WDW expansion and new attractions announcement - what do you think?

What is your opinion of today's expansion announcements?

• LOVE IT! This is exactly what was needed.

Votes: 170 50.3%
  • GOOD. Step in the right direction.

Votes: 139 41.1%
  • SO-SO. Not overly impressed.

Votes: 23 6.8%
  • UGH. Not good enough, I expected more.

Votes: 6 1.8%

• Total voters

JediMasterMatt

Love it. I just came to the conclusion that it reminds me of EPCOT's World Showcase. Few actual rides; but, heavy on detail and little nooks to explore. A Fantasy World Showcase if you will.

Can't wait to wander around it.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Love it. I just came to the conclusion that it reminds me of EPCOT's World Showcase. Few actual rides; but, heavy on detail and little nooks to explore. A Fantasy World Showcase if you will.

I think that's an excellent comparison. I'm very excited about this expansion and I don't even plan to meet any princesses. :lol:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
As predicted, underwhelmed.

Delighted at the two proper attractions, especially Star Tours,
totaly non plussed by the eye candy and character meet n greets and kiddy rides. Just feel it confirms to me that Disney is primarily concerned with young families. Also suspect that maintenance costs of a character meet n greet are a lot less than a real attraction.

Also aware that glossy drawings may be hee haw like whats built

45/100.

themoose

Its great, but I would have liked to have seen that money used to renovated and update current rides. COP is falling apart, there ares some ridiculous looking tarps in Epcot, Dinosaur isnt as good as it was on opening day, and DHS is, well, still lacking.

jt04

I think it exceeds everything I had hoped for from the blueprints. It is stunning. And people will be finding details in the artwork for weeks. Kudos to the artists that created them.

Yes, it's been too long since WDW got this kind of upgrade but keep in mind, Iger/Lasseter have not been at the helm very long really, and this kind of work takes time. You are seeing the bright future of the WDC!

Thanks Steve for keeping the faith!

PS-Does anyone doubt this is a worthwhile response to Universal? I sure do. The ball is in your court Uni.

Goodnight everybody! :wave:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I think that's an excellent comparison. I'm very excited about this expansion and I don't even plan to meet any princesses. :lol:

Exactly. I am about 20 years too old to care about standing in line to meet the princesses, but I am still very excited about this. I am so happy to see ToonTown get the bulldozer treatment too. :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

You nailed it - thats exactly what this is about. The detail and sense of place this will give is massive.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks Steve for keeping the faith!

PS-Does anyone doubt this is a worthwhile response to Universal? I sure do. The ball is in your court Uni.

My opinion - This annihilates Universal's addition.

Studios Fan

Neither can I. I'm looking forward to the Belle section the most.

Slipknot

I was hoping for more out of this, but I will be happily waiting for TLM and Be Our Guest to open. Is Gaston's Tavern confirmed?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I like it all, but I'm not a big Fantasyland kind of guy, which is what most of this is about.
Try to keep an open mind about what I'm going to say:
Disney movies are often "kid's movies."
Pixar movies are often "family movies."
Fantasyland is a "kid's park."
I want something that is more of a "family park." No, I'm not saying it should be a bunch of Pixar stuff, I'm just using that as a comparison.
And this is all my personal opinion. I love the classics because they're what I grew up with. This new stuff is just, in my eyes, little girl stuff.

I've said what I wanted to say, and I hope that you respect my opinion, but I'm putting on my flame-retardant suit just in case...

JediMasterMatt

You nailed it - thats exactly what this is about. The detail and sense of place this will give is massive.

Who would've imagined that I would've woken up this morning praising Disney Orlando for adding an immersive detailed experience to the Magic Kingdom? Bizarro world am achived. :lookaroun

The Empress Lilly

I like it all, but I'm not a big Fantasyland kind of guy, which is what most of this is about.
Try to keep an open mind about what I'm going to say:
Disney movies are often "kid's movies."
Pixar movies are often "family movies."
Fantasyland is a "kid's park."
I want something that is more of a "family park." No, I'm not saying it should be a bunch of Pixar stuff, I'm just using that as a comparison.
And this is all my personal opinion. I love the classics because they're what I grew up with. This new stuff is just, in my eyes, little girl stuff.

I've said what I wanted to say, and I hope that you respect my opinion, but I'm putting on my flame-retardant suit just in case...
I know exactly what you are saying.

However, Fantasyland to me means princesses. Happy to see them go in.

What I would love, is for kiddie aliens and toy characters to move out of Tomorrowland, etc etc.

IlikeDW

Its great, but I would have liked to have seen that money used to renovated and update current rides. COP is falling apart, there ares some ridiculous looking tarps in Epcot, Dinosaur isnt as good as it was on opening day, and DHS is, well, still lacking.

Maybe with the new areas open, they can actually start closing attractions for refurb without overwhelming the rest of the park?:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom