We Are Surrounded By Idiots Report 12/11 - 12/17

Well Christmas in Disney is pretty amazing. The magic is definitely all around you. The lights, snow, smells, trees...everything atmosphere wise was simply amazing. However I had my first issues with some CM's, and honestly guests were at an all time high in stupidity, rudeness, and just plain lazy.

The cast

Myself

Colleen

Day 1.

We flew Air Tran for the first time. It was not all that bad. Its no Southwest by any means but it got us there alive so I am VERY thankful for that.

When we arrived at MCO we went straight to ME. They put us right on a bus and we took the 2 first seats so we could get off first! We probably waited a good 25-30 minutes before we left. It started raining as be boarded the bus, and it rained until we got to our resort and it stopped. I get off the bus and what do I see inside the lobby? 50 kids ALL dressed in their football jerseys! I thought, oh no this is going to be a nightmare. Thankfully that was the last night of whatever the hell they were there for. We checked in, put our stuff in our room, and headed to Epcot for EMH. We get on the bus and Italian music starts playing! Then we stop at All Star Music and these two Japanese girls get on the bus and they start playing Japanese music! It was kind of funny and probably something only I would notice. Its probably around 9:40pm at this time but Epcot is open till 12:30am so we figured we would go walk around, eat some Seasons Grill and be happy we are in Disney.

It was probably about 50 degrees with tons of wind, and I loved it! I was so thrilled that I could go to Epcot and not be hot and miserable the whole time. We went to Sunshine Seasons Grill, ate and then walked around World Showcase. We only rode Maelstrom. Everything was beautiful. The lights, trees...really awesome. We decided to call it a night being that we both been up since around 6am, and we both worked. We got back to Sports around 11:45 and went to bed.

Day 2 will be posted later...Im really busy today!

Matt and Kelly

Great report...sounds like, for the most part, you guys had a really good trip.

I think I'm like everyone else now...really want to see that picture! I'll be sure to keep checking in throughout the day.

Hope you are able to get some explanation as to why that chicken was served up to you guys.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Great report...sounds like, for the most part, you guys had a really good trip.

I think I'm like everyone else now...really want to see that picture! I'll be sure to keep checking in throughout the day.

Hope you are able to get some explanation as to why that chicken was served up to you guys.

I forgot to get it from her so I will tonight. I put a note on the door so thats the first thing she sees...lol

cdunbar

I forgot to get it from her so I will tonight. I put a note on the door so thats the first thing she sees...lol
Ha! That's awesome! Love notes, who needs um, notes which say hon, please post picture of your chicken from vacation with the feathers, gotta have um....:lol:

happymom52003

Please be assured that not all parents are raising their kids to be out of control brats. :lol: We have a 6 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. We go to WDW frequently. We are constantly telling our kids to lower their voices, not run in the halls, not get in other people's way, etc. In fact, we use the bad behavior of other kids (and their parents :rolleyes:) to teach our kids how NOT to act. For example, we were at Disney this month from the 17-26. As the crowds worsened, so did guest behavior. Whenever we witnessed something bad, we used the opportunity to tell our kids that we don't do that, and why. Although as America's entitlement attitude worsens, I'm afraid behavior at WDW will, too.

Ditto!

I'm seeing the type of behavior that blackthidot described more and more in everyday life now, from both adults and children. It seems to be getting noticeably worse. So many people, adults and children alike, seem to have no manners and no social skills these days.

Oh...and good customer service just about everywhere seems to have flown out the window.

cdunbar

Ditto!

I'm seeing the type of behavior that blackthidot described more and more in everyday life now, from both adults and children. It seems to be getting noticeably worse. So many people, adults and children alike, seem to have no manners and no social skills these days.

Oh...and good customer service just about everywhere seems to have flown out the window.
Most definitely I was actually saying this in another thread I mean I was sitting yesterday in the mall parking lot at a blind turn waiting for cars to stop coming and this man who is driving a mini van with his wife and children in the van with him holds down his horn and says "are you planning on f***ing going?" I was just in shock I mean these were small children and he is showing them this behavior!:brick:

sublimesting

Most definitely I was actually saying this in another thread I mean I was sitting yesterday in the mall parking lot at a blind turn waiting for cars to stop coming and this man who is driving a mini van with his wife and children in the van with him holds down his horn and says "are you planning on f***ing going?" I was just in shock I mean these were small children and he is showing them this behavior!:brick:

I had a guy cut me off the other day and slam on his brakes for fun. I had to come to a screeching halt and the seatbelt locked up on my pregnant wife's belly. Then he started going again and stopped again then JUMPED OUT!!! He started running for my car and I very seriously debated running him right down, cause if you're nuts enough for that I'm not playing your games and he's not getting to my car with my wife. Luckily for him I went around the other side and he started chasing us and trying to run us off the road in rush hour. Luckily for us a cop was right there and arrested the guy. People are just nuts these days.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I had a guy cut me off the other day and slam on his brakes for fun. I had to come to a screeching halt and the seatbelt locked up on my pregnant wife's belly. Then he started going again and stopped again then JUMPED OUT!!! He started running for my car and I very seriously debated running him right down, cause if you're nuts enough for that I'm not playing your games and he's not getting to my car with my wife. Luckily for him I went around the other side and he started chasing us and trying to run us off the road in rush hour. Luckily for us a cop was right there and arrested the guy. People are just nuts these days.

That was me dude!!!

No seriously...who the hell does that?

John, love the trip report. We seriously need to go to WDW together ib September. My wife is listening to me read this to her saying, "you two would be dangerous together." I then told her about the Eat n Park craziness we experienced together. If Im not mistaken you hugged me once so I know Colleen's not jealous. Can't believe you didn't make a scene about the feathers though.

draybook

That's exactly why I have my conealment license and carry my pistol.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Well here it is folks...In case some of you can see them they are on the piece closest to the bottom of the plate. Sadly we noticed it once she had pretty much eaten all the chicken!

DSC02112.jpg

Andrew54

OMG.. I had chicken there probably within the same time frame you were there. Guess Ill have to check our photos to see if I captured any feathers on my plate. Thats horrible that she ate most of the chicken before she noticed.

sublimesting

:hurl:

That is gross! I can't believe someone didn't catch that! It kind of makes me not want chicken for awhile...if it weren't so delicious with hot sauce.

harveyt0206

Oh man....poor Colleen!! That is just awful. I really hope someone responds to your complaint about this because this is sooooo not what I expect from Disney. :veryconfu

You will have to let us know how they handle this for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom