What did you do?

heartodisney

Just in from a sanctioned ride...only did a 50 miler..wanted to do 62 and glad I did not, broke a spoke with 4 miles left, really messed up my average speed! Really did not want to ride a sag vehicle in with a few miles left! Ha Ha!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
You're sick! Do you know that?

(and I'm just jealous)

You sound like my wife! Just kidding...but she did say that.

I also ran out of boardwalk to run on. I reached the end of Asbury Park and Deal Lake, and I was like, "huh. I guess I'll turn back now, plus I'm running out of water."

heartodisney

My husband and I ran at the high school track today, 4.5 miles. I saw a swedish fish and starlight mint on the track.

Isn't it weird what you can see on a run or ride?! One time on the side of the road I saw a pair of old wooden skis...not usable though..and I have seen money..but not much! :lol:

Blueliner

My firm had a retreat in New Orleans this weekend, so I mapped out a route from the business district to Audobon Park and back, all on St. Charles Avenue. The original plan was about 10.25, including a run on the trails around the perimeter of the Audobon Park.

I never really got in a good groove (too much time on my feet on Bourbon Street the night before, I guess), so I decided to skip the run through the park. I think the the run ended up being about 8.5 miles, mostly on the median, where the streetcars tracks are. It is grassy, but a little uneven. It gave my ankles a workout they were not accustomed to.

I got to see Lee Circle, Lafayette Park, the Garden District and Tulane and Loyola (as well as the edge of Audobon Park), so it was a pretty good change of scenery.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.11mi this morning. What a miserable run. Bad mood (unrelated to running) and I couldn't get into my groove. My head just wasn't in it today. :confused:

Perhaps I'll rant in the other thread, "What Did You See?" There are a few nuggets I witnessed that didn't help my sour mood...:mad:

popsicletrees

Welcome to the club! Good luck to both of you.

Thanks so much!

Nice! I need to get your husband to talk to my husband about offering that same deal to me :D

I was shocked when he told me that, but I definitely didn't complain. Plus, it gave me a lot of extra motivation.

I didn't run today. I did a 50 minute cardio routine with a lot of lunges and squats as well as light weight lifting. Lunges and squats are really helping to keep my legs from getting sore. I'll be back on the pavement tomorrow though.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I gotta do this.
I forgot from a year and a half ago when I did the 90 days of P90X that in this workout, you do "banana" for a minute and a half. Holy cow. Dont make me laugh cause my core is so sore.

Also, I will say that it is super frustrating when no matter how much i stretch, if there are lunges involved in a workout, the muscle that is between the groin and the center hamstring (most likely still in the hamstring family) kills me like it has been pulled for days after. Never fails. :fork:

Phonedave

I forgot from a year and a half ago when I did the 90 days of P90X that in this workout, you do "banana" for a minute and a half. Holy cow. Dont make me laugh cause my core is so sore.

Also, I will say that it is super frustrating when no matter how much i stretch, if there are lunges involved in a workout, the muscle that is between the groin and the center hamstring (most likely still in the hamstring family) kills me like it has been pulled for days after. Never fails. :fork:

Bananas and Supermans - ow ow ow

Today I got back on the horse after a week's vacation in WDW. I'll call the W&D 1/2 a training run as well :)

Tonight was 6.27 miles.

First 3 were a mess of bad vibes. Left leg felt great. Right knee, ham, and shin hurt - bad. Brain is going "what the hell is going on, and why do I do this instead of hiking or gym workouts" and then around mile 3.2 everything just dropped. Hey this is fun, I remember why I do this. I was only going to do six, buy my doorstep was another .27 away, so why not run it.

By the end I am thinking Goofy in 2012. That's how I get myself into these messes.

-dave

popsicletrees

I ran for 20 minutes. I'm not sure how far I went. I really need to get a pedometer that will give me a decent guess as to how far I actually went. Then, I did the ab wheel for 3 minutes. I managed 40 reps.

joel_maxwell

Bananas and Supermans - ow ow ow

Today I got back on the horse after a week's vacation in WDW. I'll call the W&D 1/2 a training run as well :)

Tonight was 6.27 miles.

First 3 were a mess of bad vibes. Left leg felt great. Right knee, ham, and shin hurt - bad. Brain is going "what the hell is going on, and why do I do this instead of hiking or gym workouts" and then around mile 3.2 everything just dropped. Hey this is fun, I remember why I do this. I was only going to do six, buy my doorstep was another .27 away, so why not run it.

By the end I am thinking Goofy in 2012. That's how I get myself into these messes.

-dave
The other really bad one is banana rolls (?). Kind of like Superman Banana but you have to pause on the side of banana. :eek:

Yes, I feel that a little today. I think I might cut out the leg portion of the Core Synergictics. Im getting enough leg work from the other 4 days of running. The X Squats can take a hike. So can the lungs. Jezzz. So, I figured I might substitute Ab Ripper X for what I cut out.

Why do I like to punish myself like this. I guess Im just trying to get my lowe back stronger and core stronger. OY!

Wilt Dasney

I ran for 20 minutes. I'm not sure how far I went. I really need to get a pedometer that will give me a decent guess as to how far I actually went. Then, I did the ab wheel for 3 minutes. I managed 40 reps.
If you remember where you went, mapmyrun.com is a big help in figuring out distance. I use it to map out courses of varying distances around my neighborhood.

joel_maxwell

3 miles last night. First time using a Zen approach (counted my right foot hitting the ground up to 10 then started over then entire run)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.15mi yesterday. I was still in a sour mood, but my running form was much better than the day before and I found my groove pretty fast.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.19mi today. Much better mood and my form was much much better. A little strain in my left hip, but it went away around mile 5-6. Perfect weather too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom