We Are Surrounded By Idiots Report 12/11 - 12/17

Well Christmas in Disney is pretty amazing. The magic is definitely all around you. The lights, snow, smells, trees...everything atmosphere wise was simply amazing. However I had my first issues with some CM's, and honestly guests were at an all time high in stupidity, rudeness, and just plain lazy.

The cast

Myself

Colleen

Day 1.

We flew Air Tran for the first time. It was not all that bad. Its no Southwest by any means but it got us there alive so I am VERY thankful for that.

When we arrived at MCO we went straight to ME. They put us right on a bus and we took the 2 first seats so we could get off first! We probably waited a good 25-30 minutes before we left. It started raining as be boarded the bus, and it rained until we got to our resort and it stopped. I get off the bus and what do I see inside the lobby? 50 kids ALL dressed in their football jerseys! I thought, oh no this is going to be a nightmare. Thankfully that was the last night of whatever the hell they were there for. We checked in, put our stuff in our room, and headed to Epcot for EMH. We get on the bus and Italian music starts playing! Then we stop at All Star Music and these two Japanese girls get on the bus and they start playing Japanese music! It was kind of funny and probably something only I would notice. Its probably around 9:40pm at this time but Epcot is open till 12:30am so we figured we would go walk around, eat some Seasons Grill and be happy we are in Disney.

It was probably about 50 degrees with tons of wind, and I loved it! I was so thrilled that I could go to Epcot and not be hot and miserable the whole time. We went to Sunshine Seasons Grill, ate and then walked around World Showcase. We only rode Maelstrom. Everything was beautiful. The lights, trees...really awesome. We decided to call it a night being that we both been up since around 6am, and we both worked. We got back to Sports around 11:45 and went to bed.

Day 2 will be posted later...Im really busy today!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
He has a certain amount he gets to use. I think hed get like 3 a day or something. Nothing crazy. It was just good to have.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Day 6 Epcot!

We decided to get a full day in at Epcot. It was breezy, and cool. PERFECT for all the walking you do at Epcot. We REALLY soaked it up this day. More than we ever have. We went and explored every shop, every attraction...We sat on almost every bench and enjoyed the view.

We actually left though. We wanted to see Wishes one last time so we hit the monorail to TTC, then to MK. It was great. I could watch Wishes 5 times a day.

harveyt0206

Sounds like at least some fun was had amongst the "idiots". ha ha
I totally understand what you are saying about being there when the temperature isn't 125 degrees. My mom and I are going in March and I am hoping for similar temps.

Christmas at Disney sounds fun.

lighteningqueen

blackthidot, we were there Dec 7-16 there most the time you were and yes we too had many meals that were down right not so good. 50's was a disappointment this time got the same waitress as last year and she was a dud again. Food came out no kidding 7 minutes later and was the most horrible roast I have ever eaten there kinda burned and about half of what they gave last year. We won't go back neither to LTT or Boma. I was looking for you both but it was insanely crowded the whole time we were there. I also could not believe the rudeness of people and getting worse there. Cell phones on on all the dark rides. And sorry about saying this but gas passers. Oh my it was horrible this time and in lines... Even one idiot lit a cigarette in line at BTMRR.... argh... had enough wdw for a while maybe a couple of years

disneysroyal411

Oh my it was horrible this time and in lines... Even one idiot lit a cigarette in line at BTMRR.... argh... had enough wdw for a while maybe a couple of years
This happened to us to in August, so just to make the heat worse in the barely air conditioned lines, I have icky yucky cigarette smoke blowing in my face!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I mean in all seriousness every time I walk into any of the theme parks I am saying to myself...Im probably gonna have to fight some kids dad today. Its that out of hand.

1.) Parents have ZERO control over their kids. Here is why I say Im gonna fight someones dad one day...I am going to get hit with a light up sword. Then I am going to grab it, break it in half, and throw it as far as I can.

2.) You cant expect people to have "normal" acting children, when the adults themselves have zero manners at all. Holding doors, smoking, running in the buses through the back door instead of waiting in line, stopping in front of you, cutting out in front of you. Not letting people walk through. People think because they paid to be there that NOBODY has a right to be there either. Its just sickening how people act.

3.) Seriously...? Is it THAT hard to scan your ticket and put your finger on the light? ...

4.) People waiting in line for a QS meal for 10 minutes with a 10X10 menu above them and they get to the register and say "Oh man what do you guys have here"?

The bottom line is that people just do not care. They are not stupid, they are just lazy and do not care that his/her actions are effecting those around them.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
blackthidot, we were there Dec 7-16 there most the time you were and yes we too had many meals that were down right not so good. 50's was a disappointment this time got the same waitress as last year and she was a dud again. Food came out no kidding 7 minutes later and was the most horrible roast I have ever eaten there kinda burned and about half of what they gave last year. We won't go back neither to LTT or Boma. I was looking for you both but it was insanely crowded the whole time we were there. I also could not believe the rudeness of people and getting worse there. Cell phones on on all the dark rides. And sorry about saying this but gas passers. Oh my it was horrible this time and in lines... Even one idiot lit a cigarette in line at BTMRR.... argh... had enough wdw for a while maybe a couple of years

The rudeness of people gets worse every time. There is a post right under yours or 2 down that says I may stay away from WDW for a few years...Thats what I mean. The way people act is effecting REALLY effecting other guests.

I know when you go, you should try to relax and ignore it but when its CONSTANT it just gets old.

popsicletrees

Speaking of kids and their parents: My grandmother is 78 and just as much of a WDW fanatic as I am. For about the past 5 trips up until our last trip we rented a wheelchair for her. I pushed her in the wheelchair most of the time. It amazed me how many parents would push their children in front of me while I was pushing a wheelchair! I don't want to hurt the kids, but I thought that if they get hit by this it will be mommy and daddy's fault. Now we rent an EVC for her. So, she can run over them if she wants.

On another topic: did you get the chance to see yee-haw Bob?

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Speaking of kids and their parents: My grandmother is 78 and just as much of a WDW fanatic as I am. For about the past 5 trips up until our last trip we rented a wheelchair for her. I pushed her in the wheelchair most of the time. It amazed me how many parents would push their children in front of me while I was pushing a wheelchair! I don't want to hurt the kids, but I thought that if they get hit by this it will be mommy and daddy's fault. Now we rent an EVC for her. So, she can run over them if she wants.

On another topic: did you get the chance to see yee-haw Bob?

No we switched to Sports. It saved us each $100 so it just made sense to switch.

mousefan1972

I mean in all seriousness every time I walk into any of the theme parks I am saying to myself...Im probably gonna have to fight some kids dad today. Its that out of hand.

1.) Parents have ZERO control over their kids. Here is why I say Im gonna fight someones dad one day...I am going to get hit with a light up sword. Then I am going to grab it, break it in half, and throw it as far as I can.

2.) You cant expect people to have "normal" acting children, when the adults themselves have zero manners at all. Holding doors, smoking, running in the buses through the back door instead of waiting in line, stopping in front of you, cutting out in front of you. Not letting people walk through. People think because they paid to be there that NOBODY has a right to be there either. Its just sickening how people act.

3.) Seriously...? Is it THAT hard to scan your ticket and put your finger on the light? ...

4.) People waiting in line for a QS meal for 10 minutes with a 10X10 menu above them and they get to the register and say "Oh man what do you guys have here"?

The bottom line is that people just do not care. They are not stupid, they are just lazy and do not care that his/her actions are effecting those around them.

Please be assured that not all parents are raising their kids to be out of control brats. :lol: We have a 6 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. We go to WDW frequently. We are constantly telling our kids to lower their voices, not run in the halls, not get in other people's way, etc. In fact, we use the bad behavior of other kids (and their parents :rolleyes:) to teach our kids how NOT to act. For example, we were at Disney this month from the 17-26. As the crowds worsened, so did guest behavior. Whenever we witnessed something bad, we used the opportunity to tell our kids that we don't do that, and why. Although as America's entitlement attitude worsens, I'm afraid behavior at WDW will, too.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Please be assured that not all parents are raising their kids to be out of control brats. :lol: We have a 6 year old girl and a 4 year old boy. We go to WDW frequently. We are constantly telling our kids to lower their voices, not run in the halls, not get in other people's way, etc. In fact, we use the bad behavior of other kids (and their parents :rolleyes:) to teach our kids how NOT to act. For example, we were at Disney this month from the 17-26. As the crowds worsened, so did guest behavior. Whenever we witnessed something bad, we used the opportunity to tell our kids that we don't do that, and why. Although as America's entitlement attitude worsens, I'm afraid behavior at WDW will, too.

I hope we all know that there are some parents working at guaranteeing future decent human beings. :animwink::wave:

It's just unfortunate that the out of control brats are so very noticeable that no one sees the children who are well-behaved.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

If I ever see you I will give you a hug.

xtina72

LOL!!!!! Sooo true!

BTW...I REALLY want to see that picture! I have been saying for the last few years that Disney's food and "Cast member experience" has been going downhill hella fast.

EaglesfanNJ

Dude, i can't believe you guys went down again! I'm so jealous! Anyway, welcome back, sorry to hear about the stupidity factor you encountered, and the less-than-stellar experience at 50's. I'm kind of glad i skipped that place, i had an ADR and cancelled it. Let us know the outcome of your email.

Sorry, i forgot to add........i need to see this piece of chicken!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom