WDW expansion and new attractions announcement - what do you think?

What is your opinion of today's expansion announcements?

• LOVE IT! This is exactly what was needed.

Votes: 170 50.3%
  • GOOD. Step in the right direction.

Votes: 139 41.1%
  • SO-SO. Not overly impressed.

Votes: 23 6.8%
  • UGH. Not good enough, I expected more.

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

SirGoofy

Maybe instead of D23, we need a Lasseter fan club.

Perhaps with those rubber Nixon-style masks.

It could work....

Imagine, thousands of Lasseters converge on WDW for a meet during the year....

I see a very "V for Vendetta" moment, with them showing up to the Hat before it's blown up.:lookaroun

_Scar

Sometimes I think you guys will never be happy. Your whole purpose of being a WDWmagic poster is to point out all of the negatives. :/

NX2I85

What do I think? Glad you asked...

What Disney does best is immersive theming, and they are giving us a double scoop. The LM e-ticket is way overdue, and will be a great help to MK. The new Dumbo looks great! I can't believe I'm looking forward to riding it. :p Gaston's restaurant looks like it will be OK, but what about guests who have no interest in high dollar TS?

The cynical side of me thinks this is a whopper of a budget for four meet and greet queues which attract primarily little girls. :lookaroun

All in all though, my heart and head combine to say "Well done, Disney. This was much needed."

mickeysaver

I am thrilled to have the option of wandering through the new Fantasyland that is coming to the MK park. I doubt that I will make the effort to meet any of the princesses, for the sake of any burning desire to meet them, but I would go because I want to see their world brought to life. The only downside to me is that my favorite princess, Snow White, didn't get any love. However, the new Pixie Hollow looks to be an amazing place to explore too.

While I would certainly like to see lots of other things happen to WDW in order to make the parks better, I see this as a big step in the right direction, even though it won't necessarily hit my demographic of being a part of a family. Way to go Lasseter and crew! :sohappy: Maggie

krankenstein

Ah...How?:wave:

It would become an area full of ancient ruins with a magnificent temple on top of a mountain. The villagers in the area warn you that the mountain and temple are cursed and defended by the gods. they tell you that no one that has ever gone to the temple has ever returned. You, being a brash tourist, have no fear and hop aboard your method of transportation to visit the temple at the top of the mountain. On the way, you discover the legend is real and your ride quickly goes aware as the gods try to prevent you from making it to the temple.

It would be a cross between the Grizzly Peak and Raging Spirits.

SirGoofy

It would become an area full of ancient ruins with a magnificent temple on top of a mountain. The villagers in the area warn you that the mountain and temple are cursed and defended by the gods. they tell you that no one that has ever gone to the temple has ever returned. You, being a brash tourist, have no fear and hop aboard your method of transportation to visit the temple at the top of the mountain. On the way, you discover the legend is real and your ride quickly goes aware as the gods try to prevent you from making it to the temple.

Put Indy in there and you've got my backing.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Love it. :D Sounds very DAK-ish.

krankenstein

Put Indy in there and you've got my backing.:lol:

It would become an area full of ancient ruins with a magnificent temple on top of a mountain. The villagers in the area warn you that the mountain and temple are cursed and defended by the gods. They tell you that no one that has ever gone to the temple has ever returned. However, you are with Indiana Jones and have no fear that your mission will be a success. You quickly hop aboard your method of transportation to visit the temple at the top of the mountain. On the way, you discover the legend is real and your ride quickly goes aware as the gods try to prevent you from making it to the temple.

:wave: :lol:

Love it. :D Sounds very DAK-ish.

Yeah, but it is not what I want DAK to get. The park has the mountain coaster, but is lacking that immersive dark ride that is trademark Disney. :shrug:

sbkline

Looks good to me. My biggest concern that I can think of right now is with the castles/cottages for the Princesses. I hope these are going to be much smaller than Cinderella's Castle, thereby keeping Cinderella's Castle as the main focal point and center of the hub. I think it would look rather tacky to have more than one castle, all of the same size.

krankenstein

No link to Animals though. Was a good try, but it Doesn't work at all. Plus it sounds too familiar.

"You don't do the same gag twice, you move on to the next gag."
-Basher, Ocean's 13

:lol:

It sounds familiar because it's the same plot that every attraction uses. Everything is ok, than something happens, etc etc etc. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom