What did you do?

Ariel484

My mind tried to tell my body to quit or shorten my workout 3 times Sunday. It is tough. If you survive and tough it out, it is huge confidence building in yourself and what you can overcome.

I know, I really feel like I just need to get through one complete workout and it will really help me a lot. Oy :eek:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
8.24 miles @ 9 min pace. Going to get some new red Yankz! laces at local running store. Cheers.
I feel better. Mine was a 9:16 pace :lol: Im not such an old man after all.

Sunday was a 4 mile run, which went fine. I am planning on 8 miles today.
How did the run go?

Ouch! In the past, I have liked running around the parks (Caldwell, Rushton, etc.) and near the Highland golf course (i.e., part of the Vulcan Run route). I am not sure how you can avoid the sun in your face at that time of day, though. I imagine any north-south route from your house would involve Red Mountain. :hurl:
You cant unless I did a weird zigzag route and kept the sun on my side. I like knowing someone else that knows my routes and can visualize them. :D

I know, I really feel like I just need to get through one complete workout and it will really help me a lot. Oy :eek:
It will. Stay mentally strong. You can do it!

Blueliner

How did the run go?

You cant unless I did a weird zigzag route and kept the sun on my side. I like knowing someone else that knows my routes and can visualize them. :D

My 8 mile run went well. My tranining plan called for a 9:56 pace, and I ended up at a pace of 9:32, with no real variation other than a slight kick in the last half-mile. Of course, I still am cowering from the heat and running a lot indoors. I have a 2-3 mile recovery run, a 6 mile tempo run, and another 2-3 mile recovery run on my plate for the rest of the week, and I am planning to try to do the recovery runs outside.

I would love to have seen the zig-zag route. :D

joel_maxwell

My 8 mile run went well. My tranining plan called for a 9:56 pace, and I ended up at a pace of 9:32, with no real variation other than a slight kick in the last half-mile. Of course, I still am cowering from the heat and running a lot indoors. I have a 2-3 mile recovery run, a 6 mile tempo run, and another 2-3 mile recovery run on my plate for the rest of the week, and I am planning to try to do the recovery runs outside.

I would love to have seen the zig-zag route. :D
Very good.

BTW, I know you might can imagine the obstacles I encounter on 3rd Avenue with all the apartments and warehouses. Yes, I think I might feel better if I go get a can of mace and keep in my running pack. I know it sounds crazy, but that 1 miles that I have to run on that stretch to get to Avondale and then highlands can be interesting. I have been accompanied by a pack of stray dogs, cursed at by mentally unstable people and almost run over by some thugs. I would avoid that mile all together, but it is the only flat area before all the hills and I will risk it for the break. :lol: It gets a bit safer when you get to Pepper Place on 3rd.

Thanks! :D I'll be trying again tomorrow in the AM...fingers crossed!
Good luck.

Last night was a 30 minute run. I think I covered about 3.5 miles. I didnt care about the distance since I was very sore from Sunday AM.

fractal

Got in 6 miles today in the +90degree temps - but didn't feel too bad after being in Williamsburg VA last week in the 105-110 range.

Ariel484

After a mental block for the past couple of weeks, I finally finished a run! :sohappy: I think I freaked myself out over the heat to the point where if I thought I was beginning to feel crappy, I'd stop. It was hard to break out of that but I finally did today with a LONG tempo run - 1 mile warm-up, 2 miles at tempo pace, 1 mile easy, 1 mile at tempo pace, 1 mile easy, 2 miles at tempo pace, and 1 mile cool down :eek: I slowed my pace down by about a minute to compensate for the weather (sunny and low 80s), and I really ran out of gas during the last 2 mile run. So it wasn't fast, and it wasn't pretty, but I feel so much better to have just completed a workout! :sohappy:

I have to say, it's so nice to have this thread to vent frustrations and share triumphs :D

joel_maxwell

After a mental block for the past couple of weeks, I finally finished a run! :sohappy: I think I freaked myself out over the heat to the point where if I thought I was beginning to feel crappy, I'd stop. It was hard to break out of that but I finally did today with a LONG tempo run - 1 mile warm-up, 2 miles at tempo pace, 1 mile easy, 1 mile at tempo pace, 1 mile easy, 2 miles at tempo pace, and 1 mile cool down :eek: I slowed my pace down by about a minute to compensate for the weather (sunny and low 80s), and I really ran out of gas during the last 2 mile run. So it wasn't fast, and it wasn't pretty, but I feel so much better to have just completed a workout! :sohappy:

I have to say, it's so nice to have this thread to vent frustrations and share triumphs :D
Good job.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
8.32 miles this afternoon after work. 31.84 miles so far this week. More tomorrow.

Feet are uncomfortable, blister on big toe, my rear hurts.

Quick annual 5k race on Sunday morning.

Cheers.

joel_maxwell

8.32 miles this afternoon after work. 31.84 miles so far this week. More tomorrow.

Feet are uncomfortable, blister on big toe, my rear hurts.

Quick annual 5k race on Sunday morning.

Cheers.
I think the bolded is self explanitory :D

This afternoon, 4 miles: 33:19: 8:18 pace even with my right shin on fire.

Booya!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I think the bolded is self explanitory :D

This afternoon, 4 miles: 33:19: 8:18 pace even with my right shin on fire.

Booya!

Yes, I suppose so! Nice pace by the way

Just repeat my mantra on every run:

"there is no pain, there is no pain, there is no pain, tonga toast, there is no pain..."

joel_maxwell

Yes, I suppose so! Nice pace by the way

Just repeat my mantra on every run:

"there is no pain, there is no pain, there is no pain, tonga toast, there is no pain..."
Thanks. Redemption from the 34.5 and 35 minute 4 mile times of last week.

My mantra: "No pain... No pain. You quit now, you quit in the race. You are a machine!"

heartodisney

A bike ride, approximately 12.5 miles.

Good job! It is just too darn hot here..I do not get a chance to ride early in the morning..gotta watch the toddler..but mom-in-law will be moving in next weekend (no, it will be a GOOD thing!). Then, will really be able to ride much more early! Right now, just the P.O.S. (piece of shineola) on the trainer in the garage, and it is hot there even with the door open, but no sun beating down on me! :rolleyes: :wave:

joel_maxwell

I like this quote. I may have to use this

Did 6.07 miles this morning. I figured with expected highs of 101* today that a night run wouldn't be very cool.
Please do. I would love for it to help out.

I just say it to myself when I get tired and my mind try to make my body quit. As General Patton would say, Make the mind run the body. The mind wont quit on the body, but the body would quit on the mind (paraphrased)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom