What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
71.33 miles for the week (Mon-Sun), not including timed training for the ultra. Legs feel pretty good.

Cheers to those who got off their rear-ends today!

Texas84

Officially started training for my first half at WDW this January. Using Jeff Galloway's plan. I've only run 5K's up to now. Did a slow 4.7 miles this AM, felt good. Beautiful weather!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
P90X Core Synergistics and Ab Ripper X (well, most of it. My core was so worn out I couldn't sit up without rolling over first) :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I did my last scheduled long run on Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon plan. 10.1 miles today...felt good, but had to push a bit the last half mile....

Feels good to be done and on schedule, and now I just have to maintain and build up to 13 miles.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I did my last scheduled long run on Hal Higdon's 1/2 marathon plan. 10.1 miles today...felt good, but had to push a bit the last half mile....

Feels good to be done and on schedule, and now I just have to maintain and build up to 13 miles.

Getting to 13 is gonna be a slice of pie, keep up the hard work!

10.37mi just now. Fantastic weather and a strong steady run.

Cheers.

joel_maxwell

3 Miles today per the plan. I love how "an easy jog" turns into an 8 minute mile pace by mile 2. I swear I just dont have a 1st gear. :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.40 yesterday. Dumb weather. I bundled up because it was a bit chilly in the morning. ABout 1/3 into my run it all of sudden turns uncomfortably warm...so now, there are other runners on the boardwalk in tanks and light shirts...here comes Donald Duck, with wool cap, headbuff used as a neck warmer, long sleeves, sweatshirt, gloves, etc...

Such a dumb-a__ I am .

Blueliner

Earlier in the week I mapped out a training plan for an Olympic distance triathlon. Although there are no triathlons in my immediate future, I felt like I needed to diversify a bit, especially after having tendinitis-type issues in the last few weeks leading up to the Wine & Dine.

Yesterday, I got started with a 3 mile run, followed by a 5 mile swim. Today, the plan is for an 8 mile bike ride (likely on a stationary bike at the Y or on my bike+trainer at home), followed by some weight training.

I liked the run + swim workout. The swimming provided a bit of an active recovery from the run.

Blueliner

10.40 yesterday. Dumb weather. I bundled up because it was a bit chilly in the morning. ABout 1/3 into my run it all of sudden turns uncomfortably warm...so now, there are other runners on the boardwalk in tanks and light shirts...here comes Donald Duck, with wool cap, headbuff used as a neck warmer, long sleeves, sweatshirt, gloves, etc...

Such a dumb-a__ I am .

I hate it when that happens. I think it is a seasonal thing, trying to figure out what will be comfortable when the wether is shifting to fall/winter.

joel_maxwell

Earlier in the week I mapped out a training plan for an Olympic distance triathlon. Although there are no triathlons in my immediate future, I felt like I needed to diversify a bit, especially after having tendinitis-type issues in the last few weeks leading up to the Wine & Dine.

Yesterday, I got started with a 3 mile run, followed by a 5 mile swim. Today, the plan is for an 8 mile bike ride (likely on a stationary bike at the Y or on my bike+trainer at home), followed by some weight training.

I liked the run + swim workout. The swimming provided a bit of an active recovery from the run.
WOW. Nice Job. I wish we were still members of the Mtn Brook Y. I liked it there. I liked the bubble on the pool too during the winter months. I have never been a swimming, I would like to get into it, but WOW, 5 mile swim is impressive.

How long does that take?

I hate it when that happens. I think it is a seasonal thing, trying to figure out what will be comfortable when the wether is shifting to fall/winter.
This is why here in Bham, I either run at 5 in the afternoon were most likely it is only going to get cooler or 5 in the morning. Our weather right now is crazy at times.

Blueliner

WOW. Nice Job. I wish we were still members of the Mtn Brook Y. I liked it there. I liked the bubble on the pool too during the winter months. I have never been a swimming, I would like to get into it, but WOW, 5 mile swim is impressive.

How long does that take?

This is why here in Bham, I either run at 5 in the afternoon were most likely it is only going to get cooler or 5 in the morning. Our weather right now is crazy at times.

Oh my gosh, what a monster typo! It was a 500 yard swim. :hammer:

Keep up the good work on your marathon training. If you are looking for a way to get to first gear on an easy run day, bring me along, as I will surely slow you down.

joel_maxwell

Oh my gosh, what a monster typo! It was a 500 yard swim. :hammer:

Keep up the good work on your marathon training. If you are looking for a way to get to first gear on an easy run day, bring me along, as I will surely slow you down.
OK... not that I wish you could swim 5 miles, but man I was impressed. But now, I think of 500 yards and Im still am. Nice Job. That is 450 more yards than I could probably make it. I really wish i could get into a pool to start a cross training day or swimming.

:lol: That is funny. Im serious though. I mentally say, "run slow, take your time." and then I start doing my counting of my right foot and before you know it, my cadence is back up. Obviously it is my counting and those recovery slow Tuesday's I should really not worry with mentally trying to zone out and just check out the neighborhood.

joel_maxwell

Just got back from Denver...ran the Rock 'N Roll Denver half marathon on Sunday.
How was the RnR event. I want to do Nashville this next year. It is a steep price compared to a lot of the local events. Just want to make sure it is up there with Disney quality for $135 entry fee plus travel and lodging.

Tonight was race pace: 3 miles, 22.30 - 7:30 pace. Per the plan.

Blueliner

About 10.80 miles on the stationary bike last night. The days are getting short, and I think it is going to be hard to get out on the road on my bike other than on the weekends.

The plan is to run and swim today, but it may just be a run with a bike/swim tomorrow.

lukacseven

How was the RnR event. I want to do Nashville this next year. It is a steep price compared to a lot of the local events. Just want to make sure it is up there with Disney quality for $135 entry fee plus travel and lodging.

Tonight was race pace: 3 miles, 22.30 - 7:30 pace. Per the plan.

I've run the Philly Distance Run before Rock 'N Roll took over. It was one of the worst organized events I've ever done. I didn't run it this year. In comparison, the Denver RnR was a very good event. The course was gorgeous and they did I really nice job with the finish line area. It was a bit spread out, but was organized well. They had a lot of snacks/drinks and kept the runners' only area secure. Medals are really nice and heavy, but the ribbon is cheesy. The shirts are short-sleeve Brooks tech shirts. They also ran a promo for indoor heated bathrooms at the start line if you spent $100 or more at the expo.

joel_maxwell

I've run the Philly Distance Run before Rock 'N Roll took over. It was one of the worst organized events I've ever done. I didn't run it this year. In comparison, the Denver RnR was a very good event. The course was gorgeous and they did I really nice job with the finish line area. It was a bit spread out, but was organized well. They had a lot of snacks/drinks and kept the runners' only area secure. Medals are really nice and heavy, but the ribbon is cheesy. The shirts are short-sleeve Brooks tech shirts. They also ran a promo for indoor heated bathrooms at the start line if you spent $100 or more at the expo.
Huh. Thanks for the write up. I am thinking about the Nashville. I have heard good things and it is a challenging course with a lot of hills. :D

Call me cheap, but $100 for heated bathrooms? I mean, how long would you actually be hanging out in there. I think I would pass and just load up on some goodwill clothes to ditch at the race to stay warm... while ______'ing on a bush.

joel_maxwell

Oh, tonight. 3 miles per the plan. I ran the hilly course. 6 different hills with a distance of 100-150 meters a piece. On the inclines, I ran as hard as I could while on the flat section, I tried to calm down and find my 2nd gear to recover. Just trying to mix in some hill/tempo work.

23.36 total time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom