What did you do?

WishIwasThere

Anyone heard from Erin Akey? I know she was on track to run the W&D and I dont think she has posted in a month in the "What did you do?" thread.
I was wondering the same thing. SHe hadn't posted anything in a while. Hope shes doing ok. I beleive that she is doing the 1/2 in January.

She's definitely an inspiration to these posts.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
10.27 mi yesterday. The weather has been really nice.
Nice run. I wish it was cooler down here. I have 14 in the morning and I would love a 60 degree chill in the air to start it off at 5:30ish. Looks like it will be around 68ish. Hey better than 80 or 90 and hot.

Blueliner

Nice run. I wish it was cooler down here. I have 14 in the morning and I would love a 60 degree chill in the air to start it off at 5:30ish. Looks like it will be around 68ish. Hey better than 80 or 90 and hot.

Good luck tomorrow. I ran 11 miles this morning, starting at about 5:20 a.m. It was kind of humid to start. Shortly after sunrise, it felt nice, although I was drenched with sweat.

My legs felt good, but my foot issue seemed to crop up at about mile 6. It was kind of painful, but not debilitating, so I just kind of pushed through it. It actually hurts less running than walking, truth be told. It still hurts now, but it ought to get a little better as the day progresses.

I see some cross-training in my future (after October 2, of course).

fractal

Got in 4 miles yesterday before my son's waterpolo match.

Weather was cooler and crisper and the legs and lungs loved it!:D

DisneyRunner

It was a little cool to start the day and I had to get on with the show. I went to the YMCA and did a fartlek workout on the treadmill, 6.06 miles.

joel_maxwell

Good luck tomorrow. I ran 11 miles this morning, starting at about 5:20 a.m. It was kind of humid to start. Shortly after sunrise, it felt nice, although I was drenched with sweat.

My legs felt good, but my foot issue seemed to crop up at about mile 6. It was kind of painful, but not debilitating, so I just kind of pushed through it. It actually hurts less running than walking, truth be told. It still hurts now, but it ought to get a little better as the day progresses.

I see some cross-training in my future (after October 2, of course).
Good job pushing through. Wouldnt it be nice if we knew that our current ache or pain was only going to last the next (insert distance here) instead of wondering if it was going to last the entire run. :lol: Just make it through the W&D and then rehab.

I really had planned on running one of my 4 milers this week as a 10 minute pace, but I always seem to have only 2 paces. 1) normal pace where Im slightly pushing 2) so slow that it is just annoying and not worth it.

I have no medium pace. So, I ended up running both runs this week at a pretty good pace so Im a bit sore for tomorrow. I think getting in bed an hour early will help and is critical.

Cross Training? I think I might try next summer to start training for a sprint triathlon that occurs mid August on Lake Guntersville. It will be something new. I have a friend that has gotten into mini tri's and loves it. I would just have to solve the pool issue and rejoin the Y or something.

It was a little cool to start the day and I had to get on with the show. I went to the YMCA and did a fartlek workout on the treadmill, 6.06 miles.
*snickers*

joel_maxwell

Working that plan

13.1 miles tonight.

two weeks till I do it again :)

-dave
Nice Dave.

This morning at 5:30. 14 miles myself. It was a little hotter that my last long run by 10 degrees. Oy!

Really sore starting my run this morning and looking forward to the taper and resting up these next 2 weeks. 14 miles - 1:56:28

13.1 on my watch was around 1:49:19. Ill take that in 2 weeks. About 5 minutes off my best time, but Ill take it. :D

Phonedave

Nice Dave.

This morning at 5:30. 14 miles myself. It was a little hotter that my last long run by 10 degrees. Oy!

Really sore starting my run this morning and looking forward to the taper and resting up these next 2 weeks. 14 miles - 1:56:28

13.1 on my watch was around 1:49:19. Ill take that in 2 weeks. About 5 minutes off my best time, but Ill take it. :D

Nice times

I just sort of plod along. 2:28 for the 13.1

I tell myself I have to remember the time it took when I waited at traffic lights, and when i stopped in a deli to buy water :)

So that took what, 3 minutes - so 2:25 :D

-dave

joel_maxwell

Nice times

I just sort of plod along. 2:28 for the 13.1

I tell myself I have to remember the time it took when I waited at traffic lights, and when i stopped in a deli to buy water :)

So that took what, 3 minutes - so 2:25 :D

-dave
:lol:

Nice Dave.

Remember a few posts ago, it is like I have 1 pace and 1 pace only. It is quite bothersome sometimes.

Wilt Dasney

7 miles at an 11:17 clip clip tonight. That's my longest run to date and maybe more important, it officially puts me over 1/4 of the way to marathon distance! 2 weeks down, 16 to go.

DisneyRunner

Just two miles today. It started raining after mile one. That is okay, because my left arch feels like it has a cramp. I don't want an injury.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
62.43 miles last week (Monday-Sunday)

I am content with that number. I had a plan to make it 80-90 miles a week by October, but I think that's pushing it. Perhaps December.

Cheers.

joel_maxwell

62.43 miles last week (Monday-Sunday)

I am content with that number. I had a plan to make it 80-90 miles a week by October, but I think that's pushing it. Perhaps December.

Cheers.
Wait till it gets a little cooler. 62.43 miles in this weather is like 80-90 in much cooler weather... IMHO.

Blueliner

Nice Dave.

Great job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom