WDW expansion and new attractions announcement - what do you think?

What is your opinion of today's expansion announcements?

• LOVE IT! This is exactly what was needed.

Votes: 170 50.3%
  • GOOD. Step in the right direction.

Votes: 139 41.1%
  • SO-SO. Not overly impressed.

Votes: 23 6.8%
  • UGH. Not good enough, I expected more.

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

NX2I85

It would become an area full of ancient ruins with a magnificent temple on top of a mountain. The villagers in the area warn you that the mountain and temple are cursed and defended by the gods. they tell you that no one that has ever gone to the temple has ever returned. You, being a brash tourist, have no fear and hop aboard your method of transportation to visit the temple at the top of the mountain. On the way, you discover the legend is real and your ride quickly goes aware as the gods try to prevent you from making it to the temple.

It would be a cross between the Grizzly Peak and Raging Spirits.

No link to Animals though. Was a good try, but it Doesn't work at all. Plus it sounds too familiar.

:lol:

Who cares! Maybe add a kitten in there or something. :animwink:

disneypearl

How anyone can look at that one piece of concept art and think this is a bad thing is beyond me. This is a flat out overhaul of not only the physical aspects of an ENTIRE land, but an entirely new idea in how it's presented emotionally.

Right now we simply have ride next to ride, primarily directed at children. As posted quite well above, this heads in the direction of World Showcase, and brings a taste of what adults can enjoy, too.

I agree! The concept art is beautiful! I can only imagine what it will feel like to walk around in this area but I can guess that you will feel like you are in the movie itself. I cannot wait to tour the Beauty and the Beast area. It looks perfect and exactly what the Magic Kingdom needed.

SeaCastle

I apologize if this was asked before, but are there any more park-related announcements going to be announced at the convention?

Dwarful

My only concern is with the 'Dumbo' carnival area. I really hope that they aren't planning on dumping 'carny' games in the MK. I can't stand them at AK, I certainly don't want WDW to cheapen MK by dumping those type of games in MK.

_Scar

:wave: :lol:

Yeah, but it is not what I want DAK to get. The park has the mountain coaster, but is lacking that immersive dark ride that is trademark Disney. :shrug:

What about DINOSAUR. It's a top notch dark ride!!! DAK opened with it!

Little-Mermaid-Screencap-the-little-mermaid-1872313-720-480.jpg

Watching TLM right now and noticed how accurate Eric's castle is. Wonderful!

redkoala245

Finally the moment I have been waiting for!! :D:D:D:D:D
I'm excited already!! :)
Are they getting rid of Toontown because of this expansion? Does anybody know?
Is TLM going where they had 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride, and where they used to have that character tent?
Is the current Fantasyland getting refurbished as well?
Sorry I am asking too many questions. But… YAY FOR MK FOR DOING THIS!! :)

Exprcoofto

My only concern is with the 'Dumbo' carnival area. I really hope that they aren't planning on dumping 'carny' games in the MK. I can't stand them at AK, I certainly don't want WDW to cheapen MK by dumping those type of games in MK.

They said something about immersive interactive games, so I think it's not going to be the cheap travel type game setup at DinoLand. (don't you have to pay money to play the games? I've never played them so wouldn't know)

krankenstein

What about DINOSAUR. It's a top notch dark ride!!! DAK opened with it!

Dinosaur is a great attraction, no doubt. I enjoy riding it and think it is a worthy addition to DAK. I would even venture to say that it is a DAK classic.

That said, it lacks an immersive quality that HM, SSE, GMR, Pirates, or even Splash has. I would, personally, like to see a dark ride on that type of scale at DAK.

_Scar

Finally the moment I have been waiting for!! :D:D:D:D:D
I'm excited already!! :)
Are they getting rid of Toontown because of this expansion? Does anybody know?
Is TLM going where they had 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride, and where they used to have that character tent?
Is the current Fantasyland getting refurbished as well?
Sorry I am asking too many questions. But… YAY FOR MK FOR DOING THIS!! :)

I think it is actually ROTTING, or so I here, so that's a good reason! :D Plus, TTF offers just meet and greets. Fantasyland offers meet and greets and a ride and a restaurant and even more beloved classic Disney characters.

Yea, I think so. Not sure about the character tent.

We aren't 100% sure just yet.

redkoala245

I think it is actually ROTTING, or so I here, so that's a good reason! :D Plus, TTF offers just meet and greets. Fantasyland offers meet and greets and a ride and a restaurant and even more beloved classic Disney characters.

Yea, I think so. Not sure about the character tent.

We aren't 100% sure just yet.

Thank you for telling me that.

harveyt0206

I am totally geeking out over this. I love it for the same reason that I love WS. So many details and so totally engrossing. I can't even begin to imagine how fun it will be at night. Do I think other areas of MK (as well as the other parks) deserve some love too - sure. But I am thrilled that they are showing this much love to their flag ship park. *insert me doing a happy dance*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom