Where do Disneyphiles work?

FabulousFigment

I am a stay at home mom. I do have my own business as an independent distributor for a jewelry company, but I make all of my own hours. However, if I had my way, I would be utilizing my masters degree and be teaching somewhere.

My destiny to obsess over Disney was set way before I had any inkling as to what I wanted to do when I got older. For me, I obsessed because my parents do and brought me there when I was just months old.:p

Actress and (plus-sized) model. Plus sized models are often size 10 or 12, if you were wondering. Sigh...America. I also work with my husband, who works in insurance/investments. If I'm sitting next to a chatty person on an airplane, and I'd like to continue talking to them, I tell them I'm an actress. If they are wearing me out and I need a break, I'll tell them I sell life insurance. Works like a charm. :animwink:

When did you go to Belmont? I went there from 1998-2002...majored in political science w/ a minor in Russian and Journalism.

That's crazy! I studied vocal performance from 1999-2001. I didn't finish my degree at Belmont because I took some time off to do mission work. My sis and b-in-law are living in Nashville now. What a small world! (No pun intended.)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Is that statement valid when it's the Canadian government ? Just kidding Monty !!

Actually we borrowed it from your three-letter agencies, in reality here we say: "I could tell you but then I'd have to do about three weeks of paperwork and report you and your extended family to the RCMP for detailed investigation."

:lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I am a wood truss engineer. I spend the majority of my days chained to a computer designing and engineering wood beams, floor and roof trusses for residential and commercial buildings. When I leave my day job I switch hats and work as a travel agent for Kingdom Konsultants.
See below...

I am an Interface Design Architect. Every break I get at work, I comb through wdwmagic, do a little Disney research or build websites for friends like, Kingdom Konsultants. Shameless plug Richard. :lol:

In my office at work, I have SSE and ToT blueprints framed on my walls. They are normal size blueprints so most people that come in spend a good deal of time looking over them.

They have turned out to be great conversation pieces.

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.... :lookaroun

:lol:

I work for the Government.
I love Monty's answers.

PartOfYourWorld

Soon to be Mechanical Engineer in search of a job....will have my Bachelor's Degree in my hand in less than two weeks time

Applied for an internship with Disney Imagineering this summer, but have gotten declined...It would be my dream to work with Disney Imagineering!

This was so fun to read!

In my former life, I taught Kindergarten.

Our first daughter was born, and I changed the resume to Stay at Home Momma.

After our second princess was born, since it already seemed like I had 3 extra hands, I threw on one more hat - Kingdom Konsultant Disney Vacationeer.

Looking back - I never really left Neverland ;)

sweetpee_1993

Me too, but I can't complain too much. My GF was offered a great job with FDOT (Florida Dept. of Transportation) so we moved for her. We're now a 3 hour drive from the World instead of a 3 hour flight :sohappy:

As for me, the red bullseye pays the bills, sort of. But I still have no idea what I want to be when I grow up. I have a degree in art (which is probably why I still don't know :ROFLOL:). Im really hoping something in the film industry will pan out; behind the scenes as an editor or SFX guru. Although sadly, in south FL most of the film industry is...er...adult films.

I'm 36 years old and I still can't think of a profession that I want to do. When I ask myself what do I want to be all I can think of is:

1. a good mom
2. a good wife/friend
3. happy

:cool:

Actress and (plus-sized) model. Plus sized models are often size 10 or 12, if you were wondering. Sigh...America. I also work with my husband, who works in insurance/investments. If I'm sitting next to a chatty person on an airplane, and I'd like to continue talking to them, I tell them I'm an actress. If they are wearing me out and I need a break, I'll tell them I sell life insurance. Works like a charm. :animwink:

The fashion magazines might call size 10-12 plus size but I call that being a woman (not a twiggy teenager) with curves. I'd far rather have womanly curves than be pokey-boney and hungry. Just sayin'... :wave:

jhastings74

I am surprised at how few teachers there are here. Anywho, I'm a teacher in a private special education school that services primarily emotionally disturbed and ADHD students.

I am also a teacher, and my first year teaching was in a private special education school (Florida) for E.D. students. You get a hearty pat on the back from me, my friend.

Since then, I have moved into the public schools where I taught high school special ed Government and Economics, then Middle School behavioral program, and now I teach in an elementary school for the District-wide behavioral program.

I *used* to work as a part-time CM at Animal Kingdom when I lived in Florida, but then we moved to TX. As of this date, I have not found a single other Disneyphile on my campus. :(

Outside of school, I also work part-time for a local pizzeria (although the hours per week are near full-time) and am Dad to 5 kids (3 grown and out of the house).

I stay pretty busy. :animwink:

terp79

I work as a full time graphic designer for an apparel and screen printing company. I'm also a freelancer designer, painter and illustrator. Oh yeah and i'm a blogger! You can see some of my stuff at:
http://www.rjterpstra.com
And yes i have freelanced for wdi and you may recognize one of my paintings...it was published in one of the D23 issues!

JIMINYCR

I am a Patient Service Rep for New England Life Care (a home infusion therapy service company) here in good old Portland, ME! :wave:

Good to see some other people from Maine. Small world, my wife has used your company for services.

I own a boarding kennel and have been a professional dog trainer for over 30 years, offering both group and private lessons. I have owned my kennel for 27 years. I board mostly dogs and cats but have also cared for other small pets like rabbits, hamsters, and ferrets. I also offer grooming services for dogs and cats. It's been a great business, has given me a good life. I do board a lot of pets for people going to Disney so I hear a lot of trip reports when they get back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom