Wed 8th April Magic Kingdom closure (Updated: phase 3 as of 12pm)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you Steve. I am one of the many members of this site who consider this news. I enjoy reading about what is going on in the parks, especially when it is exceptionally busy. However, I dislike posting about it here and then having to listen to people tell me my opinion is wrong. (The main reason why I rarely participate in threads like this...:shrug:) *crawls back into my hole* :lookaroun

You're welcome and please do feel free to post. A lot of people totally disagree with me, but I still post. :) You are sure to have some people who agree with you, aswell as those who don't. As long as things remain civil there is no problem with that. :)

WallyWorld

Thanks for all the updates...always good to hear all that can possibly happen at such a place....at least the monorails/boats are running today.

Jebiford29

Now, clearly there are tons and tons (and tons) of people in the parks, but my question remains...are they spending anything? Obviously some money is going to get spent on food (provided anyone actually makes it to a counter to order). However, I wonder if people are buying merchandise and such where Disney really makes money hand over fist. :shrug:

I'd say more than just some money is being spent on food, seeing as how there's the rumored 1 hour+ wait times at QS restaurants all over the park.

BSikor

Sorry for the dead links folks. Tried to hot link from twitpic and it failed. Here are the photos from my flickr.

3425012298_a69463fd79_o.jpg

3425012550_197edb39fc_o.jpg

3425012428_787b62083f_o.jpg

3425012610_dda9ab5b09_o.jpg

3425012670_3939a8cd1f_o.jpg

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
You're welcome and please do feel free to post. A lot of people totally disagree with me, but I still post. :) You are sure to have some people who agree with you, aswell as those who don't. As long as things remain civil there is no problem with that. :)

I throw my $0.02 in every once in a while, but sometimes I think it is just safer to lurk. :lol: I know I can remain civil but I question the ability of others sometimes. :shrug: I am not in the business of creating more work for you and the Mods. :lol:

marsrunner

Sorry for the dead links folks. Tried to hot link from twitpic and it failed. Here are the photos from my flickr.

3425012298_a69463fd79_o.jpg

3425012550_197edb39fc_o.jpg

3425012428_787b62083f_o.jpg

3425012610_dda9ab5b09_o.jpg

3425012670_3939a8cd1f_o.jpg

Thanks for fixing the links!

I have to say that those wait times really don't seem that bad in comparison to how many people are in the parks. Its the same thing we noticed in January on a much larger scale. Wait times no longer than an hour (and only for Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain and Peter Pan) but still hordes of people (relatively speaking to what I've seen in Januarys past). Where are all those people going? I remember one day in AK the paths were just cluttered with people all over, but Everest was 15 minutes and Dinosaur was 15 minutes. Didn't seem to be many people in line for Nemo so we never did figure out where people were going.

BSikor

One thing also to take into consideration is that I took these at 12:30 which is mere moments after the park was closed for phase 3 admission. The horde of people you see on main street were all heading towards Cindy's place like a school of salmon. Most of the people had not hit the attractions yet. These wait times were pre-closing. I'm hearing from a CM friend of mine that the wait times got much higher now. If I can get some specifics then I will let you know.

In other news, I heard one of the best spiel deliveries today on the parking tram and I've heard hundreds of them. The CM's name was Dionne and was amazing. Had a great delivery and was very friendly and professional. I made sure to tell her and put in a good word at City Hall.

SirGoofy

In other news, I heard one of the best spiel deliveries today on the parking tram and I've heard hundreds of them. The CM's name was Dionne and was amazing. Had a great delivery and was very friendly and professional. I made sure to tell her and put in a good word at City Hall.

:sohappy:

You are my favorite kind of guest. Thank you for helping make that CM's day.

Seriously, I never had bigger smiles on my face than when people told me I had a great Jungle Cruise spiel.

People don't thnk we care if they tell us we are doing a good job, but we do. It seriously makes our day.

TURKEY

The worst the mountains got were 2 hours at any point in the day from what I saw (monitored quite a bit). Something I've seen in Easter's past and during New Years.

Buzz was at 90 minutes which is absolutely ridiculous and should be the reason FP should be outlawed. A constantly loading attraction shouldn't have that type of wait.

Longer lines were at Epcot and the Studios than at MK. TT was up to 280, Soarin was 170, MS was 70 or 90, Maelstrom was 45-60 most of the day. Imagination was even running 30 minutes. GMR was at 60, TOT, RNRC, TSMM all were 100 - 180 during most of the day.

AK was even seeing some 60 and 90 minute waits.

tomm4004

My brother and family checked into the Poly and were bumped to concierge. They had chicken and rice for dinner in the lounge and can have dessert at 8pm followed by the fireworks viewing (with sound) at - whenever it is. He said the park was super-busy, but my niece played in Toontown and then they came back to the resort. Too cold to swim. Like I said, I doubt they'll be visiting many attractions anyway. He said they could see the massive car queue for the Studios from the Poly (?).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom