show for little kids and a funny show for adults with all of the good-natured humor. I loved all of the involvment of SNL cast members.

I was glad that my wife got to see it once in 2002, because it hasn't been open since whenever we've been to Epcot.

SpenceMan01

I agree with Grizz. Give us something soothing and relaxing with all the hustle and bustle of FW. It's right next to M:S and everyone knows about the hordes of people laying in the grass waiting for the rest of their party to ride. Lets give them somewhere to relax rather than just on the grass. Also, I think the idea of a decent Table Service restaurant is a good idea. FW seems to be lacking in this dept.

I will miss Cranium Command. Luckily I was able to catch it on my trip in 2000. I never did see The Making of Me. The rest of the pavillion was 'meh', IMO.

WDW Kip

SpenceMan01 said:
I agree with Grizz. Give us something soothing and relaxing with all the hustle and bustle of FW. It's right next to M:S and everyone knows about the hordes of people laying in the grass waiting for the rest of their party to ride. Lets give them somewhere to relax rather than just on the grass. Also, I think the idea of a decent Table Service restaurant is a good idea. FW seems to be lacking in this dept.

I will miss Cranium Command. Luckily I was able to catch it on my trip in 2000. I never did see The Making of Me. The rest of the pavillion was 'meh', IMO.
I totally agree with you about renovating WoL with a relaxing atmosphere. I think Epcot's kind of lost its focus on educational attractions over the last few years, and has gone more of the thrill ride route. While I love M:S and TT, I do miss the days of the huge animatronic dark ride attractions like WoM and Horizons. Those rides were fun and you learned something new.

I think if WoL was revamped with a really great animatronic attraction, it would bring back some of that original magic that made Epcot Center so fantastic.

I also really like your idea for FW Table Service restaurant. A few would be great. Right now, if you want to spend all or your day at FW, you have to rely on The Land food court, or stuff yourself with stuffed pretzels. Any brainstorms out there as to where a table service place would best fit in?

speck76

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Maybe because it was one of Walt's last ideas for WDW?

well....not really.....and how does that turn into a marketing campaign?

You do realize these 20th, 25th, and 50th were only done for marketing.....not because "the park really appreciates it"

mousermerf

Account Suspended
What on earth are people talking about?

There's plenty of food in future world!

You have the Coral Reef and Garden Grill for sit down, and then for fast-food you have Seasons, FountainView Cafe and Eletric Umbrella as well as a billion little carts from hot dogs to pretzles to turkey legs to frozen coke. They don't have the place in Innoventions West and the Odyssey serving food because when they recently tried for the peak period, no one went inside them.

There are 14 sit-down restaurants in Epcot and even more fast-food places covering neverly every known cuisine to man (with the noteable exception of Thai - which also goes for anywhere on property).

Whiners you be!

SpenceMan01

Benjo221 said:
I totally agree with you about renovating WoL with a relaxing atmosphere. I think Epcot's kind of lost its focus on educational attractions over the last few years, and has gone more of the thrill ride route. While I love M:S and TT, I do miss the days of the huge animatronic dark ride attractions like WoM and Horizons. Those rides were fun and you learned something new.

I think if WoL was revamped with a really great animatronic attraction, it would bring back some of that original magic that made Epcot Center so fantastic.

I also really like your idea for FW Table Service restaurant. A few would be great. Right now, if you want to spend all or your day at FW, you have to rely on The Land food court, or stuff yourself with stuffed pretzels. Any brainstorms out there as to where a table service place would best fit in?
LOL. When we were there in Jan. we couldn't really find anything we wanted to eat in FW (Land was still closed), so we ended up getting a pretzel near Innoventions East!

A dinosaur themed TS restaurant ala Rainforest Cafe at the Universe of Energy? Little boys would really enjoy it. Which is a segment that's kind of been left in the dust with all the princess buffets for the little girls.

disneyfamily

My dream is, that once they demolish WoL. That from the ashes of that once proud and cutting edge attraction, comes a character meet and greet or a childrens playland.

CrashNet

Which one is it in EPCOT (not necessarily these three) that has the big DNA model in front of it? Didn't they just do rehab on it? I'm trying to place these three attractions (only been to WDW once).

General Grizz

Original Poster
cac2889 said:
Which one is it in EPCOT (not necessarily these three) that has the big DNA model in front of it? Didn't they just do rehab on it? I'm trying to place these three attractions (only been to WDW once).
That's it. No big rehab . . . but a few touchups (i.e. repainting, dusting, new plants). Probably to keep it nice and clean for the events held in side.

Tigger1988

cac2889 said:

Yes, its the one the with DNA and no there has not been a recent rehab on it.

CaptainMichael

mousermerf said:
What on earth are people talking about?

There's plenty of food in future world!

You have the Coral Reef and Garden Grill for sit down, and then for fast-food you have Seasons, FountainView Cafe and Eletric Umbrella as well as a billion little carts from hot dogs to pretzles to turkey legs to frozen coke. They don't have the place in Innoventions West and the Odyssey serving food because when they recently tried for the peak period, no one went inside them.

There are 14 sit-down restaurants in Epcot and even more fast-food places covering neverly every known cuisine to man (with the noteable exception of Thai - which also goes for anywhere on property).

Whiners you be!
Yeah if Epcot is missing something, it is definitely NOT restaurants!

Since1976

Cool. WofL going down, huh?

What is being whispered regarding possible replacements?

In my own imagination: HORIZONS II: Electric Boogaloo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom