Wed 8th April Magic Kingdom closure (Updated: phase 3 as of 12pm)

marsrunner

Here's more pics. These are of the cars on World Drive being told at the plaza that the Magic Kingdom is closed and not accepting guests. As they went through the plaza cars were directed back on to World Drive. The only was to access the Magic Kingdom was either from another park or resort.

5051900.jpg

5052011-605efd40b77f92cfde26ebdd956caa42.49dcef67-scaled.jpg

Not sure why, but I can't see any of your pictures!

WDW1974

I guess we're going to get a thread like this every day thru Easter ... and people are going to be shocked ... and people are going to miss the point that it's always this busy this time of year. People will read into all sorts of things they shouldn't.

And the most amusing part, to me, is the fact these phased closings are lasting for all of about two hours at most ... considering the park is open from 8-1, that leaves plenty of time to wait out a phased closing if someone has a heart set on being there ... and since the weather is so pleasant, I could certainly see why some people (not myself) would want to be there.

If I were up there, I'd be walking around EPCOT or DAK and staying far away from MK.

But I am already looking forward to tomorrow's thread ... even have a blueberry cheesecake waiting ... oh, wait ... I gotta work tomorrow ... damn, I'll have to wait until the thread has 189 posts on MK crowds before joining the fun.

~MK: Phased Closings Daily!~

marcriss

Yeah...exactly. Becuase I know when I was in school, my spring break was always either a few weeks before Easter or the week before. I never had spring break after Easter. I would think a lot of schools would follow these two models. Matter of fact, before I joined here, I'd never heard of anyone having spring break after Easter.

I would guess the computers made a big boo-boo...especially once Disney learned a few weeks ago that the park hours needed tweaking...and if it wasn't the computers, something else major failed in their predictions. (Although, maybe failed isn't the right word...the parks are packed...but the question is, are the spending anything???)

Where I am in NY half the school districts are off now and the other half are off next week. Not sure why, but that's how it is.

lbrad

Oh My! I hope that this is only due to spring break and Easter crowds. I hope to god early May will not be this way. Ughhhhh It was not the best place in December of 08 either, I couldn't believe how many ppl were there and I was told that it was the slowest week I went :(:cry: Tinkerchelli (maybe Tinkerbell can help out)

It won't be...Spring break & Easter are bringing in droves !!!!
It will be better by next Tuesday!

hokielutz

I guess we're going to get a thread like this every day thru Easter ... and people are going to be shocked ... and people are going to miss the point that it's always this busy this time of year. People will read into all sorts of things they shouldn't.

And the most amusing part, to me, is the fact these phased closings are lasting for all of about two hours at most ... considering the park is open from 8-1, that leaves plenty of time to wait out a phased closing if someone has a heart set on being there ... and since the weather is so pleasant, I could certainly see why some people (not myself) would want to be there.

If I were up there, I'd be walking around EPCOT or DAK and staying far away from MK.

But I am already looking forward to tomorrow's thread ... even have a blueberry cheesecake waiting ... oh, wait ... I gotta work tomorrow ... damn, I'll have to wait until the thread has 189 posts on MK crowds before joining the fun.

~MK: Phased Closings Daily!~

And we always look forward to your less than charming sarcasm.

When a park goes phase whatever... it becomes news.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Picture provided by Brian Sikorski via twitter: (@wonderfultime)

http://twitpic.com/309ty

I would absolutely die. I have been in MK during Phase 2 before and it was enough to make me never go back to WDW anywhere near a holiday again.

Now, clearly there are tons and tons (and tons) of people in the parks, but my question remains...are they spending anything? Obviously some money is going to get spent on food (provided anyone actually makes it to a counter to order). However, I wonder if people are buying merchandise and such where Disney really makes money hand over fist. :shrug:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

I've been running this site now for over 10 years and putting up news and info on a daily basis about what's going on in the parks. This period is busier than any other I can recall since I have been doing the site. To me, that is news worthy. If you don't consider it to be, you can just skip the thread.

Despite what you think, people should read something into this. That something is that the Disney parks are VERY busy right now, and busier than they have been for a long time.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
I've been running this site now for over 10 years and putting up news and info on a daily basis about what's going on in the parks. This period is busier than any other I can recall since I have been doing the site. To me, that is news worthy. If you don't consider it to be, you can just skip the thread.

Despite what you think, people should read something into this. That something is that the Disney parks are VERY busy right now, and busier than they have been for a long time.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.

Thank you Steve. I am one of the many members of this site who consider this news. I enjoy reading about what is going on in the parks, especially when it is exceptionally busy. However, I dislike posting about it here and then having to listen to people tell me my opinion is wrong. (The main reason why I rarely participate in threads like this...:shrug:) *crawls back into my hole* :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom