What did you do?

Phonedave

5 Today

Thought the better of doing 10 six days before the Wine and Dine

I run on Tues and Wed as well.

Tae Kwon Do on Monday is always a crap shoot. We may do an hour of forms, which is nice and relaxing, or we may have all out sparring, which can leave you hurting. Depends on what my instructor decides to dish up.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
67.33 miles last week (Mon-Sun). I missed my goal by just a few miles, trying to get 70 miles in a week.

Oh well. It was a great week of running anyway.

Cheers.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
67.33 miles last week (Mon-Sun). I missed my goal by just a few miles, trying to get 70 miles in a week.

Oh well. It was a great week of running anyway.

Cheers.
So close, but so 2.67 miles away. Nice job.

Today was 4 miles with my new shoes. I think I might have finally found my shoe. You know, the shoe that you dont even try on when you buy them 2 or 3 times a year. That shoe. Mizuno Inspire 6's.

4 miles felt great. I still have a little leg soreness, but I think that is carried over from the old shoes that were worn out.

31.10 - 7.47 pace

Phonedave

5 Today

Thought the better of doing 10 six days before the Wine and Dine

I run on Tues and Wed as well.

Tae Kwon Do on Monday is always a crap shoot. We may do an hour of forms, which is nice and relaxing, or we may have all out sparring, which can leave you hurting. Depends on what my instructor decides to dish up.

-dave

Well, today was Monday, and it started out OK.

Warm-up and stretching - thats cool.

Then higher belts in the lower class (that would be me) had to go work on kicks on the heavy bag for about 20 minutes. - OK, legs are a little tired but thats OK.

Oh - do you all have your sparring equipment with you? (of course we do). Then gear up.

So that's about 45 minutes of sparring with my class.

Then of course I have to hang around when the advanced class comes in so I can spar with them for another 45 minutes.

It was neat, I threw a kick and felt my right calf muscle go *poing*. It is still a little achy but I can tell it will be fine in the AM.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Well, today was Monday, and it started out OK.

Warm-up and stretching - thats cool.

Then higher belts in the lower class (that would be me) had to go work on kicks on the heavy bag for about 20 minutes. - OK, legs are a little tired but thats OK.

Oh - do you all have your sparring equipment with you? (of course we do). Then gear up.

So that's about 45 minutes of sparring with my class.

Then of course I have to hang around when the advanced class comes in so I can spar with them for another 45 minutes.

It was neat, I threw a kick and felt my right calf muscle go *poing*. It is still a little achy but I can tell it will be fine in the AM.

-dave
*drinking hot tea while reading the forum*

When I saw that you quoted yourself, I didnt like where this was going. I knew something like an injury was lurking. How does it feel this am?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
So close, but so 2.67 miles away. Nice job.

Today was 4 miles with my new shoes. I think I might have finally found my shoe. You know, the shoe that you dont even try on when you buy them 2 or 3 times a year. That shoe. Mizuno Inspire 6's.

4 miles felt great. I still have a little leg soreness, but I think that is carried over from the old shoes that were worn out.

31.10 - 7.47 pace

Thanks Joel. I am really trying to increase my mileage and increase how long I can run for an endeavor I have been toying with for a couple of months...the ultra marathon - 100 miler. Yes it seems extreme and crazy (wife puts her face in her hands, shakes head, and says, "what the hell are you doing to me?!?"). It is a completely different mindset, and completely different way of running than a marathon. But I've been toying with the idea; going a slow super long runs everyday, not tracking mileage, but just seeing how long I can go without dropping, 3.5 hours, 4 hours, 4.5 hours, and I seem to be just fine with that right now. I've been researching and reading other ultramarathoners tips, advice, etc...I need to do more with my running to see if I can make a decision by Christmas.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Anyway, 10.51 miles yesterday on a treadmill :eek:. Yes, I said treadmill. It was storming like crazy yesterday, and normally I like running in the rain, but my neighbor had given me and my wife a free 7 day guest pass to their ultra-yuppie sports club and I thought I would check it out (my wife really wants to join for the spinning and the aerobics).

So, 10.51 miles on a really hi-tech treadmill, but I did not watch TV on it. Ran at 7:30-8 min pace.

Blueliner

Good work, everyone. Phonedave, I hope the leg is doing well this morning.

I did a five mile run around town at about 8:00 last night. We finally seem to have a little bit of fall weather coming into Birmingham, and it was quite pleasant. I kept a short stride/high cadence and tried to stay at around my lactate threshhold for the run. It went well, and I had no pain in my right foot (for a change). I spent extra time stretching afterward, and everything feels good today.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep a good pace and meet my goal of 1:59:59 on Saturday night. At this point, I have no sure how things will turn out, but I'm just happy to be getting down there and running around WDW at whatever pace I can maintain.

Joel, come on over after we bounce back from this race, and we can run the trails around Homewood and Mountain Brook. Of course, you'll have to slow down considerably so I can keep up.

Phonedave

*drinking hot tea while reading the forum*

When I saw that you quoted yourself, I didnt like where this was going. I knew something like an injury was lurking. How does it feel this am?

I can feel it, but it does not hurt, if that makes any sense.

If I flex my calf I can tell that *something* happend to it, but it is not pain.

I'll run this afternoon and see what happens.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I can feel it, but it does not hurt, if that makes any sense.

If I flex my calf I can tell that *something* happend to it, but it is not pain.

I'll run this afternoon and see what happens.

-dave

Feel better Dave. It's cerrtainly not the same, but when I was practicing judo for a number of years, I just didn't even want to get out of the bed!

joel_maxwell

Thanks Joel. I am really trying to increase my mileage and increase how long I can run for an endeavor I have been toying with for a couple of months...the ultra marathon - 100 miler. Yes it seems extreme and crazy (wife puts her face in her hands, shakes head, and says, "what the hell are you doing to me?!?"). It is a completely different mindset, and completely different way of running than a marathon. But I've been toying with the idea; going a slow super long runs everyday, not tracking mileage, but just seeing how long I can go without dropping, 3.5 hours, 4 hours, 4.5 hours, and I seem to be just fine with that right now. I've been researching and reading other ultramarathoners tips, advice, etc...I need to do more with my running to see if I can make a decision by Christmas.
I am committed to the Full this next year too. You are taking a possible big step and I am too. Let 2011 be a good year for both of us.

Anyway, 10.51 miles yesterday on a treadmill :eek:. Yes, I said treadmill. It was storming like crazy yesterday, and normally I like running in the rain, but my neighbor had given me and my wife a free 7 day guest pass to their ultra-yuppie sports club and I thought I would check it out (my wife really wants to join for the spinning and the aerobics).

So, 10.51 miles on a really hi-tech treadmill, but I did not watch TV on it. Ran at 7:30-8 min pace.
I only completed 5 of 8 miles on a treadmill once during a day like you are having. I just couldnt do it. I was as sore as I would have been from running 10 on pavement.

Good work, everyone. Phonedave, I hope the leg is doing well this morning.

I did a five mile run around town at about 8:00 last night. We finally seem to have a little bit of fall weather coming into Birmingham, and it was quite pleasant. I kept a short stride/high cadence and tried to stay at around my lactate threshhold for the run. It went well, and I had no pain in my right foot (for a change). I spent extra time stretching afterward, and everything feels good today.

Hopefully, I'll be able to keep a good pace and meet my goal of 1:59:59 on Saturday night. At this point, I have no sure how things will turn out, but I'm just happy to be getting down there and running around WDW at whatever pace I can maintain.

Joel, come on over after we bounce back from this race, and we can run the trails around Homewood and Mountain Brook. Of course, you'll have to slow down considerably so I can keep up.
The weather did change a bit yesterday. It was a lovely run. Just hot enough to break a good sweat, but I could really tell my HR and breathing was down. I checked my monitor after wards to confirm.

I will. I have to jump back into a schedule 2 weeks after W&D. I am taking a week off and then doing a 5K down at Lynn park for the breast cancer society. It is really just to donate and participate. I might try and run my best 5K pace and practice. After that, it would be fun to run with someone and I wouldn't mind slowing up and enjoying the scenery a bit. :D

fractal

Got in 4 miles today before my daughter's field hockey game.

Fall sports is putting a serious dent in my running time.

Phonedave

Did 5 miles yesterday.

No pains other than the normal ones :)

I ran a different route and made some mental miscalculations. I figured by the time I would be leaving a certain section of the park I would have about .25 miles left. As I am nearing that point, I am saying to myself "man that was easy" - then I look at my watch and I have over a mile left to go. That stunk :)

-dave

DisneyRunner

I ran 4.36 miles at the Y. I debated running outside by my house, but I had a library book to return. I have to pass by the library on the way to the Y.

fractal

3.5 miles today.

Donald,

A guy I coached with does ultra marathons. He had to explain it to me a few times because I refused to believe he would run for 50 to 100 miles at a time.

He's also over 50 which made it more unbelievable ( and made me feel pretty pathetic ).

Good luck with it though. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
3.5 miles today.

Donald,

A guy I coached with does ultra marathons. He had to explain it to me a few times because I refused to believe he would run for 50 to 100 miles at a time.

He's also over 50 which made it more unbelievable ( and made me feel pretty pathetic ).

Good luck with it though. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

Thanks fractal. Yeah, everyone I've mentioned it to are all saying, "You're crazy..." Oh well. It is something I want to do. I've been doing experimental runs seperate from my daily routine; going as long as I can at a slow steady pace and not worrying about mileage so much, but more about the length of time I can be on my feet. I'm doing pretty well.

BEST case scenario, provided no major injuries, proper nutrition, mental focus, etc...I calculate I would be able to finish the NJ 100 miler (March 2011) in about 21 hours. It starts on a Saturday at 4am and has to be completed by 10am on Sunday.

Anyway, 10.84 miles yesterday. Tomorrow I'll go for a 4.5 hour run. :hurl:

WishIwasThere

Did a nice and easy 5 miles last night. Getting ready for my 1/2 marathon on Sunday. This will hopefully provide my a decent time to put me in a corral for the WDW 1/2 in January. Shooting for 2:30 and since I've done a couple runs of 13 miles in well under that...I should make it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom