What did you do?

JillC LI

4 miles on TM this morning doing that increasing pace intervals workout I started a few months ago. Did NOT want to get out of bed when the alarm clock rang, but I did of course.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
4 miles on TM this morning doing that increasing pace intervals workout I started a few months ago. Did NOT want to get out of bed when the alarm clock rang, but I did of course.
Nice job Jill. Similar situation here... but I was "stuck" in a dream. Has that ever happened to anyone. My alarm was going off and I couldnt wake out of it. I was hitting snooze and dont remember. Only happens about once or twice a year.

Ill make up my run tonight.

JillC LI

Nice job Jill. Similar situation here... but I was "stuck" in a dream. Has that ever happened to anyone. My alarm was going off and I couldnt wake out of it. I was hitting snooze and dont remember. Only happens about once or twice a year.

Ill make up my run tonight.
Yep , that's definitely happened to me. Afterwards you're not quite sure if the dream was real or a dream.

joel_maxwell

Yep , that's definitely happened to me. Afterwards you're not quite sure if the dream was real or a dream.
I was more P.O'd that I missed my cycle and weights day, but ill just go run 4 or 5 miles and that should suffice.

The bad dream/night terror was actually about my Ultra (I say that lightly since it is technically only 27 miles) coming up. I was running through the woods and my watch kept falling off. In my dream, I had to have it at each aid station instead of yelling out your bib number. So, Id back track and find it. Then, since I have never run this trail before, I was getting turned around, lost and running out of resources (per Nick and I's conversation that morning about water vests) Woke up sweating when I heard my daughter crying at 6:30.

Im a believer that some dreams can be mild premonitions, or at least they are your fears coming out, so you can mentally tackle them before the actual event. Glad I got it over with.

joel_maxwell

4.25 miles last night in 36:01.

33 laps this morning or 1 mile in the pool. Getting crowded in there since spring is coming. Should be interesting in 2 weeks. They are taking the bubble off the pool. The water is heated, but the air will be the obvious low for the day. Today it was in the upper 40's. Gonna make that getting undressed and into the pool like a transition in a triathlon. Speedy!

Mr mom

back to colder weather 28 degrees today with light snow falling on me but the sidewalks were clear, chalked up another 11.8 miles. 56 for this week, not bad plus 4 weight workouts and 5 ab workouts. all in all a good week

imagination30

Today , wow!! felt really good , weather wise and stamina wise, I took my GU chomps with me for the second time since i have only use them once.. From miles 2-4 i felt like i was gliding.. i could feel my self taking bigger strides.. , it even felt like i was floating it was that great of a run today.. , but as for the chomps i only took 2 , one at mile 6 .. and then one a one the home streach mile 12... but i Maned up and did 13.37 , with a pace of 9:10 in 202:45 , i hit mile 13.1 , at 1:57 :11, Good weather , Good run , as nick says run Hard!!

bethram

13.5 miles in 2:06:45. I hit 13.1 at 2:02:55, one minute slower than last week but around mile 7 I found some of the steepest hills I've ever run so I can't complain that I was a little slower this today.

My first official half in two years is one week from today at my alma mater, I'm excited!

Kristia

St. Patty's Day Bordentown 5k today. Had a PR for a 5K @ 31:02. I clocked myself at 30:48 and I thought that I had a pace of under 10 min/mile. It was a chip timed race, but only at the end. I think they started the clock for everyone at the same time (only 500 runners) and only chipped the finish. I finished 18th out of 62 in my age group which is awesome for me since I am usually in the bottom third. Good day!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Yesteray: 23 miles on asphalt with my pacer.

Speed work.

More trails this week and incorporating a second daily run: dragging a tire attached to my pack via rope.
So, a 20-25 mi trail run in the morning and then a tire drag 5-10k late afternoon/early evening.

40 mile race this coming Saturday.

Train hard folks.

bethram

Nick, now you're scaring me. :D

Atlanta Publix half this morning. PERFECT weather. 50 at start, 60 at finish. 5 minutes off my PR. Give this one a try if you're in the southeast. Really nice layout. I'll do a report and post some pics maybe later today.

Congratulations! I had a friend from college who ran the full.

How were the hills? There were a ton of hills on the Hot Chocolate so I didn't even entertain the idea of the Atlanta Half.

Mr mom

17.4 miles today and it was not easy. I'm back in the deep freeze. strong winds and -4 with the wind chill. had to scrape the ice off my beard again. I had really hoped that weather was behind me for another year. And joy oh bliss a snowstorm on the way. Nice way to welcome spring.

LindsayLoves

What I did yesterday: NYC Half.

Highlight #1: Running down a nearly empty 7th Ave to 42nd St. Definitely one of those "I only get to have this moment because of running" which is always nice to appreciate.

Highlight #2: Took 7 minutes off of my old 1/2 PR with a finish time of 1:57:15. Autopilot turned on around mile 9 and just flew down the end of the course. I was shooting for anything under 2 hours so I definitely surprised myself. :D

The weather was in the 30s which was great for running once my hands regained feeling around mile 2. Even though it was sunny running in the shadows of buildings in Manhattan made sun exposure only possible for about 35% of the race.

JillC LI

and incorporating a second daily run: dragging a tire attached to my pack via rope.

Geez Louise! How heavy is that tire?!

17.4 miles today and it was not easy. I'm back in the deep freeze. strong winds and -4 with the wind chill. had to scrape the ice off my beard again.

Your mileage may not be as high as Nick's but I'd definitely say you're a bad*ss like him!

What I did yesterday: NYC Half.

Highlight #1: Running down a nearly empty 7th Ave to 42nd St. Definitely one of those "I only get to have this moment because of running" which is always nice to appreciate.

Highlight #2: Took 7 minutes off of my old 1/2 PR with a finish time of 1:57:15. Autopilot turned on around mile 9 and just flew down the end of the course. I was shooting for anything under 2 hours so I definitely surprised myself. :D

The weather was in the 30s which was great for running once my hands regained feeling around mile 2. Even though it was sunny running in the shadows of buildings in Manhattan made sun exposure only possible for about 35% of the race.

Congrats Lindsay. Sounds like a great race. I watched snippets on TV.

St. Patty's Day Bordentown 5k today. Had a PR for a 5K @ 31:02. I clocked myself at 30:48 and I thought that I had a pace of under 10 min/mile. It was a chip timed race, but only at the end. I think they started the clock for everyone at the same time (only 500 runners) and only chipped the finish. I finished 18th out of 62 in my age group which is awesome for me since I am usually in the bottom third. Good day!

Good for you Kristi! Lots of PRs this weekend.

As for me, I slipped in a 6 mile outdoor run midday on Saturday. Felt strong despite the headwinds. More snow headed our way today.

joel_maxwell

Per the taper schedule this week, 2 miles this morning. I am incredible tight and sore from yard work yesterday, so I followed the schedule and didnt go more like I usually do.

Mixing things up this week to get my cycle and swim in. Probably early week for both. Cycle most likely in the am.

Nick and I had some great text conversations this weekend. Im just very thankful that this forum (section) was created since it has led to new friends. Happy Monday everyone and spring break for some.

Texas84

Congratulations! I had a friend from college who ran the full.

How were the hills? There were a ton of hills on the Hot Chocolate so I didn't even entertain the idea of the Atlanta Half.

Thanks! I didn't have a problem with the hills. Not sure if I could have done a marathon on them though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom