Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com

speck76

That was installed prior to the Flower and Garden festival......the theater was in use all summer, but just for American Vybe

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Along those lines - i always wonder why they dont have real "stars" doing a concert series in the summer. Imagine the crowds at Epcot for just 1 showing a night of Kelly Clarkson, Justin Timberlake, etc... for a few weeks.

But, for Food and Wine, they have improved the overall selection of artists for the concert series.

General Grizz

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Grizz, if Wonders opened "better" (new E-ticket, C-ticket, several A-ticket, live shows, store and food place) within the next year it would probably uncerimoniously kill Future World East while not much increasing daily park attendance.

I'm not saying it should be in the same setup... although I would like to see a couple or more attractions in it. I've skipped Soarin', Test Track, and Mission Space (a good chunk of Future World) just because of the wait. . . so I do think at least a couple family shows next to a great new "adventure" would be necessary to help please the family members that can't visit the site's neighbors.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Skipping because of the wait is your own personal choice. That's not to say the attractions are unworthy. That's like coming in summer and being upset it rained. The lines should be showing that those areas are worthy.

Kids have lots to do at Epcot. They can eat with princesses, they can go on the behind the seeds tour, do junior chef, do kidcot at Test Track and world showcase, they can go see crush, they can go ride energy, they can play in the fountains, they can see Imaginations, they can go on the land boat ride, they can watch the shows around the world showcase, they can ride a friendship, the can ride spaceship, they ca see the films, they can play in the interactive areas of seas and imagination, they can even seasonally look at butterflys or get lost in a maze, and they can even go visit the dolphins in depth.

The "nothing for family" at Epcot arguement is long dead.

General Grizz

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
Skipping because of the wait is your own personal choice. That's not to say the attractions are unworthy. That's like coming in summer and being upset it rained. The lines should be showing that those areas are worthy.

Kids have lots to do at Epcot. They can eat with princesses, they can go on the behind the seeds tour, do junior chef, do kidcot at Test Track and world showcase, they can go see crush, they can go ride energy, they can play in the fountains, they can see Imaginations, they can go on the land boat ride, they can watch the shows around the world showcase, they can ride a friendship, the can ride spaceship, they ca see the films, they can play in the interactive areas of seas and imagination, they can even seasonally look at butterflys or get lost in a maze, and they can even go visit the dolphins in depth.

The "nothing for family" at Epcot arguement is long dead.
They CAN do all of these things, but it seems as though the kids shows (cough IMAGINATION cough) are becoming more KIDDY and the adult rides (Mission Space, Test Track) are becoming too adult.

Disney has the PERFECT OPPORTUNITY to open a new ride - the 21st century stuff dreams are made of - that can be truly heralded as the next E-Ticket while ensuring a feel-good family experience.

You know... why not?

As Bill Nye the Science Guy says in Ellen's Energy Adventure, A slide show? I guess that'd be easier, but -- ha! This is way more fun.

Hobnail Boot

I'm really enjoying reading through this discussion. It has really opened my eyes about Epcot; not just the Wonders of Life pavillion, but the entire park. As for my personal opinion, I'm sad to see another attraction go, however I welcome the change and what is to come. I would love to see the long rumored weather pavillion a few years down the line, but not right now. I'm one of those people who leave their televisions on the Weather Channel all day. :lol:

CaptainMichael

I'm a supporter of the so-called "New Epcot." Epcot has been painted with word "educational" since its beginning. People who have never been to WDW are under the impression that Epcot is boring and are therefore likely to overlook it.

The whole way to Florida on our bus taking us to WDW for Senior Trip everyone complained about having to spend a day in Epcot. What they didn't know is that Epcot isn't too educational anymore. They seemed to overlook Test Track, Mission: Space, and Soarin. Needless to say, when the day was over (after Illuminations) everyone was satisfied.

Epcot is on the right track. Hopefully, with attendance growth, it will continue to get better.

CThaddeus

I'm saddened by how many seem to have such hatred for this pavilion. Cranium Command alone makes this pavilion worth having. Add to it "The Making of Me," which I think is a great movie about where we come from; "Goofy About Health," an entertaining Goofy show; numerous interactive displays; and yes, even Body Wars. If they really need to do something with it, why not just update it a bit? I can't stand losing all these great EPCOT attractions. I truly believe this Park once rivaled Disneyland for great attractions. Now, I feel as if they're abandoning it to E-Ticket rides (Test Track...ick). Why must something die so that some thrill ride can take its place? Add to the Park, plus it, don't keep replacing everything.

TiggerBW

General Grizz said:
Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars are NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com.

They are still listed as operationally closed on the "calendar" feature, but otherwise, they're no longer listed on the attractions page list.

The sad part is, we probably won't see much in the pavilion for quite a while.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I guess I'm getting old. I hate change. I mean some is good yes, but boy do I miss the old rides that have been replaced. I like WoL. It's never crowded. Have any of you seen Wonders of Laugh? Hysterical! Cranium Command is great. Even "The Making of Me" was funny. Body Wars is a classic. I dunno. Call me old fashioned, but I will surely miss it if it closes for good.

Scooter

TiggerBW said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I guess I'm getting old. I hate change. I mean some is good yes, but boy do I miss the old rides that have been replaced. I like WoL. It's never crowded. Have any of you seen Wonders of Laugh? Hysterical! Cranium Command is great. Even "The Making of Me" was funny. Body Wars is a classic. I dunno. Call me old fashioned, but I will surely miss it if it closes for good.

God bless you and the handful of others who Loved this pavillion.
Unfortunately, that was one of the problems that caused the demise of this pavillion.
When it was open, it was almost always empty. The exceptions were during extra magical hours when there were only a limited number of shops and pavillions open and Test Track and Mission Space were 2 hour waits.

Personally, I'm glad to see it go, and while the shows were fun to watch, none of them, in my opinion, were must see time after time every visit. The lack of lines attested to that.

I saw Cranium Command and enjoyed it, but to me, it didn't have that " I wanna see it every time I go" appeal like Pirates, and Haunted Mansion, Soarin, and many others have.

I liked Body Wars, it never made me sick, but unlike the other simulator rides like Star Tours and Dinosaur, it got old with me and my family. I remember when the wait for Body wars was over an hour when it first opened, but it, like most of the Wonders of Life Pavillion, died fast.

While I hate seeing this pavillion sitting empty, I think closing it was a good idea, if for no other reason than to give it some dignity and let it pass away quietly and peacefully.

We can only hope that this old cocoon will someday open up to reveal a new and beautiful butterfly...one that can be enjoyed by the whole family.

LaughingGravy

I wish that they would just close something if they are going to, wall it up and announce a replacement, especially when it comes to a whole pavilion. I get the feeling of being ripped off that there's a whole huge building sitting there that looks like it might be interesting to see, knowing there are things to do inside. If say, Cranium Command was down, there is still enough there to be worthy of keeping the building open.

For those folks going in October...from recent accounts, the resorts are filling up quickly. I hope someone will see that the parks will be more crowded and open things accordingly. Maybe that's why they haven't posted the October park hours as of 8/4/05. Here's hoping.
Seasonal attraction closings are really depressing for those who pay full price in the off-season and get reduced hours to begin with. Add the temporarily closed attractions due to projected off season low attendance, and there's a good feeling to have.

DavyCrockett74

With the Test Track and Mission Space, I think EPCOT has enough "thrill rides". What EPCOT and the rest of the parks should strive for is balance. Having a variety of attractions that can be enjoyed by all segments of guests.

Whatever happens to Wonders of Life, I hope that its replacement would have something for everyone to enjoy.

General Grizz

Original Poster
I will also make a suggestion that Disney make this place a GOOD relaxing area. Kinda like The Land was. No, it doesn't have to be BORING... only a segment of it could have a nice open area, where one can sit down and enjoy the beauty of it. Of course, whatever it ends depends on the theme... but nice music, things in motion...

With so much hustle and bustle in Future World (Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin', soon to be Nemo, it's hard to find just a good relaxing place to sit back and enjoy (with air conditioning). Ray Bradbury was a big fan of these places... it helps set Disney apart.

So I'll be happy if:
1. Good theme and show quality that fits right into the EPCOT story.
2. Availability of a great, well done family show and/or ride (not a kids ride...big difference)
3. Inclusion of something that will make the pavilion great and a must-see
4. A nice relaxing area (maybe a restaurant?) which features good music and/or motion where people can sit down and enjoy. Nobody will turn down food.

I know I'd spend hours in that kind of pavilion.

P.S. It is going to be hard to beat out Cranium Command.

Skippy

i have mixed feelings on the matter. for one thing, WoL really does need a rehab, so if this means that they're shutting it down for rehab right away, then i am very pleased. if, however, it just means they're closing it for low attendance, and they'll rehab it when it's the time to, then that is sad, because no one likes an empty unused building...

and about the rehab, (i was very young when it opened, but...) colors?.. those could definately be..um..updated.

SirGoofy

While I did love WoL, I think it was only a matter of time until it was gone for good. I've prepared myself for this moment. But I am sad to see it go and take down CC with it.

Am I the only one who thinks this may be the begining of something new for Epcot's 25th? Or is it just the closure of an old pavillion?

Discmen

Body Wars is a great attraction. It always seemed more intense than Star Tours. And Elizabeth Shue in a skin tight outfit? Any man who wants that to dissappear better check his pulse and/or his sexual orientation. Body Wars deserves better than the majority of the posters give, it is fantastic ride. Just because you wussies can't take it doesn't make it bad. I also always loved Cranium. But Body Wars...when I was there about five years ago the entire pavillion was like a ghost town, and I just rode Body Wars over and over again. Good times, Good times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom