We Are Surrounded By Idiots Report 12/11 - 12/17

Well Christmas in Disney is pretty amazing. The magic is definitely all around you. The lights, snow, smells, trees...everything atmosphere wise was simply amazing. However I had my first issues with some CM's, and honestly guests were at an all time high in stupidity, rudeness, and just plain lazy.

The cast

Myself

Colleen

Day 1.

We flew Air Tran for the first time. It was not all that bad. Its no Southwest by any means but it got us there alive so I am VERY thankful for that.

When we arrived at MCO we went straight to ME. They put us right on a bus and we took the 2 first seats so we could get off first! We probably waited a good 25-30 minutes before we left. It started raining as be boarded the bus, and it rained until we got to our resort and it stopped. I get off the bus and what do I see inside the lobby? 50 kids ALL dressed in their football jerseys! I thought, oh no this is going to be a nightmare. Thankfully that was the last night of whatever the hell they were there for. We checked in, put our stuff in our room, and headed to Epcot for EMH. We get on the bus and Italian music starts playing! Then we stop at All Star Music and these two Japanese girls get on the bus and they start playing Japanese music! It was kind of funny and probably something only I would notice. Its probably around 9:40pm at this time but Epcot is open till 12:30am so we figured we would go walk around, eat some Seasons Grill and be happy we are in Disney.

It was probably about 50 degrees with tons of wind, and I loved it! I was so thrilled that I could go to Epcot and not be hot and miserable the whole time. We went to Sunshine Seasons Grill, ate and then walked around World Showcase. We only rode Maelstrom. Everything was beautiful. The lights, trees...really awesome. We decided to call it a night being that we both been up since around 6am, and we both worked. We got back to Sports around 11:45 and went to bed.

Day 2 will be posted later...Im really busy today!

EPCOTPluto

Well here it is folks...In case some of you can see them they are on the piece closest to the bottom of the plate. Sadly we noticed it once she had pretty much eaten all the chicken!

DSC02112.jpg
Sadly, this probably would happen to me as well... That is rather sad and disgusting. :hurl:

cdunbar

So I would imagine that Disney like anyone that has restaurants buys their products from a supplier like a wholesale company with that being said, and if they do in fact do that I do not know whether or not that is the case, then wouldn't the supplier also be to blame? Disney does still hold some of the blame because ok if a supplier brings you a chicken with feathers still on it, you don't serve it! But that was just a passing thought I had last night....:shrug:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I will...I didnt send them the picture. I did mention I had the picture if they wanted or needed to see it.

marcriss

Ugh!!!! MY DH and I are both disgusted:hurl: We ordered that the one and only time we ate there, and now I'm thankful the meal was such a disaster that we didn't eat.

I don't know how you didn't get sick right there! Just looking at the picture makes me sick! Good for you for keeping your cool, I would have lost my mind!

I'm interested to see what Disney does, the manager comp'd our meal the horrendous night we were there, and he was really nice. Offered to buy us another dinner during our stay, but I couldn't bring myself to take him up on it. Now there's NO chance we'd ever go back. Gross!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I will...I didnt send them the picture. I did mention I had the picture if they wanted or needed to see it.

Have they responded to your email? If not, keep sending it. You had better get the mother of all apologetic phone calls from someone at WDW, and soon.....

xtina72

Well here it is folks...In case some of you can see them they are on the piece closest to the bottom of the plate. Sadly we noticed it once she had pretty much eaten all the chicken!

DSC02112.jpg

OH MY GOD, I seriously would have been completely sick...I am pretty funny about meat as it is, this would have thrown me completely over the edge!!!!!

It puts me in the mind set that Disney is using prepackaged food for their "better" restaurants. With the price of these restaurants you would HOPE that the food is made to order or in the very least made in the restaurant. But to me that seems that they are just opening packages and throwing them in fryers. Its all going down the tubes.

sueuk

Whenever you are in a WDW restaurant now and you see someone turning the chicken over to check it before they eat ... you'll know they are on this forum!!:ROFLOL:

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
When I sent out the email it said it could take 2 weeks for a response. So Ill give them that and after that I will take actions from there.

mousebymarriage

The feathers on the chicken is just gross:hurl: but, I can top it !!! Now, this didn't happen at Disney it happened at Houlihans (a chain restaurant/bar) and it was about 10 years ago. My DH and I went to dinner with his cousin and GF (now DW), we had eaten here many times without incident. The cousins girlfriend ordered a chicken ceasar salad which was huge. After eating almost all of it she noticed something odd at the bottom of the bowl, at first she thought it was a large piece of burnt chicken, WRONG! It was a HUGE cricket, dead and covered in ceasar salad dressing:hurl::lol:! We were shocked but, all of us (except her) thought it was hysterical. The manager apologized profusely and comped her dinner and all of our desserts and drinks. The manager explained that the salad comes to them in a huge bag and they just dump it in the bin and give it a quick rinse.

draybook

The feathers on the chicken is just gross:hurl: but, I can top it !!! Now, this didn't happen at Disney it happened at Houlihans (a chain restaurant/bar) and it was about 10 years ago. My DH and I went to dinner with his cousin and GF (now DW), we had eaten here many times without incident. The cousins girlfriend ordered a chicken ceasar salad which was huge. After eating almost all of it she noticed something odd at the bottom of the bowl, at first she thought it was a large piece of burnt chicken, WRONG! It was a HUGE cricket, dead and covered in ceasar salad dressing:hurl::lol:! We were shocked but, all of us (except her) thought it was hysterical. The manager apologized profusely and comped her dinner and all of our desserts and drinks. The manager explained that the salad comes to them in a huge bag and they just dump it in the bin and give it a quick rinse.

Wow. Way worse indeed!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom