What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Good job! It is just too darn hot here..I do not get a chance to ride early in the morning..gotta watch the toddler..but mom-in-law will be moving in next weekend (no, it will be a GOOD thing!). Then, will really be able to ride much more early! Right now, just the P.O.S. (piece of shineola) on the trainer in the garage, and it is hot there even with the door open, but no sun beating down on me! :rolleyes: :wave:
:lol:

I love how you had to mention that.

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
5 miler this evening. It's nice and cool up here tonight. Think I'll get in thre morning and go out for another 5 or so.

joel_maxwell

my scheduled called for 3 magic miles. Jog 1, run 2nd as fast as you can, rest 5 minutes, jog 3rd.

Got done a little while ago. 6:23 on my second mile. It was a little hilly. Id like to see what I would do on all flat. Probably only a 15 second difference.

Oh well. Im exhausted.

Blueliner

Friday after work was the tempo run.

1 mile warm up
4 miles tempo run
1 mile cool down

My training schedule called for an 8:30 pace during the 4 mile tempo run. It ended up being more like 8:00, 8:00, 8:15, 8:45, for an average of 8:15. I felt good that I made it through the workout, although during the last 1.5 miles of the tempo run I was hanging on for dear life. I could feel my running form kind of breaking down. As sick as it sounds, I have to say that I am enjoying the tempo runs and speedwork.

This week is supposed to be a step-down week, with a lighter, easier training load. With the way my work week is shaping up, the timing of the step-down week is ideal.

Keep up the good work everyone.

joel_maxwell

Friday after work was the tempo run.

1 mile warm up
4 miles tempo run
1 mile cool down

My training schedule called for an 8:30 pace during the 4 mile tempo run. It ended up being more like 8:00, 8:00, 8:15, 8:45, for an average of 8:15. I felt good that I made it through the workout, although during the last 1.5 miles of the tempo run I was hanging on for dear life. I could feel my running form kind of breaking down. As sick as it sounds, I have to say that I am enjoying the tempo runs and speedwork.

This week is supposed to be a step-down week, with a lighter, easier training load. With the way my work week is shaping up, the timing of the step-down week is ideal.

Keep up the good work everyone.
What schedule are you on? Is it online?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Yesterday:
Sea Girt, NJ 5k (I walked to the race, it's right down the road from me)
Chip Time: 25:30
379th place out of 1733 runners
280th place in male out of 859
35th place in division
8:27 pace

After the race:
3.24 miles

Blueliner

What schedule are you on? Is it online?

6:23 pace on your hilly mile? :eek: Great job.

In terms of a training plan, I had initially started with the "intermediate" 10K and half-marathon plans on www.halhigdon.com. About the beginning of June, I switched over to a training plan I created using the SmartCoach program at www.runnersworld.com. You plug in a recent time at any distance, the number of weeks you have left until the race, your average mileage per week, how hard you want to train (maintenance, moderate, hard, very hard), and then it spits out a program. The main difference was that the Runner's World program gives you some paces to aim for during your runs. That has helped me.

Blueliner

Yesterday:
Sea Girt, NJ 5k (I walked to the race, it's right down the road from me)
Chip Time: 25:30
379th place out of 1733 runners
280th place in male out of 859
35th place in division
8:27 pace

After the race:
3.24 miles

Great work! You're a machine. Your training volume blows my mind.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thanks. I have a few more races coming up this month and in September. I also have the Jersey Shore Half Marathon in October.
My wife just shakes her head...

joel_maxwell

In terms of a training plan, I had initially started with the "intermediate" 10K and half-marathon plans on www.halhigdon.com. About the beginning of June, I switched over to a training plan I created using the SmartCoach program at www.runnersworld.com. You plug in a recent time at any distance, the number of weeks you have left until the race, your average mileage per week, how hard you want to train (maintenance, moderate, hard, very hard), and then it spits out a program. The main difference was that the Runner's World program gives you some paces to aim for during your runs. That has helped me.
Thanks. It was just one mile as fast as you can. It was hilly in some places... but I really only think it would shave 15 seconds or so off since you are not sprinting, but running all out were you couldnt run another 100 yards at that pace.

WOW. I might have to look at this. Usually, I do the schedule on marathonrookie.com, http://www.marathonrookie.com/half-marathon-training.html , but this time I wanted to experiment with Jeff Galloway and his schedule. It is almost within 1-3 miles per week total the same, just structured a little different. I think it will prepare me just as the other one did, but unfortunately, I wont be able to compare the 2 races on the other schedule and the 1 on this schedule (completely different environments). Ill be able to tell how I feel i guess and that will help me decide either to return to the old, stick with this one or try something new for the next one on February.

Great work! You're a machine. Your training volume blows my mind.
Me too. Great work. I wouldnt be able to walk if I ran that much. Maybe, just maybe when I was in my mid 20's again and no children at home... maybe. :D

Thanks. I have a few more races coming up this month and in September. I also have the Jersey Shore Half Marathon in October.
My wife just shakes her head...
Will Snookie be there. *snicker*

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thanks. It was just one mile as fast as you can. It was hilly in some places... but I really only think it would shave 15 seconds or so off since you are not sprinting, but running all out were you couldnt run another 100 yards at that pace.

WOW. I might have to look at this. Usually, I do the schedule on marathonrookie.com, http://www.marathonrookie.com/half-marathon-training.html , but this time I wanted to experiment with Jeff Galloway and his schedule. It is almost within 1-3 miles per week total the same, just structured a little different. I think it will prepare me just as the other one did, but unfortunately, I wont be able to compare the 2 races on the other schedule and the 1 on this schedule (completely different environments). Ill be able to tell how I feel i guess and that will help me decide either to return to the old, stick with this one or try something new for the next one on February.

Me too. Great work. I wouldnt be able to walk if I ran that much. Maybe, just maybe when I was in my mid 20's again and no children at home... maybe. :D

Will Snookie be there. *snicker*

That show is so insulting and embarassing. It is all those morons who DON'T live here and clog up our streets during the summer weekends...trust me, that crap on TV is such BS...GO HOME BENNYs!!!:hurl:

And thanks, I love adding up my mileage at the end of the week!:hammer:

joel_maxwell

That show is so insulting and embarassing. It is all those morons who DON'T live here and clog up our streets during the summer weekends...trust me, that crap on TV is such BS...GO HOME BENNYs!!!:hurl:

And thanks, I love adding up my mileage at the end of the week!:hammer:
I have never watched 1 episode. Unfortunately, I have to see those DB's faces on media outlets websites. Drives me nuts.

Ariel484

Thank you for posting this! I've been unhappy with the program I've been using and am going to give this one a shot :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Slow relaxed run this morning since my knees are a bit sore.

8.32 miles at a 9:00 min pace. (give or take a few seconds)

Cheers to everyone who hits asphalt today...

Blueliner

I finished a 4 mile easy run a few minutes ago at about a 9:15 pace, which was about 40 seconds/mile faster than my traning plan called for. More 4 mile runs later this week, and then back to speedwork and a nine mile long run next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom