Where do Disneyphiles work?

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Yes, wras-enfieldwildlife.org.uk, or we are on facebook under 'WILDLIFE RESCUE & AMBULANCE SERVICE (ENFIELD). Thanks for your interest angelbunni :wave:

I will be adopting "Harvey" as soon as I get paid from said Job!! You do great work xx

dave&di

I will be adopting "Harvey" as soon as I get paid from said Job!! You do great work xx

Thanks angelbunni! Harvey is a beast of a rabbit! Very cheeky! I've edited my original post with the details incase I get in trouble for advertising :eek: suddenly realised it may not be allowed!!! But it is mentioned in your quote! Oh well! You are an angel ...bunni! :wave:

Crockett

Banned
My love for Disney & travel has caused me to take a career in the hospitality / tourism industry. I've been front-desk, shift mgr at this hotel since early 2003. Though I am not a college graduate, I have taken several related college courses and received certifications through the American Hotel & Lodging Association in studies of: Front office mgmt/operations, human resource mgmt, & food/beverage control; budget mgmt.

Not the most high-paying career choice out there, but by far the most rewarding in my book. It's something I love doing, and Disney gets the credit for lighting the spark & getting me interested in this particular field.

When on Disney property, I enjoy watching CM's behavior, and how they treat paying guests. Disney CM's are without a doubt the best role models when it comes to how customer service should be done. Their attitude is reflected at how I treat my guests up here.

Like I said before, working at a hotel doesn't get you mega-rich, nor is it easy, but certainly the most rewarding...creating memories for the traveling public. I want to stay in this industry of hotel/travel as long as possible, and still create magic for guests even though we're not at Disney. :)

Foolish Mortal

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.... :lookaroun

:lol:

I work for the Government.

Is that statement valid when it's the Canadian government ? Just kidding Monty !! :lol:

I am an account executive for a televison rep from here in Philadelphia. Bacisally all the commerical you see on TV we put them on air! Yep, even those annoying political ads, but I can't complain b/c the commission on those babies pay for my Disney trips! :ROFLOL:

Would your station employ Ceciley Tynan ?

Seeing all you professionals here is gonna give a complex to this guy who merely works in the frozen foods department at Walmart! :ROFLOL:

Honest days work bro

I work as a drag queen in a traveling burlesque show. I can do things with peanut butter and lawn gnomes that will make your eyes bug out

Unread unread unread

In a big grey building with no groundfloor windows, a high fence and covered in security cameras.

Shocking :eek: :lol:

As for myself, cable guy. Work for Comcast in suburban Philly. If you live in Delaware County PA, chances are I've been in you house ! Although I think we'd know it. If a customer has even a tiny Disney statue/figure I will spot it and start the Disney talk. Met alot of cool people just by talking about their Disney stuff.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I hesitate to post this, but here goes...

Owner/Operator of fuel service stations/c-stores.

I hesitate to post because there are 2 stereotypes that tend to be attached to people in my field...

1. We are crooks. The fact is, 99% of us are not. The price of gas is almost entirely dictated by the refiners. We make pennies on the gallon wether the price is $2 or $4. In fact our profit margin decreases as the price increases.

2. We are all from the middle east. Another misnomer. A fairly significant percentage of gas stations happen to be owned by 2nd and 3rd and 4th generation Americans.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Mimi

Unemployed attorney...will work for food. Bankruptcy anyone? I need to start saving for our next Disney vacation.

jakeman

Fascinating thread!!!

I am a clinical trials quality assurance manager for a pharmaceutical research company. We are contracted by large pharmaceutical companies to conduct their clinical trials. Basically I head the department that makes sure everyone does what they are suppossed to do and all the studies are conducted per all of the laws and regulations. Kind of like a private FDA.

The guy in the office next to me is our staff manager. He is also a Disneyphile and goes several times per year. He is retired Navy.

We have several staff here that are also Disney nuts. The rest of the company couldn't give a crap about Disney.
Are you an auditor?

I'm a Clinical Team Manager for a contract research organization.

MissM

I have a part-time day job where I talk to households in the TV Ratings.

My other job - and what I'd love to quit my boring day job to do all the time - is I run my own jewelry business, PhoenixFire Designs.

Being creative is my passion and I do pretty well at it but I'm just so afraid to make the jump because it's not steady, reliable income. Love says if I had more time to put into it, that would improve. He's probably right but it still scares me. Even though I loathe my day job.

dave&di

I love this thread, it's interesting to see what jobs people we post with have! Is anyone making up a really cool job??? :drevil:

MrsWhiffo

Tattooed Disney Geekster
Thanks angelbunni! Harvey is a beast of a rabbit! Very cheeky! I've edited my original post with the details incase I get in trouble for advertising :eek: suddenly realised it may not be allowed!!! But it is mentioned in your quote! Oh well! You are an angel ...bunni! :wave:

I shouldn't think so as you are a Charity (well at least they shouldn't)! Plus you are Enfields answer to Snow White!!

Padre

Great discussion!

I'm an Associate Pastor of Education and Families, a counselor as well. Began as a Disney freak on our honeymoon and then began serving a church about 90 minutes from WDW. Our kids have been to WDW about 60 times. Now we travel 8 hours to go to Disney twice a year!

Mammymouse

I wish I could be short and sweet but I've done a lot of things. Presently my hubby and I are managing our real estate rentals. That means all the bookkeeping and paperwork, repairs, re-rentals, cleaning and upkeep, stressing over vacancies, worrying over increasing running expenses and decreasing rents because RI is so depressed in the job market, and gardening/grounds upkeep. We are in our 60's (I'm almost 63 and hubby is 68) and have been Disney fans since we first saw the Mickey Mouse Club, the Wonderful World of Disney and Walt on TV as kids - WOW that's over half a century ago!!! Our first visit to the World though was in 1985 and were hooked.

I've done several things through out my years beside raising a son and daughter. I was an insurance policy rater, office and billing clerk for 2 dairies (oh, the new born calves were sooo cute and the bulls were sooo huge!), owner and manager of our 12 unit apartment building, Director and owner of a 40 student day care and nursery school - now we lease out the property/school, self developed and operated a Dunkin Donuts (yes, it was "time to make the donuts" for hubby and I for 6 years - 24 hours a day, everyday) and we sold the franchise to another franchisee and now are the landlord, take care of my 85 year old father's affairs (he's in an Alhzeimer's facility), bought the family home heating oil business and then sold it when the big guys were gobbling up the little guys, owner with hubby and bookkeeper of a commercial HVAC company and then retired/closed it when the economy crashed, and full time baby sitter to our 6 year old granddaughter up until last year when she went to school.

By the way the reason my name here is Mammymouse is because she calls me Mammy and she is a huge Disney nut like us. She couldn't say Grammy when she started to talk - it came out Mammy and it just stuck. And she calls her Grampa - Bippy for the same reasons. We live full time in Florida (since 2006) but have to go back to RI occasionally to take care of our rental stuff. Daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter live in Florida, too so being DVC and living 90 minutes from WDW means we can go there pretty frequently. Now if I lived a little closer than 90 minutes from WDW I would start another "dream career" at the World if they would have me. But selling a house with a mortgage on it in Florida right now is not going to happen, so moving closer is not an option and for now I will have to be just a guest at WDW.

This such an interesting thread - I've enjoyed it so much! And sorry I got so long winded.

I'm a 6 Sigma Black Belt in the engineering standards department of a big yellow tractor company. Also working on my MBA in my spare time between vacationing at disney.
:wave:

Mimi

By the way the reason my name here is Mammymouse is because she calls me Mammy and she is a huge Disney nut like us. She couldn't say Grammy when she started to talk - it came out Mammy and it just stuck. And she calls her Grampa - Bippy for the same reasons.

That is so cute!

dave&di

I shouldn't think so as you are a Charity (well at least they shouldn't)! Plus you are Enfields answer to Snow White!!

I do feel like snow white sometimes, with a robin on my shoulder and a squirrel in my hand! Although they don't do the cleaning. :mad:

Thanks angelbunni, would have replied earlier but my internet connection had a breakdown :dazzle: Now I must sleep!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom