Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com

mrtoad

Tigger1988 said:
Yes I do believe Soarin was the first clone in Epcot. Clones are not always a bad thing. Lots of people can't make it California (or Florida) it spreads the experience. And as long as the whole park isn't an exact copy of the other, then why complain.

I agree 100%. Many people do not get to the other parks so I don't know why they complain about clones. The new clone at MGM is from Paris and many people won't get to do both in a lifetime so I really don't think it matters really (though I don't really think I will enjoy a stunt show, but you get my point).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wonders could be removed completely and the tree-barrier around Epcot replanted between Space (once Horizons) and Energy and no one would be the wiser 10 years from now.

Wonders isn't being redone because they don't know what to do with it. They can't keep the current interior. It's too far outdated. I've even heard rumors they tried to figure out how to keep the dome but now see it as a lost cause. In the meantime, more pressing and more important problems: finishing seas.

wdwishes2005

speck76 said:
But is Epcot imcomplete without it?

Are the other pavilions so jammed, and the lines so long that the park needs the extra capacity?
no offense, but have you looked at the land pavilion lately?:animwink:

JLW11Hi

speck76 said:
Mission Space and Test Track were both one-of-a-kind attractions when they opened, as was Turtle Talk.

There is only one clone at Epcot, yet the fact that Epcot added 2 e-tickets in 2.5 years, and one was a clone (and is very popular) seems to get overblown by the ignorant activists, who treat the situation like the entire park is being filled with cloned attractions.

WDW opened 3 major attractions in the last year. 2 are clones, 1 is not. The two clones seem to get nothing but good feeback....the non-cloned attraction seems to get nothing but complaints (in the forums)

And I'm not sure if a lot of people realize it, but WDW is actually advertising these attractions (Soarin', LMA, Lucky the Dinosaur) as clones from other parks, brought in to each park as a tie in to the 50th anniversary of Disneyland (and Disney theme parks in general). You can see it on some of the commercials: "Lights, Motors Action! from Walt Disney Studios Paris! Soarin' from Disney's Californian Adventure! Cinderellabration from Tokyo Disneyland!"

The clones were a quick fix to help attendance problems in the parks as of recently, and were cleverly tied in to the 50th celebration. Its this reason that I doubt Disney will forever be on a "cloning kick".

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I still believe Soarin' was originally designed for Epcot but stuck into DCA because all of its other attractions sucked. I just need to find proof... ;)

Ivan72

mousermerf said:
Not really, when we know they've been dedicating the first half of the year to The Land and now the second to The Living Seas.

Only so much can be done at once - and Land/Seas were actually more urgent than Wonders. To explain: Energy is going downhill, but still "sound" with fans, whereas Land was becoming abandoned, Imagination is a known lost cause, and Seas was becoming the same, versus Space and Test Track with Energy on east park which all do okay.

Can they address Imagination again so soon or is the concept itself dead? As for WOL, I guess I just hate seeing empty real estate. Seems to send a sad message, although I do understand your point. Only so many resources available at a given time.

wdwishes2005

mousermerf said:
Hence fixing it's not-so-popular neighbor, Seas.
true, but reopening wonders or rehabbing it will help also, its just sitting there, what does disney need to do to spruce it up a little and get some CMs in there? then once seas is done, rehab wonders, tehn energy.

speck76

wdwishes2005 said:
no offense, but have you looked at the land pavilion lately?:animwink:

yes.....nice and lively, but not completely packed.

Soarin gets big waits, but that is because it is popular and new. Living with the Land wait times are no worse than they ever were........when I have gone, they have actually been less.

Mission Space never has a long wait, and neither does TLS, JII, or UoE. SSE gets a wait first thing in the morning, but after that, it is a walkon.

Test Track still has decent wait times, but that is more dut to lack of capacity than anything.

Back in the day, WoL was packed.....Body Wars would run 2 hour waits......but everything else at Epcot would too......this is no longer the case......when Epcot gets back to its attendance figures of the early 90's, when attendance was 12+ million per year, they may need the building....last year attendance was 9.4million......Even Stevie Wonder can see the capacity is not needed.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Incase you think WDW is doing nothing at Epcot...

Done this year:

The Land/Soarin'
American Gardens Theater rehab (major structural changes)
New butterfly walkway for Flower/Garden
Expanded Flower and Garden itself
Several new Innoventions exhibits

Coming this year:

American Adventure Rotunda
The Living Seas (possible new ride!)
Ice Station Cool
Expanded Food and Wine
Holidays Around the World and Candlelight

So, that's a lotta man-hours worth of work at Epcot.

diddy_mouse

I'm sad to see the state of WoL. It's a shame that a pavillion with a good deal of potential has been left by the wayside and failed to have an update. What I would like to see happen is a total revamp of the pavillion (ideally for the 25th anniversary). The theme of the pavillion is still quite workable...

I look foward to what WoL could become...

wdwishes2005

speck76 said:
yes.....nice and lively, but not completely packed.

Soarin gets big waits, but that is because it is popular and new. Living with the Land wait times are no worse than they ever were........when I have gone, they have actually been less.

Mission Space never has a long wait, and neither does TLS, JII, or UoE. SSE gets a wait first thing in the morning, but after that, it is a walkon.

Test Track still has decent wait times, but that is more dut to lack of capacity than anything.

Back in the day, WoL was packed.....Body Wars would run 2 hour waits......but everything else at Epcot would too......this is no longer the case......when Epcot gets back to its attendance figures of the early 90's, when attendance was 12+ million per year, they may need the building....last year attendance was 9.4million......Even Stevie Wonder can see the capacity is not needed.

but would it hurt disney sooo much to open up WoL for a while, at least while seas is being rehabbed? oh well. good points speck, you always have the numbers, i dont even stand a chance....lol.

seven hundreth post!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Epcot may never get back to those numbers. It was canibalized by MGM and Animal Kingdom, and it's "educational" background keeps people away. Epcot unduly has a reputation as being boring, educational, and not good for kids.

speck76

mousermerf said:
Epcot may never get back to those numbers. It was canibalized by MGM and Animal Kingdom, and it's "educational" background keeps people away. Epcot unduly has a reputation as being boring, educational, and not good for kids.

They might not ever get back to those numbers.....although I think if a few more festivals were added, they could get closer....plus, I like Epcot best when the various festivals are going on.

Epcot has been trying to reinvent itself (although you know this)....yet some people around here can not seem to comprend that, without the reinvention, the park was doomed for future failure.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I really do like "New-Epcot."

I think the management of the festivals needs to get their act together (they close things randomly and cancel events willy-nilly - oh no! it's raining in Florida!) but they are oerall great and good for the park.

Flower and Garden this year was really nice. They upped the ante a good bit, I particularly like the scenic painters throughout the park painting the various landscapes.

Food and Wine is shaping up to be really good. Odyssey - the other empty building ya'll don't care about because you forgot it existed, like you will Wonders - has been renamed the Odyssey Culinary Center for the event with tons going on inside.

So, what's left? Candelight and Holidays Around the World. That covers Spring, Fall, and Winter. Leaving summer-peak (which folks will attest were crowded enough) to just be normal operation.

General Grizz

Original Poster
I LOVE New-Epcot event wise. There's no better time for festivals and holidays.

As for the rest, everyone knows where I stand. But Wonders of Life better have a decent - no, a superior - replacement. Thematics, show quality, and perhaps more timelessness. I'd hate to see it empty for 5 years.

speck76

Summer used to bring good entertainment to the American Gardens Theater. Although American Vybe is decent, they can be seen all year, and they do not compare to Blast, Shockwave, Lord of the Dance, or the World Music Series.

(but they are better than the Barbie show from 1994ish)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Grizz, if Wonders opened "better" (new E-ticket, C-ticket, several A-ticket, live shows, store and food place) within the next year it would probably uncerimoniously kill Future World East while not much increasing daily park attendance.

You have to grow an audience in a situation like this. This is why IOA, though it has great rides, has always struggled.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
speck76 said:
Summer used to bring good entertainment to the American Gardens Theater. Although American Vybe is decent, they can be seen all year, and they do not compare to Blast, Shockwave, Lord of the Dance, or the World Music Series.

(but they are better than the Barbie show from 1994ish)

The rehab this past summer probably had something to do with it. I find it funny there's no pics on the websites (people seriously did not notice), but the two covered areas at the rear were torn down and a new central building more in the colonial theme was installed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom