WDW expansion and new attractions announcement - what do you think?

What is your opinion of today's expansion announcements?

• LOVE IT! This is exactly what was needed.

Votes: 170 50.3%
  • GOOD. Step in the right direction.

Votes: 139 41.1%
  • SO-SO. Not overly impressed.

Votes: 23 6.8%
  • UGH. Not good enough, I expected more.

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

wolf359

I think the announcements are great. The new Fantasyland looks amazing, and I wasn't sure I'd ever see Disney build a 21st century dark ride, so even though I'm not much of a Little Mermaid I have to give credit where credit is due. Star Tours II is at least 10 years overdue, but making the ride 3-D AND with variable show scenes means it's likely to stay on top for a lot longer this time.

But in spite of my enthiusiasm for the individual projects, I think this is "just" a good step in the right direction, because I hope it doesn't lead to another period of laurel resting.

I hope Disney manages to address Universe of Energy and Imagination sooner rather than later, and I would love to see more than just Star Tours come to Hollywood Studios in the near future.

po1998

My thoughts...

1. FANTASTIC for families with girls under the age of 10(except for TLM attraction which is a much overdue "E" ticket attraction for the MK and will appeal to all ages).

2. Couldn't one of the proposed meet and greets been eliminated and another "C" or "D" attraction added?

3. I hope this doesn't delay the much needed attraction expansion of AK and DHS for the 4 years it takes to build Princess Kingdom.

EpcotServo

Ennnhhh...I love placemaking, and this is a step in the right direction, but even a good looking Fantasyland, is still a Fantasyland. 20,000 Leagues and Mr.Toad have always been the best anything that's ever been in a Fantasyland, so while it's needed, as long as there's no Submarines, it's just not aimed for me.

Personally, I'd trade Fantasyland, even this new one, in a heartbeat for Carsland.
:lookaroun

Star Tours 2 however, is looking great.
:sohappy:

I just hope we get a fantastic farewell season for Star Tours. For personal reasons, it's a very sentimental attraction and it deserves Farewell retro merchandise, buttons, and advertisements.

:eek:

EPCOT Explorer

Ennnhhh...I love placemaking, and this is a step in the right direction, but even a good looking Fantasyland, is still a Fantasyland. 20,000 Leagues and Mr.Toad have always been the best anything that's ever been in a Fantasyland, so while it's needed, as long as there's no Submarines, it's just not aimed for me.

Personally, I'd trade Fantasyland, even this new one, in a heartbeat for Carsland.

:lookaroun

Star Tours 2 however, is looking great however.
:sohappy:

I just hope we get a fantastic farewell season for Star Tours. For personal reasons, it's a very sentimental attraction and it deserves Farewell retro merchindise, buttons, and advertisements.

:eek:

Your opinion, but you are nutz.:p

I agree on ST. My fave ride in the Studios....:( It'll be missed in it's 1980's ness.:eek:

Animaniac93-98

It's a good step in the right direction.

This does not solve all of WDW's problems, heck it doesn't solve all of MK's problems, IMO.

But it is a wonderful step in the right direction, and I couldn't be happier.

This is very true. Fantasyland's expansion will not update CoP, remove SGE, finish fixing up Pirates or CBJ, do Space Mountain's refurb right, change the afternoon parade, bring back some decent shops, change the "management" of the Tiki Room etc. heck it won't even replace the tin foil valcono in Peter Pan!

This addition is most welcome and I'm glad something it's happening, but don't forget Disney that MK has 6 other lands with problems to adress (Liberty Square the least at this point).

luvlifeinfl

I am so excited! Since my kids are a little older I have no real reason to go to this area of the park, but I will be willing to go now.

DisneyMusician2

To me, they took the area in the parks that looked the most aged and needed the most love in the park that desperately needed another e-ticket attraction and put a plan in place.

Then they proposed an upgrade to a classic ride in a park that has been undergoing a mini Renaissance over the past two years and put that plan in place.

I don't see how if these plans actually come to fruition you could not be pleased with these announcements, despite a lack at Epcot. But Epcot was not nearly as stale as MK or Star Tours.

TDO addressed the needs many of us have griped about on this board time and time again, and I for one am optimistic about the upcoming future at WDW.

DisneyMusician2

Fixed.

They had to go over TDO and Rasulo's head to get this done.

:):)Thank you.

Whichever head they had to go over, Kudos to them!

This is a significant investment in the parks which will greatly contribute to the resort additions they have made over the past few years.

FINALLY some vision! (hopefully!)

May Lasseter be overseeing this one...

SirGoofy

:):)Thank you.

Whichever head they had to go over, Kudos to them!

This is a significant investment in the parks which will greatly contribute to the resort additions they have made over the past few years.

FINALLY some vision! (hopefully!)

May Lasseter be overseeing this one...

Lasseter is a true Disney man. No doubt about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom