What did you do?

WishIwasThere

Thanks fractal. Yeah, everyone I've mentioned it to are all saying, "You're crazy..." Oh well. It is something I want to do. I've been doing experimental runs seperate from my daily routine; going as long as I can at a slow steady pace and not worrying about mileage so much, but more about the length of time I can be on my feet. I'm doing pretty well.

BEST case scenario, provided no major injuries, proper nutrition, mental focus, etc...I calculate I would be able to finish the NJ 100 miler (March 2011) in about 21 hours. It starts on a Saturday at 4am and has to be completed by 10am on Sunday.

Anyway, 10.84 miles yesterday. Tomorrow I'll go for a 4.5 hour run. :hurl:

Wife wants to do one of these someday...personally I think its nuts...but before I did it...I thought running a couple hours was nuts.

Good luck to you. :sohappy: (better you than me, jk)

MKCP 1985

My Nike distance calculator died on me, so I had to buy a replacement. I spent a little time yesterday calibrating the new one for both walking and running, and ended up with 4 miles in a 45 minute workout, so I call that "tapering." :lol:

I am so ready to head down to Florida for the Wine & Dine. Funny, I don't think I'll be doing much of either. This race should be called Run & Sweat, but at least the weather is trending towards cooler and less humid. :p

Phonedave

Yesterday was an easy 4 miles.

First 1/2 mile or so I had some serious knee twinges. My right knee alway aches. The orthopedist did an MRI and told me it is built wrong. Some things don't line up, and either I can learn to deal with it, or he can "take my knee apart and then rebuild it"

It is normaly just a dull sort of pain, but yesterday there were some real "zaps" from it. Then suddenly, nothing. There is still a little pain, but not as much, and at the end of 4 miles I felt GREAT.

Hopefully I feel the same way on Saturday night :)

No more running until the Wine & Dine.

-dave

Erin_Akey

Six miles tonight!!! After a long day at work!!! AND to top it all off, pace was under 15:00....(don't laugh, that's good for me!)
Not as fast as the 5k I ran Saturday- my pace was 13:57- which was a MAJOR PR for me!

I am trying to add a mile a week between now and the middle of December before we start our two week taper leading up to the Half.

WishIwasThere

Six miles tonight!!! After a long day at work!!! AND to top it all off, pace was under 15:00....(don't laugh, that's good for me!)
Not as fast as the 5k I ran Saturday- my pace was 13:57- which was a MAJOR PR for me!

I am trying to add a mile a week between now and the middle of December before we start our two week taper leading up to the Half.

See, you are almost back up to that 8 mile mark...after that its gravy.

Trust me, no one is laughing at you. We are all rooting for you!!!

Great job on the PR. :sohappy:

fractal

Awesome!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.30 miles yeserday in pouring rain on the boardwalk, and a seagull decided to drop a bomb on my shorts. BUt the rain washed it away.

Running The Jersey Shore Half Marathon tomorrow morning at 9am.

Going to get a full physical and clean bill of health next week from my doctor before registering for the NJ ultra 100miler.

Good luck to all the W&D runners!

Honor

Booked DVC Member Cruise today

Skipped a 5K Race this morning to be able to book the 2011 DVC Member Cruise. But it was raining pretty hard at race time so that was a good decision. Ran 3.5 on Thursday night (after a hard day at work). I will run my own 5K later today.

Wilt Dasney

No Wine & Dine for me, but I did finish 9 miles in 1:49...a new personal long, and 1/3 of the WDW full distance. Really starting to believe I can do this, instead of just telling myself "Well, I signed up, so I'd better try." :)

G'luck to everyone doing the W&D tonight! Joel, Doug, Phonedave(?), and all others!

WishIwasThere

I ran my first official 1/2 marathon today. :sohappy:

I did it in 2:19 at a ~10:30 pace. Much faster than what I was expecting, and that was with rolling hills. I am all set to send the results in to WDW to get myself into a corral.

A few more longer runs like this and I will ge golden for the WDW 1/2 in January.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ran the Jersey Shore Half Marathon yesterday.

Clock - 01:49:03.

I was trying for sub 02:00:00 and I did sub 01:50:00, very happy with that time.

Local Turkey Trot next, then the Disney 1/2 Marathon, then the NJ Ultra Marathon.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Thanks Joel. I was trying to keep a nice comfortable pace the whole time.

Would you believe I actually took a rest day today?! :eek:
*hits the floor* NO WAY. :lol:

Im taking 2 more days off I think. I have a 5K for breast cancer this weekend at a local park. I cant decide if I shall work on my 5K speed or just run it freely and just jog. Depends on the weather. I would like to pull a few miles at a 7:15ish pace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom