WDW expansion and new attractions announcement - what do you think?

What is your opinion of today's expansion announcements?

• LOVE IT! This is exactly what was needed.

Votes: 170 50.3%
  • GOOD. Step in the right direction.

Votes: 139 41.1%
  • SO-SO. Not overly impressed.

Votes: 23 6.8%
  • UGH. Not good enough, I expected more.

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

Figment632

Here are my thoughts on this whole Fantasyland expansion.

Toontown needs to be left as is. That is my personal opinion. I think they should've condensed the "fantasy forest" area to the current Ariel's Grotto and 20,000 Leagues area. Pixie Hollow could've been condensed in there somehow. Everytime I go back to Toontown, I reflect to my very first trip in 1989 when that area was brand spank'n new as Mickey's Birthdayland. I'm sure if the tents are getting up in age, they could be removed for further expansion of Toontown, wedged in between the current Toontown and the expanded Fantasyland (would also provide another access into Fantasyland when the expansion is complete). Barnstormer just also wouldn't seem right as something else other than its current theme.

Dumbo should be left in tact. Some renovations could be made to that area (and maybe the other spinner if needed) in which the circus theme would still be applied. Maybe I'm just looking at that area in a whole different perspective than what the Imagineers are envisioning. Just seems like it would be emptier there with a wall past the Carousel dividing the two sections. Maybe it will just look different when it's officially completed.

I think everything else seems excellent. I like the idea of a Beauty and the Beast table service restaurant, something that needs to be added more into the park. I guess counter service can get old after awhile if you're looking to sit down and take a break for awhile.

You are missing the whole point of the expansion. During peak times FL is a disaster. This expansion will literaly double the size of FL.

Only thing that bothers me is that Mickey and Minnie's house's are leaving. I don't care about Donald's boat or the rest of Toontown, I just want their houses! I mean it just makes since that those be there!

RSoxNo1

Only thing that bothers me is that Mickey and Minnie's house's are leaving. I don't care about Donald's boat or the rest of Toontown, I just want their houses! I mean it just makes since that those be there!

I almost feel these should be moved to DHS. I think the consensus is the MK meet and greets will be moved to Main Street.

EPCOT Explorer

I almost feel these should be moved to DHS. I think the consensus is the MK meet and greets will be moved to Main Street.
That's what I was thinking, too. DHS would do awesome with a Toontown.:D

DisneyParksFan1

I really hope they have some fun things for guys, and also people of all ages. I see in the concept art that the little girls are having all the fun while the parents sit there watching them.

I think they would be good at DHS. But it's not the same as going to Mickey's House in the Magic Kingdom. Good memories! :D

But it's not the meet n greets I'm concerned with. It just feels like they are taking Mickey's house away! How can WDW not have Mickey's House??? :shrug:

Bork Bork

Mickey's house didn't exist at WDW until 1988 or so when Mickey's Birhday Land opened as a planned temporary attraction. I'm sure the Imagineers will take care of Mickey. I'm really excited about the changes.

epcotWSC

I like it, I think it'll look amazing, but only one ride? I'd expect that something like this we'd see at least a few more. I feel like there's not enough family/adult things. Ah well, I guess we'll see in the coming months/year if anything else is in store for the other parks or if these announcements are it.

_Scar

I like it, I think it'll look amazing, but only one ride? I'd expect that something like this we'd see at least a few more. I feel like there's not enough family/adult things. Ah well, I guess we'll see in the coming months/year if anything else is in store for the other parks or if these announcements are it.

Star Tours...

And come on people... one ride, but several worthwhile attractions especially with children. Especially BatB restaurant.

Mansion Butler

I was just there in may and I dont know the last time you were there but this doesnt matter anymore.

If you are staying in a Disney Hotel they bought enough land, also by having to walk through DTD to gen in to the parks you wouldnt even know your in a city. Its like a nice small resort now.
I haven't been there since '06, but I definitely wouldn't agree with you then. I would agree it's a nice area that has improved its feel of being isolated, but it's still nothing to Disney World (obviously) and still smacks often of being in the middle of a city and a small area. From the lines for the turnstiles of the parks running in to eachother to seeing cheap motels and busy city roads to your right in the middle plaza to seeing a modern metropolis while riding any ride that gives you a view over the berm, it's a serious disadvantage of Disneyland to Disney World. Yes, it's been improved (and don't mistake me, I love Disneyland with all sorts of passion), but Lucky was still correct.

Figment632

I haven't been there since '06, but I definitely wouldn't agree with you then. I would agree it's a nice area that has improved its feel of being isolated, but it's still nothing to Disney World (obviously) and still smacks often of being in the middle of a city and a small area. From the lines for the turnstiles of the parks running in to eachother to seeing cheap motels and busy city roads to your right in the middle plaza to seeing a modern metropolis while riding any ride that gives you a view over the berm, it's a serious disadvantage of Disneyland to Disney World. Yes, it's been improved (and don't mistake me, I love Disneyland with all sorts of passion), but Lucky was still correct.

Yea we just diagree the DL park is supierior to MK in just about every way, DTD is better than WDW as well imo.

Little Green Men

Yea we just diagree the DL park is supierior to MK in just about every way, DTD is better than WDW as well imo.
DL is great but IMO we have a better HM, JC, Winnie The Pooh and better atmosphere in Tomorrowland. Also rides DL doesn't have, like TTA, HOP, CBJ and Mickey's Philarmagic. Plus everything isn't as clumped together as DL.

DisneyParksFan1

WDW is also larger in size... WAYYYY larger in size. DL just gets all the updates and things like that.

I think that once they are done fixing DL, they will come to WDW and fix our problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom