What did you do?

Erin_Akey

A HUGE CONGRATS to all of you who ran the Wine and Dine!!! That is so awesome!!! We ran 7 miles today.. Slowly working up to that 13.1!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
*hits the floor* NO WAY. :lol:

Im taking 2 more days off I think. I have a 5K for breast cancer this weekend at a local park. I cant decide if I shall work on my 5K speed or just run it freely and just jog. Depends on the weather. I would like to pull a few miles at a 7:15ish pace.

Pick your jaw up off the floor, I don't want to make this "rest" stuff a habit :D

Good luck at the breast cancer 5k. Great cause and I think I will be doing one as well. I have a family member who went through that; awful stuff.

Anyway, whatever you decide, jog or flat out run, good luck to you. I'm hitting the asphalt in a few.

Oh, what we discussed before about art and our careers, I'll PM you the new website.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Pick your jaw up off the floor, I don't want to make this "rest" stuff a habit :D

Good luck at the breast cancer 5k. Great cause and I think I will be doing one as well. I have a family member who went through that; awful stuff.

Anyway, whatever you decide, jog or flat out run, good luck to you. I'm hitting the asphalt in a few.

Oh, what we discussed before about art and our careers, I'll PM you the new website.
Ah great. I didnt want to ask and pester you. Ill check the PM. :wave:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
6.31 miles yesterday. Short distance, but I'm attempting to be a smarter runner, easing back in after the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. 72+ miles last week.

This week starts my "training" for the ultra. I'm not one for training plans, but I think an ultra callls for some sort of structure. :D

Today is a 10+ mile run. Tomorrow thru Friday is the same. Saturday is a 22 mile run or a slow paced 4.5 hours. :hurl:

popsicletrees

I made a deal with my husband that if I train for a 1/2 marathon that we will make a special trip to WDW to run one. I really want to do the Wine & Dine 1/2 someday, but I'm not sure when we will actually get a chance to go down at this time of the year. He told me the other day that if I keep running we can do as many running events at WDW that I want. :sohappy:

I say all that to say that I am training. I didn't run today. I did an upper body workout and yoga instead. However, we ran suicides yesterday for about 30 minutes. My abs are screaming at me today.

fractal

OK - Back in the grove!

Ran 5 miles today in just perfect weather.

Was flying the last mile - felt great.

Now off to my daughter's field hockey game!

Erin_Akey

Today was my first time running without my husband with me in a LONG TIME. He was at a meeting and I didn't want to skip, so off I went. I did 3.2 miles and it felt very good. NO WALK BREAKS- which was a big victory for me!

joel_maxwell

Back in the groove myself. 3 miles today. I have a 5K Breast Cancer run Saturday and Im going to try and run it very fast. I think Ill shoot for a 7 minute mile.

Erin_Akey

Do you know of any 5k in or near Birmingham or Tuscaloosa next Saturday? Hubby and I are staying in Hoover for the Bama game and will get there Friday. We were thinking of running a race in the morning on Saturday since the game isn't until 5pm.

Wilt Dasney

I made a deal with my husband that if I train for a 1/2 marathon that we will make a special trip to WDW to run one. I really want to do the Wine & Dine 1/2 someday, but I'm not sure when we will actually get a chance to go down at this time of the year. He told me the other day that if I keep running we can do as many running events at WDW that I want. :sohappy:

I say all that to say that I am training. I didn't run today. I did an upper body workout and yoga instead. However, we ran suicides yesterday for about 30 minutes. My abs are screaming at me today.

Welcome to the club! Good luck to both of you.

Wilt Dasney

Do you know of any 5k in or near Birmingham or Tuscaloosa next Saturday? Hubby and I are staying in Hoover for the Bama game and will get there Friday. We were thinking of running a race in the morning on Saturday since the game isn't until 5pm.
I found this calendar that might be helpful for you. I don't know much about Alabama, so I don't know where all the towns listed here are located in relation to Birmingham or Tuscaloosa.

http://running.net/alabama-running-calendar

Edit: Another...

http://www.getsetal.com/running-calendar.php

joel_maxwell

Ill be down at the Ole Miss game too. Ill look for you. :wave:

I found this calendar that might be helpful for you. I don't know much about Alabama, so I don't know where all the towns listed here are located in relation to Birmingham or Tuscaloosa.

http://running.net/alabama-running-calendar

Edit: Another...

http://www.getsetal.com/running-calendar.php
There you go. Beat me to it.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Back in the groove myself. 3 miles today. I have a 5K Breast Cancer run Saturday and Im going to try and run it very fast. I think Ill shoot for a 7 minute mile.

Go for it Joel, and good luck. I did a 7 min mile my last 5k a couple of months ago and I was like, "Oh, the finish line already?" It's such a great feeling at the end, but yours should be even better because of the wonderful cause.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.12 miles yesterday at about an 8:30 pace. Great weather, but wasn't too thrilled with the route I chose. I typically run north on the boardwalk or parallel street; views of the ocean and the McMansions are nice. BUt yesterday was backroads and tons of intersections, etc...

Tomorrow is my long-a__ run. 22-26 miles at a slower pace, or about a 4.5 hour run.

joel_maxwell

Go for it Joel, and good luck. I did a 7 min mile my last 5k a couple of months ago and I was like, "Oh, the finish line already?" It's such a great feeling at the end, but yours should be even better because of the wonderful cause.
Im about to head out to get to work, but yes, it should be fun. Whether we realize it or not, we all are associated with someone that has been affected by this. Even men.

Have a great day all.

Ariel484

Nice! I need to get your husband to talk to my husband about offering that same deal to me :D

Yesterday - 30 minute run that felt pretty good.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I totally didn't bring enough water for this run. I played it smart and cut it short instead of being dehydrated.

18.14mi today at a 10:20 pace.

Cheers everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom