What did you do?

Erin_Akey

I am so excited!!!!! Hubby and I did 8 miles tonight!!!! That is our longest distance ever!! I am feeling better about training up to 13 miles by January.

We just started training in June and are up to 8 miles with five months left to train!!!!

I have some major jelly legs, but I feel great!

Blueliner

I am so excited!!!!! Hubby and I did 8 miles tonight!!!! That is our longest distance ever!! I am feeling better about training up to 13 miles by January.

We just started training in June and are up to 8 miles with five months left to train!!!!

Great work! You'll be well-prepared by January.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

Way to go. I love jelly legs. It makes you feel like you did something.

Last night was 30 minute, moderate run. No distance taken, but it was around 3.5 to 3.75 miles.

Kristia

Thanks. I have a few more races coming up this month and in September. I also have the Jersey Shore Half Marathon in October.
My wife just shakes her head...

Is this the one in Seaside? My husband and I are planning to do this one too. It will be our first half marathon.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
8.51 miles just now at an 8:30 min pace. Slightly humid. Legs are feeling better.

Also just registered for the Brielle 10k which is just down the road from me. It is supposed to be one of NJ's hardest courses because of the numerous steep hills...oh joy. Let the pain begin.

Cheers to those who kick asphalt today.

Erin_Akey

8.51 miles just now at an 8:30 min pace. Slightly humid. Legs are feeling better.

Also just registered for the Brielle 10k which is just down the road from me. It is supposed to be one of NJ's hardest courses because of the numerous steep hills...oh joy. Let the pain begin.

Cheers to those who kick asphalt today.

OH MY GOODNESS! Here I get excited at a pace of 15.3!!! BOY do i have a long way to go! :eek:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
OH MY GOODNESS! Here I get excited at a pace of 15.3!!! BOY do i have a long way to go! :eek:

Be excited for anything that you do! Don't compare, you're just starting out right? From what I've read from your posts you are doing GREAT, and KEEP UP THE HARD WORK! You're hitting the asphalt and doing it, don't worry if you're not at an 8 min pace. JUST RUN!

DisneyRunner

Didn't run today. The humidity was 90%. I biked 12.5 to 13 miles instead. I don't usually sweat when biking, but today I was dripping. My hands must have been so wet, I couldn't shift gears when going up hill. I have grip shift, this would have been a day to have rapid fire.

Ariel484

5 miles tonight - middle 3 at tempo pace. I was pretty stupid about it thought...I was feeling good so I went about 40 seconds per mile under my planned pace for the first 2 miles, and then absolutely ran out of gas for the third. :hammer: Oh well, at least I finished. :D Keep up the great work everyone!

fractal

well the good Lord today cranked up the outside sauna. :eek:

So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that today's 4 miles seemed 10X harder than yesterday's 6.5 miles. :confused:

I really struggled thru it but did it. I plan on giving the feet and legs off tomorrow to rejuvenate.

frank2271

Went out after dusk and did my 9 mile long run tonight, feeling great, very happy with how I did. It was so much better than my 10 am, 90 degree, 87% humidity runs. Felt great.

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
Went out after dusk and did my 9 mile long run tonight, feeling great, very happy with how I did. It was so much better than my 10 am, 90 degree, 87% humidity runs. Felt great.

Glad your run felt good. I love running in the evening.

I did 4 miles at an 8:16 pace. Today 5-6 miles.

Erin_Akey

I swear I am almost embarassed to post my run times here! I did 3.2 miles this morning at a 15.1 pace. I am still VERY sore from our longest ever of 8 miles Monday night.

This Saturday we run a 5k and are SURE to beat our time in our first one we did in June which was 49:23. I am hoping to go under 45:00.

Remember I am still VERY new to this!

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
I swear I am almost embarassed to post my run times here! I did 3.2 miles this morning at a 15.1 pace. I am still VERY sore from our longest ever of 8 miles Monday night.

This Saturday we run a 5k and are SURE to beat our time in our first one we did in June which was 49:23. I am hoping to go under 45:00.

That's what is so great about our sport. You don't have to compete against me or worry about my times. you just have to go out an do your best and in the process work to make your best a thing of the past for a new best.

I used to run when I was in high school, sprinter/hurdler, so distance was something I decided to do when, after bad hours of working nights at a hospital and going to school during the day, eating crap for every meal I ballooned up to 240 lbs. My times stunk when I first started but they are getting better. i really don't run for the times, but just to do it. my friends ask why I don't do the races close to home. I don't because I don't want that "I have to beat their time" feeeling. I just want to run for me.

Stick with it. Don't let the times here bother you. When you feel like you can't or don't want to run check in with us and we'll help motivate you.

Good luck in your 5K.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT

See below

That's what is so great about our sport. You don't have to compete against me or worry about my times. you just have to go out an do your best and in the process work to make your best a thing of the past for a new best.

I used to run when I was in high school, sprinter/hurdler, so distance was something I decided to do when, after bad hours of working nights at a hospital and going to school during the day, eating crap for every meal I ballooned up to 240 lbs. My times stunk when I first started but they are getting better. i really don't run for the times, but just to do it. my friends ask why I don't do the races close to home. I don't because I don't want that "I have to beat their time" feeeling. I just want to run for me.

Stick with it. Don't let the times here bother you. When you feel like you can't or don't want to run check in with us and we'll help motivate you.

Good luck in your 5K.
I couldn't have said it better.

Run for yourself. I know it is hard not to compare yourself to anyone else, but you cant. Im guilty of it sometimes. Since everyone is different, everyones running will be different.

As I said a few pages back I think, getting out and running is celebration enough for doing something rather than doing nothing.

Yes, we can motivate you if need be. :wave: I know I need it sometimes.

Erin_Akey

Good luck in your 5K.

Thanks very much! I really do enjoy it and love the feeling i get after each run and after being able to go farther and farther without walking. I wonder if by the half in January I will be able to run most of it???

I feel better at almost 40 than i did at 20!!! Congrats on your weight loss. I know how that goes having lost over 100 pounds in the last 18 months.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
9.38 miles at 8:30min pace in hot, humid and soupy air...ugh.

Where is the school bread when you really need it?!

Cheers, fellow runners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom