What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
First I went out to RRS.

I picked up some of those spiffy injinji socks. They also had some Nike cool max shorts with built in compression shorts (I like 2 in 1 shorts) but get this, they have a small zip pocket sewn into them right in the waistband at the small of the back. How cool is that? So I had to buy them too. :)

Ran 12 miles today in the new socks and pants. (Getting ready for Wine and Dine :) )

Verdict - the socks are nothing special. My feet did not get quite a numb as normal, but I don't know if thats from the socks. They are very nice though, with no seams, but at $11 a pair, I don't see me buying loads of them.

The pants are great. Pocket holds a packet of GU Chomps perfectly and there is a small inner pocket where I stuck my key and some money (for a water stop). Only problem with the shorts is they chafe a bit. I didn't notice till I got home though. Some body glide should take care of that in the future.

-dave
I was skeptical of the injinji socks to begin with for my use. I dont have a problem with my toes rubbing together. The only thing I have is my second toe on my left foot is very slightly longer than my big toe. Just enough to rub a small callas. On my right foot it doesn't do it since my toes are perfectly even. Weird.

Sounds cool about the shorts. I love finding "finds" like that and especially if they have secret compartments.

Phonedave

I was skeptical of the injinji socks to begin with for my use. I dont have a problem with my toes rubbing together. The only thing I have is my second toe on my left foot is very slightly longer than my big toe. Just enough to rub a small callas. On my right foot it doesn't do it since my toes are perfectly even. Weird.

Sounds cool about the shorts. I love finding "finds" like that and especially if they have secret compartments.

I never had problems with blisters or rubbing toes either. When I looked at the socks I noticed they had no seams. Sometimes seams bother me until I run them into submission. I gave them a try, and they are nice. If they were priced the same as normal socks (or even a dollar or two more per pair) I would use them. But as I said, for $11 a pair, wow, I'll pass.

-dave

joel_maxwell

I never had problems with blisters or rubbing toes either. When I looked at the socks I noticed they had no seams. Sometimes seams bother me until I run them into submission. I gave them a try, and they are nice. If they were priced the same as normal socks (or even a dollar or two more per pair) I would use them. But as I said, for $11 a pair, wow, I'll pass.

-dave
I usually stay away from Nike products, but I was desperate for some dry fit socks this past spring/summer. I was at Academy one day to pick up some GU and saw they had packs of 3 nike running compression like socks on sale for $9. The have real tight elastic on the arches and some thicker material on the heal and toe. They are dri fit so that is a plus too. I liked them enough I picked up another pair Friday. The only seam they have are above the toe about 1 inch back.

The funny thing is, they have an "L" and a "R" on the socks since they have to be worn on that foot. :lol: I really dont think it matters.

EDIT. Oy! I forgot to post today's run. 4 miles and 1 of those run as fast as you can. My fastest mile since I started timing those this summer came in today. 6:15. YES!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Nobody is trying to get you banned or mad.

This thread is in a section of WDWMagic called "Running at WDW" - which concentrates on the sport of running while at WDW.

This thread is called "What did you do" and is where people post what sort of training they are doing in preparation for running in WDW races.

Your post

Has nothing to do with running or training at all. That's what we are trying to say.

-dave

really? because the main title is what did you do today.

joel_maxwell

Are you old enough to see a PG movie? Im just curious since I could swear you have to be in the 6 or 7 year old range. Maaaybe 8. You absolutely have no clue. How do you get around during the day?

Hold that thought *plays elevator music* Ok, it appears that you might actually be an adult after one of you posts in another thread referring to your "office". This is actually quite scary since most adults learn the technique of "reading between the lines" by the time they reach adulthood. Im not sure what your intelligence level is, and I wouldn't make fun of that since you can't really help it, but I will go on record and say that you sure did one thing right when you joined this forum, you picked a damn good screen name; WondersOfLife.

I couldn't have picked that any better. :wave:

NO...the title is WHAT DID YOU DO?

This thread is under the RUNNING AT WDW forum.

Put two and two together and quit posting stuff in the wrong forum or you will be banned. There are rules to follow on any forum.

I think it's time for a refresher course for some people:

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Save your energy Doug. Im smelling troll or just a complete dumb ______. Ive tried being nice and gently explaining the situation to the young jedi with mild humor and then a more serious approach. To be quite honest, I have enjoyed this persons idiocy but it has been enough. :D

Now, off this thread drift and what did you do today? Opps, I mean, what did you do?

Phonedave

WDWMAGIC.COM Forums > Walt Disney World > WDW Parks General Discussion > Running at WDW
What did you do?

"what did you do?" under the sub forum "Running at WDW"

If you are really that obtuse, then why not post what you truly did today?

"Got up, fell over the cat, took a shower, fell over the cat again, ate some breakfast, realized I don't own a cat, ..... "

-dave

WondersOfLife

Are you old enough to see a PG movie? Im just curious since I could swear you have to be in the 6 or 7 year old range. Maaaybe 8. You absolutely have no clue. How do you get around during the day?

Hold that thought *plays elevator music* Ok, it appears that you might actually be an adult after one of you posts in another thread referring to your "office". This is actually quite scary since most adults learn the technique of "reading between the lines" by the time they reach adulthood. Im not sure what your intelligence level is, and I wouldn't make fun of that since you can't really help it, but I will go on record and say that you sure did one thing right when you joined this forum, you picked a damn good screen name; WondersOfLife.

I couldn't have picked that any better. :wave:

Save your energy Doug. Im smelling troll or just a complete dumb ______. Ive tried being nice and gently explaining the situation to the young jedi with mild humor and then a more serious approach. To be quite honest, I have enjoyed this persons idiocy but it has been enough. :D

Now, off this thread drift and what did you do today? Opps, I mean, what did you do?

12 years old. I'm an actor, I live in an old gym with an apartment built into it, soon to be a theatre. Right now i'm touring beauty and the beast, i'm homeschooled, and my office is a small office tucked under the stairs. I'm often bullyed and stepped around on for loving disney and i have a lisp. 7th grade. i also might be the first outside guest to get a tour of a disney outlet near spartanburg SC. my cousin works there. they had to get mailing from california back to SC to get approval. i'm finally starting to get some dates in for my tour, it's been about 3 months. :) and go to www.baillieplayers.com if you don't believe i'm an actor.

WondersOfLife

WDWMAGIC.COM Forums > Walt Disney World > WDW Parks General Discussion > Running at WDW
What did you do?

"what did you do?" under the sub forum "Running at WDW"

If you are really that obtuse, then why not post what you truly did today?

"Got up, fell over the cat, took a shower, fell over the cat again, ate some breakfast, realized I don't own a cat, ..... "

-dave

sorry didn't see that part

joel_maxwell

12 years old. I'm an actor, I live in an old gym with an apartment built into it, soon to be a theatre. Right now i'm touring beauty and the beast, i'm homeschooled, and my office is a small office tucked under the stairs. I'm often bullyed and stepped around on for loving disney and i have a lisp. 7th grade. i also might be the first outside guest to get a tour of a disney outlet near spartanburg SC. my cousin works there. they had to get mailing from california back to SC to get approval. i'm finally starting to get some dates in for my tour, it's been about 3 months. :) and go to www.baillieplayers.com if you don't believe i'm an actor.
So you are old enough to see a PG movie. Actually, anyone can, it stands for Parental Guidance is suggested but when I was your age, we snuck into all the R rated movies. But that is neither here nor there. I was just being funny (or smart in some circles).

Ok ok, we forgive you. Lord, that written description above could seriously be a screen play that you might need to write and/or make me curl up in the corner with a 5th of Jack and cry because I feel bad for you. No one likes to be picked on for what they are passionate about.

Look, we are all cool with everyone on this site as long as they are cool. If you are really going to be a actor, and I hope you get your dream, you need to see a film called Pulp Fiction one day. There is a guy named Jules played by Samuel Jackson. One of his famous lines in the film is "be cool." That is all we want everyone to be. Just be cool, unless you are FlowersChild and then I would want to kiss a railroad track as a Norfolk comes screaming by.

:wave:

BTW, I looked on the captions of that link you posted and I didn't see WonderOfLife on any of the actors names so I could tell which one you were. :shrug:

Remember what uncle Jules said, "Be Cool."

Phonedave

No harm, no foul.

Now we can get back to what sort of running we did today.

And by the way, kudos to you, it take a big person to realize when they made a mistake and say a simple "sorry".

And I would hold off on the Pulp Fiction viewing for now. Really, it is an EXCELLENT movie, and one of my favorites. But I would not let my 12 year old watch it just yet.

I am pretty open with what I let my kids watch, read about, talk about, etc. But Pulp Fiction is still a few years off.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Wow, I'm gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose on our little thread! I don't even want to know...

JOEL: thanks for the concern earlier..."missing person's report for Donald Duck...":D

Oh well, relatively low mileage this past week as I was prepaing myself for the Brielle 10k race on Saturday down the road from me. One of NJ most difficult courses due to the multiple steep hills (which I actually handled pretty well. Lots of people had trouble, but I had no issues, surprisingly because I don't like hills!)

I came in 93rd place but had the same clock time (00:51:17) as the guy ahead of me in 92nd place. It was a fun race, but some people who seemed in really great shape (more than I've seen at oher races) puking or collapsing.

So, last week:
tues: 13.21 mi
wed: 10.14 mi
thurs: 3.67
fri: 7.10 mi
sat: 10k race
sun: 4.37 mi

joel_maxwell

No harm, no foul.

And by the way, kudos to you, it take a big person to realize when they made a mistake and say a simple "sorry".

And I would hold off on the Pulp Fiction viewing for now. Really, it is an EXCELLENT movie, and one of my favorites. But I would not let my 12 year old watch it just yet.

I am pretty open with what I let my kids watch, read about, talk about, etc. But Pulp Fiction is still a few years off.

-dave
In the middle of the night, I turned over and for a split second I thought of young WonderOfLife seeing a few scenes in the film and I knew I had to post something. You beat me to it Dave. My joke about him seeing this (partially serious) went south. Yes, wait till you are much older. Much older.

I agree Dave, it does take a lot to come back and admit when you are wrong. Once I found out his age, I felt really bad about calling him a DA. That isnt cool to call a 12 year old that. So, I apologize too.

Now, lets get back to the thread once again and "What did you do?" :wave:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Oh, and I couldn't have asked for a better bib numberfor the race...13 :D
I was so happy. Wife said, "only you would want that number..."

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
No harm, no foul.

-dave

Ditto Dave..."Do they speak English in What?...ENGLISH, MFr, do you speak it?!"

joel_maxwell

Wow, I'm gone for a few days and all hell breaks loose on our little thread! I don't even want to know...

JOEL: thanks for the concern earlier..."missing person's report for Donald Duck...":D

Oh well, relatively low mileage this past week as I was prepaing myself for the Brielle 10k race on Saturday down the road from me. One of NJ most difficult courses due to the multiple steep hills (which I actually handled pretty well. Lots of people had trouble, but I had no issues, surprisingly because I don't like hills!)

I came in 93rd place but had the same clock time (00:51:17) as the guy ahead of me in 92nd place. It was a fun race, but some people who seemed in really great shape (more than I've seen at oher races) puking or collapsing.

So, last week:
tues: 13.21 mi
wed: 10.14 mi
thurs: 3.67
fri: 7.10 mi
sat: 10k race
sun: 4.37 mi
WOW, on a 10K. Puking and collapsing. Yikes. I have a phobia of vomit so I would have either run really fast away from said people of if it was in the middle of the course been in real big trouble.

Yes, I was about to put another APB out on you. :lol:

All hell did break loose and we had a little fun but I think things are back to normal now. Glad to see you back and good time on the 10K. I hate hills too, but with that said, I usually pull them quick because of my hatred towards them. Use those quads and pull up that leg.

Oh, and I couldn't have asked for a better bib numberfor the race...13
I was so happy. Wife said, "only you would want that number..."
NICE. I would want that for the ToT race.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
WOW, on a 10K. Puking and collapsing. Yikes. I have a phobia of vomit so I would have either run really fast away from said people of if it was in the middle of the course been in real big trouble.

Yes, I was about to put another APB out on you. :lol:

All hell did break loose and we had a little fun but I think things are back to normal now. Glad to see you back and good time on the 10K. I hate hills too, but with that said, I usually pull them quick because of my hatred towards them. Use those quads and pull up that leg.

NICE. I would want that for the ToT race.

Yeah I saw most of the puking after the race. The only one before was a guy who ran off the course 50 feet before the finish to puke 3 times in the grass.

I was hoping for 00:45:00 but the hills were REALLY steep.

WondersOfLife

So you are old enough to see a PG movie. Actually, anyone can, it stands for Parental Guidance is suggested but when I was your age, we snuck into all the R rated movies. But that is neither here nor there. I was just being funny (or smart in some circles).

Ok ok, we forgive you. Lord, that written description above could seriously be a screen play that you might need to write and/or make me curl up in the corner with a 5th of Jack and cry because I feel bad for you. No one likes to be picked on for what they are passionate about.

Look, we are all cool with everyone on this site as long as they are cool. If you are really going to be a actor, and I hope you get your dream, you need to see a film called Pulp Fiction one day. There is a guy named Jules played by Samuel Jackson. One of his famous lines in the film is "be cool." That is all we want everyone to be. Just be cool, unless you are FlowersChild and then I would want to kiss a railroad track as a Norfolk comes screaming by.

:wave:

BTW, I looked on the captions of that link you posted and I didn't see WonderOfLife on any of the actors names so I could tell which one you were. :shrug:

Remember what uncle Jules said, "Be Cool."

My name's Milner

Blueliner

I did a ten mile run on Friday afternoon (after resting my foot for three days). The lower outside part of my right foot started to hurt pretty badly, again, after about 7 miles.

I have tried to self-diagnose, and I am thinking it might be peroneal tendonitis. This is exactly where the pain is coming from (where the tendon attaches to the outermost metatarsal). From what I've read, this usally affects people with high arches (which I don't have). So I am going to chalk it up to having some really bad running form and tight calf muscles.

It's a bummer to be so close to the Wine and Dine and have this sprout up. Hopefully, I'll keep it under control and get to the finish line in one piece.

joel_maxwell

Yeah I saw most of the puking after the race. The only one before was a guy who ran off the course 50 feet before the finish to puke 3 times in the grass.

I was hoping for 00:45:00 but the hills were REALLY steep.
Ewwe!

My name's Milner
The J in jmaxwell007 is for Joel. Nice to know your name Milner. :wave:

I did a ten mile run on Friday afternoon (after resting my foot for three days). The lower outside part of my right foot started to hurt pretty badly, again, after about 7 miles.

I have tried to self-diagnose, and I am thinking it might be peroneal tendonitis. This is exactly where the pain is coming from (where the tendon attaches to the outermost metatarsal). From what I've read, this usally affects people with high arches (which I don't have). So I am going to chalk it up to having some really bad running form and tight calf muscles.

It's a bummer to be so close to the Wine and Dine and have this sprout up. Hopefully, I'll keep it under control and get to the finish line in one piece.
Ah man. I hope that it heals before the race. Keep ice on it and hopefully it will work itself out.

You never know, maybe if it flares up during the race, the adrenaline will kick in and get you that last 5.1 miles.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom