Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com

yensidtlaw1969

speck76 said:
It's a theme park.....not Yale.
Lol, I read your post before the quote, and thought you were quoting the "Soarin' is great, but Epcot needs to "experiment" with new attractions" from KumbaRider's post (most Haunted mansion fans should know what I'm talking about).

Kinda a stretch of a joke though . . .

:lookaroun

-Yensidtlaw1969

speck76

ClemsonTigger said:
Like Mission Space....?

Mission Space and Test Track were both one-of-a-kind attractions when they opened, as was Turtle Talk.

There is only one clone at Epcot, yet the fact that Epcot added 2 e-tickets in 2.5 years, and one was a clone (and is very popular) seems to get overblown by the ignorant activists, who treat the situation like the entire park is being filled with cloned attractions.

WDW opened 3 major attractions in the last year. 2 are clones, 1 is not. The two clones seem to get nothing but good feeback....the non-cloned attraction seems to get nothing but complaints (in the forums)

lownalo

I can't say I'm sad to see them gone. Cranium was good and Body Wars was ok. I hope they replace it with something cool and not waste the space.

Ivan72

We did Body Wars once and that was too much. Won't miss that. However, Cranium Command is/was a delightful if not dated WDW type fun time. I will miss it. Bring on something awesome, just don't let WOL sit like a white elephant.

Tigger1988

Ivan72 said:
We did Body Wars once and that was too much. Won't miss that. However, Cranium Command is/was a delightful if not dated WDW type fun time. I will miss it. Bring on something awesome, just don't let WOL sit like a white elephant.

Eh, its been sitting for like a year now sadly.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wasn't Soarin' the first clone built in Epcot?

HISTA came to Epcot first, before Disneyland. (I think.) Innoventions was in Epcot first, and is still entirely different than Disneyland's version (Nice thought - Epcot rides/shows are "worthy" of being put in Disneyland. Wasn't Wonders of China breifly shown in their Circlevision?)

And everyone except the Disneyland purists (who will never say anything good about WDW) think Soarin' was nicely plussed when added to Epcot in order to fit the theme.

Tigger1988

Ivan72 said:
Pity isn't it?

It really is, I hate how Disney just lets things die and does nothing to imrprove them(WoL and Timekeeper) which im not saying they we're the most amazing attractions ever, but to just..close them and keep people from enjoying them is wrong.

Tigger1988

mousermerf said:
Wasn't Soarin' the first clone built in Epcot?

HISTA came to Epcot first, before Disneyland. (I think.) Innoventions was in Epcot first, and is still entirely different than Disneyland's version (Nice thought - Epcot rides/shows are "worthy" of being put in Disneyland. Wasn't Wonders of China breifly shown in their Circlevision?)

And everyone except the Disneyland purists (who will never say anything good about WDW) think Soarin' was nicely plussed when added to Epcot in order to fit the theme.

Yes I do believe Soarin was the first clone in Epcot. Clones are not always a bad thing. Lots of people can't make it California (or Florida) it spreads the experience. And as long as the whole park isn't an exact copy of the other, then why complain.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Ivan72 said:
Pity isn't it?

Not really, when we know they've been dedicating the first half of the year to The Land and now the second to The Living Seas.

Only so much can be done at once - and Land/Seas were actually more urgent than Wonders. To explain: Energy is going downhill, but still "sound" with fans, whereas Land was becoming abandoned, Imagination is a known lost cause, and Seas was becoming the same, versus Space and Test Track with Energy on east park which all do okay.

PhotoDave219

I never enjoyed wonders of life. Bring on bulldozers and the weather pavillion, or whatever will take WOL's place.

General Grizz said:
Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars are NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com.

They are still listed as operationally closed on the "calendar" feature, but otherwise, they're no longer listed on the attractions page list.

The sad part is, we probably won't see much in the pavilion for quite a while.

imagineer boy

*sigh*

This is all one big missed opertunity. Just think of all the things they could do to the pavillion, and all they're doing is just letting it sit there and rot! :mad: :fork:

Its really depressing. :cry:

Ivan72

Tigger1988 said:
It really is, I hate how Disney just lets things die and does nothing to imrprove them(WoL and Timekeeper) which im not saying they we're the most amazing attractions ever, but to just..close them and keep people from enjoying them is wrong.

Yeah,Timekeeper is good silly fun. Robin Williams cracks me up. I wanted to see it once more, but I don't know if that will happen now.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Would you rather the Seas remained as:

Nothing Preshow
Outdated Movie
Broken Hydrolator
Giftshop!
Crush
Exit

Everything can't be done at once and Future World East in short can't handle another new ride. If Soarin' opened in Wonder's spot, the park wouldn't be able to operate.

aeillill

i understand why they closed down the place permanently, it really needed help, but I hope that they put something good in its place for Epcots 25th, I don't think we need another huge e-ticket attraction, but just update the pavilion, spruce up the theming and the rides. I think it should stay because even thought it isn't Yale, aren't you supposed to learn something from Epcot?

i'm not really sad to see it go though, we only went there once when I was little and it was operating regularly, we went on Body Wars and it ,messed my mothers back upand she complained for the next 2 days of the trip.

speck76

imagineer boy said:
*sigh*

This is all one big missed opertunity. Just think of all the things they could do to the pavillion, and all they're doing is just letting it sit there and rot! :mad: :fork:

Its really depressing. :cry:

But is Epcot imcomplete without it?

Are the other pavilions so jammed, and the lines so long that the park needs the extra capacity?

It needs to either be torn down, and replace by a well-landscaped garden.....or just mothballed, and brought back into service (as something else) when the park does actually need the capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom