Where do Disneyphiles work?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The Lions play football? :shrug: :lol:

I still wake up in a cold sweat over that one. :brick::mad::cry:
My neighbor is from Boston and is a die hard *insert New England/Boston team here* fan. My wife got his partner an 18 wins one gilt lost t-shirt which he proudly wore. I thought for sure we were going to have a double murder in our quiet little neighborhood.:lol:

nc_disneyfreak

am i the first?

Im a 18 wheel truck driver and i run only central north carolina, home everyday and weekends off so im happy...it pays the bills and affords us the opportunity to visit disney every year and a half to two years...(just enough i guess lol) its funny cause whenever im driving on the I-40 and I-95 intersection area, im always looking for people heading down to the world lol...youd be surprised at the amount i see mainly on thursdays and fridays, folks with the white marker stuff saying "disney here we come" etc...its torture but fun at the same time...

accord99cutie

Premium Member
Seeing all you professionals here is gonna give a complex to this guy who merely works in the frozen foods department at Walmart! :ROFLOL:

I can't believe I am only the 2nd walmart worker to post here!!!
I am currently in H.R. at our local store, I am the training coordinator, and am currently also training in the Invoice office. I escaped the sales floor last summer and I'm NEVER going back!!!
DH is a civilian D.O.D. worker at our local shipyard. He is a Welder, makes wayyy more money than I do, and is pretty much the bill payer in the Family, I just pay the Disney trips :D

Kristamouse

I am a happy stay at home Mom to four little darlings :fork:! Mine are 6, 5, 2, 1...Boy, girl, girl, boy. My 1st grader and K-Gardener are in school all day, so I can get on here while the babies are napping.
DH and I graduated from the University of Kentucky I have a double major in English and History and he has a Masters in Civil Engineering. I worked all the way through college as a waitress and nanny in the summer and then as a librarian for a large law firm in Lexington. I was accepted into UK Law School on our 1st wedding anniversary and found out I was pregnant with our oldest child, huge but lovely susprise :sohappy: Decided to wait on law school and stay working to keep our insurance till my husband had his first job.
So I have been a stay at home since he was born...someday I will go back to the real work world. Like many of you have said I am the go to Disney Planner in our neighborhood. As my kids get older and get in to school I have been trying to figure out a job I could do that would get us to WDW more...wonder if Pam is hiring?

PeoplemoverTTA

Hey, I'm a Lions fan, so nobody else has a right to complain about their NFL team.

Bills fan here...it's either a draw, or I win :lol:

I'm a copy editor and content manager for an advertising/marketing firm. We specialize in the staffing and recruiting industry.

I'm also a freelance copywriter/editor (I primarily work with website copy, blogs, email marketing, and marketing collateral).

I love what I do (my BA is in English, and my MS is in Public Relations), but my original goal was to pursue a PhD in English. I suspect I may return to academia in the next 5 years (coupled with my continued freelance career).

If anyone needs a copywriter or editor, feel free to PM me :D

Lisalyn

I am a happy stay at home Mom to four little darlings :fork:! Mine are 6, 5, 2, 1...Boy, girl, girl, boy. My 1st grader and K-Gardener are in school all day, so I can get on here while the babies are napping.
DH and I graduated from the University of Kentucky I have a double major in English and History and he has a Masters in Civil Engineering. I worked all the way through college as a waitress and nanny in the summer and then as a librarian for a large law firm in Lexington. I was accepted into UK Law School on our 1st wedding anniversary and found out I was pregnant with our oldest child, huge but lovely susprise :sohappy: Decided to wait on law school and stay working to keep our insurance till my husband had his first job.
So I have been a stay at home since he was born...someday I will go back to the real work world. Like many of you have said I am the go to Disney Planner in our neighborhood. As my kids get older and get in to school I have been trying to figure out a job I could do that would get us to WDW more...wonder if Pam is hiring?

I'm thinking your job is WAYYYY harder then any of ours! LOL :wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I am surprised at how few teachers there are here. Anywho, I'm a teacher in a private special education school that services primarily emotionally disturbed and ADHD students. There are two other Disney fans where I work so when the three of us get together it can get pretty geeky. I am by far the most obsessed though...and I'm ok with that!

I also run a fairly large eBay store that contains mostly books, DVDs, clothing, and random collectibles (mostly Disney!). This means I visit a post office at least once a day and have become a master at packaging things. :dazzle: I've also become the go-to person among all my friends and co-workers when they want to sell something on eBay. I don't mind listing things for others as long as they don't assume I will do it for free.

Tistal

/peers out of lurking....I should probably crawl out of this cave more often so there aren't quite as many cobwebs :lookaroun

I'm an adjunct at a university on the east coast; we have a lion mascot and pretty well known basketball team.

I teach English comp, argument and literature for the whole year for what they pay the full time profs to teach 2 classes over the summer. (at least until I publish a few more things to get accepted into a PhD program with some sort of funding)

However, it's gotten me to the world every year for 3 years in a row now!:sohappy:

worldfanatic

I work guest service at a private country club in the Palm Springs area.

Our members are very well off and constantly talk about all their world travels. But it's almost never Disney World.:(:(
However, I noticed one member had a DVC luggage tag on their golf bag.
I had to ask, and it turns out they had just gotten back from a stay at Saratoga Springs. :sohappy::sohappy:

ta2mama

I am a paramedic! I do have at least three other friends in EMS who are huge Disneyphiles, though!

I guess it has something to do with the escapism.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I am surprised at how few teachers there are here. Anywho, I'm a teacher in a private special education school that services primarily emotionally disturbed and ADHD students. There are two other Disney fans where I work so when the three of us get together it can get pretty geeky. I am by far the most obsessed though...and I'm ok with that!

I also run a fairly large eBay store that contains mostly books, DVDs, clothing, and random collectibles (mostly Disney!). This means I visit a post office at least once a day and have become a master at packaging things. :dazzle: I've also become the go-to person among all my friends and co-workers when they want to sell something on eBay. I don't mind listing things for others as long as they don't assume I will do it for free.

My wife is a teacher as well. Jersey week food and wine festivals are becoming a tradition.

becanya

Original Poster
I work as an Administrative Assistant for a college dean. However, I am an aspiring Disney employee who dabbles in music. In fact, I went to school right down the road from you at Belmont.

When did you go to Belmont? I went there from 1998-2002...majored in political science w/ a minor in Russian and Journalism.

BuzzGoofy

I retired from the Canadian military 11 years ago, after 20 years of service. Since then I have worked at a drilling mud wholesale/distribution company. I started off as a laborer and have worked my way up to being the Safety Coordinator. Through the U of A, I worked for and received my certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.

Pioneer Hall

I am a paramedic! I do have at least three other friends in EMS who are huge Disneyphiles, though!

I guess it has something to do with the escapism.

I'm an EMS disneyphile as well. Guess I didn't put down that I am a volunteer EMT (we have a lot of that in NJ). I currently run my towns first aid squad until I have to step down next month to relocate.

CP_alum08

Interesting thread, I love reading about others' careers :)

I was an at home mom, but now I work for the red bullseye. Just something to do until we change stations in a couple months, since we don't have much time left here :sohappy: After that I will probably be going to school.

Me too, but I can't complain too much. My GF was offered a great job with FDOT (Florida Dept. of Transportation) so we moved for her. We're now a 3 hour drive from the World instead of a 3 hour flight :sohappy:

As for me, the red bullseye pays the bills, sort of. But I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I have a degree in art (which is probably why I still don't know :ROFLOL:). Im really hoping something in the film industry will pan out; behind the scenes as an editor or SFX guru. Although sadly, in south FL most of the film industry is...er...adult films.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I can't believe I am only the 2nd walmart worker to post here!!!
I am currently in H.R. at our local store, I am the training coordinator, and am currently also training in the Invoice office. I escaped the sales floor last summer and I'm NEVER going back!!!
DH is a civilian D.O.D. worker at our local shipyard. He is a Welder, makes wayyy more money than I do, and is pretty much the bill payer in the Family, I just pay the Disney trips :D

Small world. I live down the road from said shipyard.

sbkline

Are you kidding me? If I lived in your town I would only come to your store and hang out in the frozen foods department just to get to talk Disney. :sohappy:

Then I would definitely not get any work done! :lol: I like to think that I am a pretty dedicated employee and focus on getting the job done, but there are three topics of conversation that can get me off of my work game pretty quick: Religion, politics and Disney! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom