Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com

Since1976

Seriously though, Epcot really needs to go back to its Omnimover, animatronic roots. I know that the trend is going towards thrill rides, but who is to say they can't somehow make an attraction which is scary, thrilling, and inspiring without physically jostling the riders around?

disneyfamily

Seriously, how about a ride/attraction with a restaurant in the middle of it. That way you could get a fastpass and then have a snack or meal while waiting. (Note: would only work with non-thrill rides)

askmike1

DisneyRoxMySox said:
Maybe because it was one of Walt's last ideas for WDW?
Actually, not true at all. Walt's idea was EPCOT (Experimental Prototyple Community Of Tomorrow). This was a working city (that can partly be seen on the TTA). Epcot, turned out extremely differently (by combining Future World and World Showcase into one park). The park that is going to be celebrating it's 25th anniversary in 2007 was at most inspired by Walt. Pretty much everything else is different.

As for relaxing, you can never get a pavilion that is both popular and relaxing at the same time. The Land used to be relaxing and why? Because it was empty. It held 3 attractions, a movie, a little educational boat ride and Food Rocks. The most popular thing there was probably the food court. No one was in there because it was boring. Now if I had the choice of a relaxing pavilion (like the old Land) or a popular pavilion (like the new Land), I'd easily choose the popular one.

-Michael

General Grizz

Original Poster
Askmike - 3 things:

1. I agree with your Walt Disney/EPCOT assessment
2. Do you keep track of attraction counts? Because this past winter, The Land had higher attendance than every pavilion next to Spaceship Earth.
3. In the space of WoL, a popular AND well-themed area could be created.

General Grizz

Original Poster
mousermerf -- nice pin. Wonders of Life didn't really use a symbol next to promotional materials, however... I don't even recall seeing one in the building.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
General Grizz said:
Nice pin. Wonders of Life didn't really use a symbol next to promotional materials, however... I don't even recall seeing one in the building.

There is, the circle has like a pentagon inside of it and inside of that is a "human" body, one half the dark blue, the other "clear" and the symbol itself was all blue.

General Grizz

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
There is, the circle has like a pentagon inside of it and inside of that is a "human" body, one half the dark blue, the other "clear" and the symbol itself was all blue.
I've seen the symbol, but was it in the building?

ArielBelle

mousermerf said:

does anyone have a picture of the WOL symbol? I can't picture it.

but good eye noticing it was gone!!

askmike1

ArielBelle said:
does anyone have a picture of the WOL symbol? I can't picture it.
test6dl.gif

-Michael

mousermerf

Account Suspended
It was originally on the map-thingy when you entered the pavillion, later removed. It was visible in backstage areas though.

Madison

Though I enjoy Cranium Command, I don't have much emotional investment in the rest of the pavilion. I do, however, *love* the building itself and would hate for them to take it down if they bring in something new.

RCMAN2001

I'm willing to bet $100 with any member on these boards that instead of updating this pavilion and making it better and more educational, the will put a single thrill ride in its place like mission space or test track. Pavilions are dead and it makes me mad.

MINECAR

Account Suspended
Like I posted a few weeks ago, One of the cast members in epcot told me it was closed and most likely not going to reopen till late next year when I asked y she said she had no idea and disney gave no reason .

MINECAR

Account Suspended
y does it make you mad, I like the the new (well most of it) epcot. If I want to learn I would stay home and go to school, But I miss alot of the old stuff in epcot. Poor figment has been stabed in the back and even with the teaching level high in the originals they where great classics.

askmike1

RCMAN2001 said:
I'm willing to bet $100 with any member on these boards that instead of updating this pavilion and making it better and more educational, the will put a single thrill ride in its place like mission space or test track. Pavilions are dead and it makes me mad.
I hate when people use MS and TT as examples. Horizons and World of Motion (which these rides replaced) were also just rides, not pavillions. In fact I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney has ever changed the format of an attraction from pavilion to ride or vica versa. UoE and EEA are both rides. MS and Horizons are both rides. WoM and TT are both Rides. The old Land and the new Land are both pavillions. The old imagination pavilion and the new Imagination Institute are both pavillions. Comunicore and Innoventions are both pavilions. Pavilions are not any more dead then they were in 1982.

-Michael

General Grizz

Original Poster
askmike1 said:
I hate when people use MS and TT as examples. Horizons and World of Motion (which these rides replaced) were also just rides, not pavillions. In fact I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney has ever changed the format of an attraction from pavilion to ride or vica versa. UoE and EEA are both rides. MS and Horizons are both rides. WoM and TT are both Rides. The old Land and the new Land are both pavillions. The old imagination pavilion and the new Imagination Institute are both pavillions. Comunicore and Innoventions are both pavilions. Pavilions are not any more dead then they were in 1982.

-Michael
Don't forget about the World of Motion transcenter... THAT was a blast.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
General Grizz said:
That's it. No big rehab . . . but a few touchups (i.e. repainting, dusting, new plants). Probably to keep it nice and clean for the events held in side.
basically, a cruel joke for the Grizz...... because it gave him hope that WoL didnt have the potential to see the fate of Horizons. i guess only time will tell. i remember discussions and the reasoning was why would they paint it if they are about to bulldoze it.

oh, they washed the windows too, i think i remember that.

i will say that the inside decor (triangles, squares on the wall) look so 80's it reminds me of the old Richards Simmons exercise videos...... not that i actually owned one or watched one, :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom