What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Roaming the earth during a 25 miler the other day
Im looking forward to my 27 mile trail run in 2 weeks. Im going to keep my phone out a lot of the time for some pictures, since there are a few places that have incredible titles like, "The Heavens" which is the highest point, but higher than the tree line and you can see the massive Lake Martin.

It shall be a fun day. Hope the knee holds up. I think the softer terrain will help even though there is more elevation change. A bit slower pace too.

Mr mom

what a great week for me, got 4 weight workouts in, 5 abdominal workouts and 68.3 miles run. I feel like I am getting back on track from what has been a mixed up winter. Spring training should be awesome.

Only a short run today 9.3 miles

joel_maxwell

what a great week for me, got 4 weight workouts in, 5 abdominal workouts and 68.3 miles run. I feel like I am getting back on track from what has been a mixed up winter. Spring training should be awesome.

Only a short run today 9.3 miles
Congrats on getting back.

I love being able to say that a 9 miler is a sort of long run. :D

joel_maxwell

A little over 1 mile in the pool today in 250 yard increments after warm up. Really figuring out good arm posture in the water. Granted, the day a trainer/coach got a hold of me, I bet I am using really bad form or technique. Best I can do with the "teach yourself" way.

16 miles in the morning.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
2 Miles this morning followed by a good weights session. Trying to put on a little bit of muscle without sacrificing anything from my running. I'll need a little more muscle for my new work appointment.

imagination30

a cold, but not to cold 36 degrees this morning , but a beautiful run.. of 9.35 in 1:27:15 , have to start geting back to my long runs , bc im 51 days out till the country music half in nashville:)

GoofyRacer11

I decided to register for the CrossFit Open competition, which for me started yesterday. Workout 13.1 consisted of the following:

17 minute AMRAP (as many reps as possible)
40 burpees/30 snatches @ 75lbs.
30 burpees/ 30 snatches @ 135lbs.
20 burpees/30 snatches @ 165lbs.
10 burpees/as many snatches as possible @ 210lbs.

I ended up with 100 official reps, because I knew there was no way I was going to snatch 135lbs. I finished the 100 reps in 10:00 so I just continued snatching 75lbs. until time was up. I had an additional 26 snatches. No workout today because I have to pack for my Disney cruise that leaves tomorrow and have to wake up at 3am to get to the airport!

bethram

13.12 miles this morning at 9:17 pace, 2:01:55 total. This is the first time I've run this distance since I ran the Princess Half in 2011 and I've shaved about 8 minutes off my time. I've got an official Half in two weeks and I hope to get it down to 2 hours.

For those of you who track elevation change, if my total ascent was 1868 and total decent was 1809 do you put that together for a complete total or do you just say a elevation change of 1868. I'm just curious since I've never tracked it before. Thanks!

joel_maxwell

16 miles Saturday morning. A touch a spring in that run. 47 at start, short sleeve compression shirt and 54 at finish. Had a hard time running slow, ar at least at my desired slower pace.

I bought a Tommie Copper knee sleeve that seemed to work pretty well. I ordered per their recommendations on size, but might try a size smaller. It didnt slide down once over 16 miles, but I would like a little more snug rather a "gentle" compression like they describe. I think the "Copper" technology claim is complete crap, and always have, but the compression part felt good.

Texas84

4.08 miles today at 10:30 pace. Feeling good. Beautiful morning, 55F at start, slight breeze. Then washed the car.

13.12 miles this morning at 9:17 pace, 2:01:55 total. This is the first time I've run this distance since I ran the Princess Half in 2011 and I've shaved about 8 minutes off my time. I've got an official Half in two weeks and I hope to get it down to 2 hours.

For those of you who track elevation change, if my total ascent was 1868 and total decent was 1809 do you put that together for a complete total or do you just say a elevation change of 1868. I'm just curious since I've never tracked it before. Thanks!

Nice pace! I wouldn't worry too much about the GPS elevation. It can be very inaccurate. Better to find a topographic map of your area.

16 miles Saturday morning. A touch a spring in that run. 47 at start, short sleeve compression shirt and 54 at finish. Had a hard time running slow, ar at least at my desired slower pace.

I bought a Tommie Copper knee sleeve that seemed to work pretty well. I ordered per their recommendations on size, but might try a size smaller. It didnt slide down once over 16 miles, but I would like a little more snug rather a "gentle" compression like they describe. I think the "Copper" technology claim is complete crap, and always have, but the compression part felt good.

It is crap. But if it gives someone a mental edge, go for it!

Kristia

I like having a lower drop, hence the reason I run in Kinvara's most of the time. However, they have no arch support. I was looking at the Saucony Mirage, as it boasts the Kinvara's heel to toe drop, but seems to have a bit more support.
I second the Superfeet inserts. I have been using them for a few years to help with some extra support.

Kristia

4 miles @10:48 pace yesterday. Love the spring weather we are having! It was great to run in no wind and 55 degree weather!

bethram

3.74 miles at 8:32 per mile, I think that's the fastest I've ever pushed myself. It was 56 degrees and windy, almost 20 degrees warmer than last Monday.

joel_maxwell

I second the Superfeet inserts. I have been using them for a few years to help with some extra support.
How many pairs of shoes do you get out of 1 insert? As i stated, with the old Saucony's, Id get 3 pairs of shoes or 1200 miles. Now with Hoka's, It might be just 1-2 pairs of shoes since I currently have 700 miles on my Hoka's and they are still going strong.

JillC LI

Dropped my car off for service yesterday morning and then ran a 7 mile route home. Felt good to combine my workout with an errand (and my hubby was happy not to have to get up early to pick me up from PepBoys). Must've pushed a tad harder than usual because my right quad is rather sore today. Gonna run 5 later in the beautiful 50 degree weather to try to ease out the pain.

joel_maxwell

Dropped my car off for service yesterday morning and then ran a 7 mile route home. Felt good to combine my workout with an errand (and my hubby was happy not to have to get up early to pick me up from PepBoys). Must've pushed a tad harder than usual because my right quad is rather sore today. Gonna run 5 later in the beautiful 50 degree weather to try to ease out the pain.
Ive done that too. Nice job Jill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom