WDW Picture of the Day (Continued)

hrcollectibles

105WishesTinkerbell.jpg
Is this a pic of tink?

Gorjus

omg are you serious? .....snip..... it's not ruining any magic.....

Yes it is ruining the magic. And that is under official Disney guidelines. Come to me and ask me how many Snow White's there are and I will tell you "One". I will also tell you that Tinkerbell is not suspended from any wire. Tinkerbell flies under her own power to Neverland each evening. That wire is the map that Peter Pan left her so she would always find her way home. She is a bit flighty you know. That wire is also used by Prince Charming for his ESPN cable so he can watch the jousting tournaments in his bedroom with Cinderella.

So, that is why any further information is hidden in text that has to be highlighted (my choice). If you want info, it is there. If you don't, it isn't.

Funny story: A was working with a family in the Castle. I was finished there and I was sent to work in Expo Hall. The family that I had worked with went immediately from the Castle to Expo Hall. I however, using back stage pathways, reached Expo Hall long before they did. When they entered Expo Hall and saw me there, they were as shocked as if they'd seen Cinderella on the Castle stage and then seen Cinderella in Expo Hall. I helped perpetuate the Disney Magic by seeming to be in 2 places at once.

Karolena

omg are you serious? i love disney as much as anyone here if not more especially since i live so far away it's not so easy to get there/afford it. BUT, come on now. it's not ruining any magic. my 15 year old who LOVES tink isn't so out of touch to realize that the tink that flies to the castle is not real. and the mickey mouse that walks through the parks is not a person in a costume right? if i'm not mistaken, mice are NOT that big.

i WAS enjoying this thread incredibly.......

I'm not sure if you're insulting my intelligence, so I'll just respond. :shrug:

Yes, I know the truth. Just like I know about Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy and The Easter Bunny. But part of the fun of these people is think that they are real and believing in them. I'm sorry that we've all grown up so much that we can't just accept the magic anymore. I love seeing the look on a little kid's face when they met Cinderella and wish with all my heart that I could have that feeling once again. Pretending, if you want to call it that, is part of the fun and magic of going to Disney World, at least it is for me.

For reference, I'm eighteen years old and I still believe in fairies. (I'm not joking either, and don't say you don't b/c if they do exist you'll kill one. Why take the chace?)

Hope I didn't ruin this thread for you.

Karolena

Yes it is ruining the magic. And that is under official Disney guidelines. Come to me and ask me how many Snow White's there are and I will tell you "One". I will also tell you that Tinkerbell is not suspended from any wire. Tinkerbell flies under her own power to Neverland each evening. That wire is the map that Peter Pan left her so she would always find her way home. She is a bit flighty you know. That wire is also used by Prince Charming for his ESPN cable so he can watch the jousting tournaments in his bedroom with Cinderella.

So, that is why any further information is hidden in text that has to be highlighted (my choice). If you want info, it is there. If you don't, it isn't.

Funny story: A was working with a family in the Castle. I was finished there and I was sent to work in Expo Hall. The family that I had worked with went immediately from the Castle to Expo Hall. I however, using back stage pathways, reached Expo Hall long before they did. When they entered Expo Hall and saw me there, they were as shocked as if they'd seen Cinderella on the Castle stage and then seen Cinderella in Expo Hall. I helped perpetuate the Disney Magic by seeming to be in 2 places at once.

Thanks.
I didn't know that Prince Charming used the cable so he could watch the jousting tournaments. I was wondering how he did that?

By the way, that is a really cute story. :)

Flower'sChild

That Disney Magic is something :wave: It may look like there is more than one Cinderelly to some people, but I believe there is Disney magic at work and she can be in two places at about the same time :) Minnie sure gets arould also, I saw her at Epcot and than I go to Magic Kingdom and there she is ( maybe see was trying to beat me there :p ) :) I once asked Perla how she can go from only being like the size of an inch to being like 5 feet tall and said she it was the Disney magic :sohappy:

I have heard what some people say about the characters while they are in the parks and I don't think it means that they are trying to destroy the Magic. When I talk in the parks I always try to keep the Magic going, but I understand that some people are not like me. Maybe some people have never thought about this if you know what I mean ? If one of those people talks to me about the characters, I might try to start some Magic by saying somethig kinda cute like " Well actually Minnie just went away for 5 minutes, because she knows I am in line and she wants to think of a cute way to flirt with me " :p

Anyways one of my points with this post is to say that I can see both sides :wave: Also I am not just talking about what has been said on this thread, this topic has been talked about many times before in many different places, so my post was more for the topic as a whole than what was said on this thread, if you see what I mean.

Karolena

Take this argument to another thread please. You are messing with the the balance of magic and reality. Just my 2 cents. :brick:

Sorry, I know this thread is about pictures, and I love looking at all of them, but i did feel like I needed to defend myself. I won't do it anymore. :shrug:

nibblesandbits

dopetig said:
omg are you serious? i love disney as much as anyone here if not more especially since i live so far away it's not so easy to get there/afford it. BUT, come on now. it's not ruining any magic. my 15 year old who LOVES tink isn't so out of touch to realize that the tink that flies to the castle is not real. and the mickey mouse that walks through the parks is not a person in a costume right? if i'm not mistaken, mice are NOT that big.

i WAS enjoying this thread incredibly.......
Look, this is not necessary to debate this. It is Disney's policy that these are REAL characters, therefore, yes, we may know the truth, but isn't it more fun to believe the fantasy, just like Disney wants us to believe. Isn't that why we go to the parks in the first place. B/c we want that fantasy. So, why is it necessary to debate something that isn't necessary to debate in the first place. This is a place for photos...not bickering about unnecessary things. If you must debate this, please use PMs.

Now, back to photos, since that's why we're all here.

100_1092.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom