What did you do?

Erin_Akey

NINE MILES TONIGHT!!!! MOST WE HAVE EVER GONE AND WITH JUST A FEW WALK BREAKS!! I am so excited! seems like 13.1 is more doable now that we have done nine!

Blueliner

3 miles last night. First time using a Zen approach (counted my right foot hitting the ground up to 10 then started over then entire run)

I am going to have to read that book. I have counted my footfalls before, but usually something like guessing how many more steps it would take to get to the top of the hill, the next stop sign, etc.

I'm going to try to get out tonight after coaching soccer, probably just a five mile run around town.

Figment82

NINE MILES TONIGHT!!!! MOST WE HAVE EVER GONE AND WITH JUST A FEW WALK BREAKS!! I am so excited! seems like 13.1 is more doable now that we have done nine!

Awesome job! I followed Galloway's plan, and 9 miles was the longest we had gone before W&D. I was nervous about those extra 4 miles during the actual race, but after you've gone that far, what's another 4? :) You'll be more than prepared for January!

I've been under the weather the last few days, so my last walk was Sunday (3 miles of brisk walking with some periods of jogging mixed in). We're hoping to get back out for a 5 mile sometime in the next day or so. We're trying to work up to doing more jogging during our walks, adding a little each time out.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Great news. Keep it up. If you can do 9 you can do 10! :sohappy:

I am going to have to read that book. I have counted my footfalls before, but usually something like guessing how many more steps it would take to get to the top of the hill, the next stop sign, etc.

I'm going to try to get out tonight after coaching soccer, probably just a five mile run around town.
Like I said, itis great information, but puts me to sleep reading it. I think I might take a break from the Zen book and start my Non-Runners guide to Marathons. It should be in tomorrow or Saturday. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.37mi this morning. A great run and great weather. 8 min. pace was so steady, that when I uploaded my 305 data, the line graph for pace was almost flat.

I have tweeaked my nutrition a bit for about 2 weeks and it really seems to be doing the trick when it comes to my energy level and fatigue.

Another +10 tomorrow and 22mi on Saturday.

joel_maxwell

Tonight, Sam is sick. SO, I was on kid detail from this morning dropping off (as usual) but I had to go get our daughter this afternoon. Poor thing, she didnt come out of bed but for about 10 minutes all night. That means I didnt get to run this afternoon. Pulling a positive out of a negative, WOW, Im glad I had to wait till 8:15 after Isabeau went to bed. Perfect weather. Seriously. It was by far the best run I have had in 4-5 months. 57 degrees. Dark outside. 3 mile run so said the schedule. I could have gone 20 it felt like.

Just effortless. Im looking forward to cooler weather. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Tonight, Sam is sick. SO, I was on kid detail from this morning dropping off (as usual) but I had to go get our daughter this afternoon. Poor thing, she didnt come out of bed but for about 10 minutes all night. That means I didnt get to run this afternoon. Pulling a positive out of a negative, WOW, Im glad I had to wait till 8:15 after Isabeau went to bed. Perfect weather. Seriously. It was by far the best run I have had in 4-5 months. 57 degrees. Dark outside. 3 mile run so said the schedule. I could have gone 20 it felt like.

Just effortless. Im looking forward to cooler weather. :D

1. Sorry about the wife being sick; I know how that goes. :hurl:
2. Don't know anything about kid detail :D
3. Can't wait to get up at 3AM and start running in the dark; gotta get new headlamp (wife says, "you are running when???)
4. Cooler weather, for sure.

joel_maxwell

1. Sorry about the wife being sick; I know how that goes. :hurl:
2. Don't know anything about kid detail :D
3. Can't wait to get up at 3AM and start running in the dark; gotta get new headlamp (wife says, "you are running when???)
4. Cooler weather, for sure.
It is the kind where if she stands up, she feels like she will puke. Hopefully, today will be better for her and she can go back to work.

Hey, what can be better than singing "Wheels on the Bus" upon request while we are having bath time. Running can definitely wait.

Ill be doning 5am around here. Even after DST kicks in and it gets light earlier, it will still be dark for a mile or two. That will be so nice. It was a little scary in a few sections... but I have run these streets for a year now so it is almost like I know exactly where all the little bumps are.

I wish I had worn my HR monitor last night. I just had to get out and go. I didnt have time for all my affects. I felt fast and my hR didnt seem to get over 170, averaged about 165-168

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It is the kind where if she stands up, she feels like she will puke. Hopefully, today will be better for her and she can go back to work.

Hey, what can be better than singing "Wheels on the Bus" upon request while we are having bath time. Running can definitely wait.

Ill be doning 5am around here. Even after DST kicks in and it gets light earlier, it will still be dark for a mile or two. That will be so nice. It was a little scary in a few sections... but I have run these streets for a year now so it is almost like I know exactly where all the little bumps are.

I wish I had worn my HR monitor last night. I just had to get out and go. I didnt have time for all my affects. I felt fast and my hR didnt seem to get over 170, averaged about 165-168

I haven't worn my HRM in so long. Maybe today I will.

Another 10+ miles today at some point. Dreading it because winds are supposed to be pretty strong today...I hate wind.

Ariel484

35-minute run yesterday, and it felt amazing in the cooler weather. "Official" training for the Princess Half starts 1 month from today! :sohappy: :king:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I like it against my back pushing me. :D

Yeah that's great...but when it's pushing against me (front) it feels like 50lb weights on my legs!

Awful run yesterday because of, said wind. A gust got a hold of me and threw me off a sidewalk almost into traffic...ok a single black pick-up truck which was still a good distance away, enough for me to collect myself and move on.
Hey Dave, are you getting this crazy wind up in north Jersey??? It blows (no pun intended :D) here at the beach.

Boardwalk was even worse.

6.24miles was it. Today is my long run. I'll bring enough water this time and gels...22-26 miles.

Later...

Phonedave

Yeah that's great...but when it's pushing against me (front) it feels like 50lb weights on my legs!

Awful run yesterday because of, said wind. A gust got a hold of me and threw me off a sidewalk almost into traffic...ok a single black pick-up truck which was still a good distance away, enough for me to collect myself and move on.
Hey Dave, are you getting this crazy wind up in north Jersey??? It blows (no pun intended :D) here at the beach.

Boardwalk was even worse.

6.24miles was it. Today is my long run. I'll bring enough water this time and gels...22-26 miles.

Later...

It was windy in North NJ yesterday. I am up in RI today, and it is all kinds of windy up here too.

Today I did 6.15 miles on the hotel treadmill.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I hate the wind...

20.39 miles just now. Took a gel shot (honey stinger organic) around mile 16. I should take it around 13 though. Crazy winds, but overall a great run.

Cheers.

joel_maxwell

It was windy in North NJ yesterday. I am up in RI today, and it is all kinds of windy up here too.

Today I did 6.15 miles on the hotel treadmill.

-dave
6 Miles this morning. 8:24 pace... I need to get that down about 1 minute per. 44 degrees at start, 48 at finish. AWESOME feeling.

I hate the wind...

20.39 miles just now. Took a gel shot (honey stinger organic) around mile 16. I should take it around 13 though. Crazy winds, but overall a great run.

Cheers.
Where do you get that. Sounds yummy and good for you. I took a GU 15 minutes before my run and for some reason... it almost made me puke. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
6 Miles this morning. 8:24 pace... I need to get that down about 1 minute per. 44 degrees at start, 48 at finish. AWESOME feeling.

Where do you get that. Sounds yummy and good for you. I took a GU 15 minutes before my run and for some reason... it almost made me puke. :D

Honey stinger is organic, no funny ingredients or preservatives. Just honey and electrolytes. It's the only one that doesn't make me puke or get queezy. You can get them at Eastern Mountain sports and RRS just started carrying them. Love 'em.

joel_maxwell

Honey stinger is organic, no funny ingredients or preservatives. Just honey and electrolytes. It's the only one that doesn't make me puke or get queezy. You can get them at Eastern Mountain sports and RRS just started carrying them. Love 'em.
Ill have to try those. Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom