Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com

CoffeeJedi

askmike1 said:
I hate when people use MS and TT as examples. Horizons and World of Motion (which these rides replaced) were also just rides, not pavillions. In fact I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney has ever changed the format of an attraction from pavilion to ride or vica versa. UoE and EEA are both rides. MS and Horizons are both rides. WoM and TT are both Rides. The old Land and the new Land are both pavillions. The old imagination pavilion and the new Imagination Institute are both pavillions. Comunicore and Innoventions are both pavilions. Pavilions are not any more dead then they were in 1982.

-Michael
not to pick nits, but Imagination losts its pavilion status with the closing of the Imageworks, now its a ride and a movie that share a theme and setting

the original M:S bluesky was a pavilion, you could almost call M:S a pavilion with the interactive multiplayer game post-show (is there anything else there yet?)
Hey man, Test Track has that oh-so-cool "virtual reality" chair ride :p

General Grizz

Original Poster
Coffee - I would still consider JII a pavilion despite the similar themes... you could go to HISTA or ride the ride or play in the fountain or meet Figment without having to go through the ride.

Imagination Institute...oy vey...

askmike1

CoffeeJedi said:
not to pick nits, but Imagination losts its pavilion status with the closing of the Imageworks, now its a ride and a movie that share a theme and setting

the original M:S bluesky was a pavilion, you could almost call M:S a pavilion with the interactive multiplayer game post-show (is there anything else there yet?)
Hey man, Test Track has that oh-so-cool "virtual reality" chair ride :p
The old Imageworks and the new Imageworks are both Post-Shows. Whether or not you like the new one (or think the old one is better), they are both post shows. The entire Imagination Pavilion is occupied by both JIIWF and HISTA. My definition of a pavilion is a structure that houses multiple attractions (not an attraction and it's post show).

-Michael

CoffeeJedi

i guess i was thinking "pavillion" as a freely navigable building with activities, exhibits, major attractions, side-attractions, small shows, refreshments, etc... that you can wonder around and explore at your own pace.

WoL, and Living Seas fit this concept to a T

mousermerf

Account Suspended
According to Disney: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/parkListing?id=EPAttractionListingPage

These are pavilions:

Canada Pavilion
China Pavilion
France Pavilion
Germany Pavilion
Imagination! Pavilion
Italy Pavilion
Japan Pavilion
Mexico Pavilion
Mission: SPACE Pavilion
Morocco Pavilion
Norway Pavilion
Spaceship Earth Pavilion
Test Track Pavilion
The Land Pavilion
The Living Seas Pavilion
U.S.A. Pavilion
United Kingdom Pavilion
Universe of Energy (Being the only one that doesn't have the word Pavilion in it)

jmuboy

Disney has been wanting to turn this space into some revenue generating "meeting space" - looks like they finally succeeded. WDW really sucks!

ArielBelle

askmike1 said:
test6dl.gif

-Michael

thanks! how 1980s

ChairborneRangr

Tigger1988 said:
Yes I do believe Soarin was the first clone in Epcot. Clones are not always a bad thing. Lots of people can't make it California (or Florida) it spreads the experience. And as long as the whole park isn't an exact copy of the other, then why complain.

THE most popular theme park at WDW, Magic Kingdom, just happens to be a clone of a certain Disney park in California. I don't understand the complaint of cloning some of the attractions...

That, and with only one attraction cloned... I gues some people just like to complain.

BTW I like Cranium Command too.

stitch82

here's a question...how long has wonders of life been down? actually, i'm curious as to how often it was down during the land rehab. since they're rehabbing the living seas, they're down two pavillions...cramming more people into m:s and soarin'.

speck76

stitch82 said:
here's a question...how long has wonders of life been down? actually, i'm curious as to how often it was down during the land rehab. since they're rehabbing the living seas, they're down two pavillions...cramming more people into m:s and soarin'.

during the slowest time of year........not a big deal......

The park gets busy during food and wine....but people go more for the festival, and less for the attractions. Some of the busiest days I have seen at Epcot have been during Food and Wine, but FW was fairly empty, as the action is all around world showcase.

Besides, when WoL was open on NYE....the busiest day of the year, it was empty.....that being said, even if they did open it, the vast majority of people would not visit the pavilion, defeating the entire purpose of having it open.

stitch82

speck76 said:
Besides, when WoL was open on NYE....the busiest day of the year, it was empty.....that being said, even if they did open it, the vast majority of people would not visit the pavilion, defeating the entire purpose of having it open.

has attendance always been low at this pavillion? or is the majority just not interested?

speck76

it was once very popular, but it looks to have fallen out of favor.

Body Wars was cutting edge in the late 80's.....now, it is a dated simulator

Cranium Command is a neat idea, but unless you are 26 or older, you can not relate to the actors.

The rest of the pavilion is dated, at best.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
No, when Wonders opened the line for Body wars began outside the pavilion, hence those enter/exit rope queues. Once inside it went to the right (rather than Left and directly to Body Wars) because the signs in the pavillions are designed to be turned to redirect people once it reaches a certain capaity. From there, it went around the loop to Body Wars, through an extended switchback rope queue (later occupied by more of the Exercylces) and then up the ramp, all the way behind the Well and Goods shop back to the front entrance, doubled back and into the main "queue" as most people know it, but filling both channels rather than just 1, around the corner past the Met Technologies logo, through the decontamination chambers, watched each of the 3 seperate overhead queue video segments (sometimes more if there was a delay) and finally the left queue loaded vehicle 1 and 2 while the right queue loade vehicles 3 and 4.

Tigger1988

The last time I ever saw WoL open was just before M:S's offical opening. I got to ride it as part of the soft openings. After riding I felt a bit ill, there seemed to be no bathrooms at M:S (more than likely missed them) so I went next door to WoL where I discovered the bathroom was on the other side of the pavillion....wonderful story!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom