WDW Motivational posters

olmec26

Anyone care to enlighten me on this?

That's the old ring in the pavement outside the Haunted Mansion that had an elaborate storyline involving Master Gracey and the Bride revolved around it. Apparently WDI didn't approve and had it removed during the renovation.

As for the Merf thing, that was before my time...so I need enlightenment as well.

Disneyson 1

Merf is a frequent member here who's also one out of many of our lead news providers. His favorite park is EPCOT, and the most recent thread that he covered was the 40th anniversary thread. He's not usually bitter, but he does tell the truth and does not look through rose-colored glasses. He sometimes needs a hug. Also, MerfCove, that area pictured in EPCOT... I don't know what that is. HELP!

Phonedave

Merf is a frequent member here who's also one out of many of our lead news providers. His favorite park is EPCOT, and the most recent thread that he covered was the 40th anniversary thread. He's not usually bitter, but he does tell the truth and does not look through rose-colored glasses. He sometimes needs a hug. Also, MerfCove, that area pictured in EPCOT... I don't know what that is. HELP!

Oh why not. .....

The ring was not a ring. It was a cut off pipe, stanchion, post, whatever ....

It looked like a ring but it was really not the right size for one. There was an elaborate story about it. In summary, the bride threw it down from the attic and there it lay embedded in the concrete. It was not an "offical" WDW / WDI backstory. It evolved out of the fans and the CM's. My guess is that because it was not easily disproved with a little clear thought - such as the Swan & Dolphin are designed to have the monorail run through them - that the story stuck

During the last refurb, things were moved, pavement was redone, and the "ring" was removed / paved over / reclaimed by the bride.

-dave

krankenstein

And he's banned! :lol:

Wilt Dasney

Merf was a frequent member here who was also one out of many of our lead news providers. His favorite park was EPCOT, and the most recent thread that he covered was the 40th anniversary thread. He was not usually bitter, but he did tell the truth and did not look through rose-colored glasses. He sometimes needed a hug. Also, MerfCove, that area pictured in EPCOT... I don't know what that is. HELP!
:lookaroun

:lol:

disneydata

comeback.jpg

disnyfan89

Merfcove was were Leave a Legacy computer kiosks and salles desk was. Merf was the first to report the removal of the kiosks. For a reward we named the old/new area Merfcove.

BTW The ladder can frequiently be seen behind the gravity wheel in Mission: Space

CubsRock

Merfcove was were Leave a Legacy computer kiosks and salles desk was. Merf was the first to report the removal of the kiosks. For a reward we named the old/new area Merfcove.

BTW The ladder can frequiently be seen behind the gravity wheel in Mission: Space

I can almost guarentee you that someday "Merfcove" will be turned into a smoking area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom