WDW Character Pic of the Day

k.hunter30

I am not quite sure how to take your comment. I know when I look at this photo, I don't even notice anything else other than my gorgeous kids and Aurora. For my three year old, she didn't care if she met a princess at a busy restaurant, in a tent, in a grotto, or even in a dirty bathroom (which didn't happen! ). The memories are not fleeting by any means. Even at three she can tell you exactly what happened, who she met, etc.

Ugh. I have to stop. Why am I even trying to explain why I chose to take a picture of my children with a princess at breakfast to someone on the freaking internet? :brick:

Was there a rule about not making comments or starting debates? I thought I remembered something like that. I apologize to all for my silly post that really doesn't belong in a picture folder.
Not to worry. I thought that picture was beautiful, especially the look of pure joy on your beautiful girls' faces. :)

And... I'm with you... not a fan of Aurora's wig. ;)

Don't let other posts get to you. Some people's intentions behind certain posts are good, but some are... well... not. But either way, they're just posts on the internet from people who like Disney and want to think they know best when it comes to this topic. (I think we 're all guilty of this at some point... some just more often than others. :lookaroun)

:wave:

DisneyGigi

Did someone mention bad wigs?

Great pic! Some of my favorite pictures are from character meals like this one of DD when Tigger snuck up behind her. The look on her face is worth more than what's in the background. :wave:
100_1620-2.jpg

DABIGCHEEZ

Actually, that is a good wig. Aurora's wig can be hideous at times. This is a good one.

This picture brings me to an interesting point. I understand the joy of visiting characters at character breakfasts...you don't wait in line to see them. But the photo quality always sucks. I don't want photos of my children with characters and have other people in the background, or food or tables, etc. I prefer the background of the tents in Toontown or the Lake at World Showcase for the princesses. I'd also rather see my photo with Mickey at AK or Studios than at a breakfast.

I guess it comes down to what is more important, the lasting photo or the fleeting meet and greet.

Somehow I am not surprised by the comment since you are a photopass photographer, no? And by the way the photos of MY children with people in the background or 1/2 eaten pancakes are lasting memories. I take the picture for the reaction of my kids with the character interaction, not for the guy drinking his coffee at the table behind us!!! :brick:

Somehow I am not surprised by the comment since you are a photopass photographer, no? And by the way the photos of MY children with people in the background or 1/2 eaten pancakes are lasting memories. I take the picture for the reaction of my kids with the character interaction, not for the guy drinking his coffee at the table behind us!!! :brick:

I agree. It's about capturing the 'moment' not the 'scene'. It's about getting first time reactions, not setting up a shot. Or that's what it means to me anyway.

Flower'sChild

Gorjus, I like you and I enjoy your photos :wave: But I just don't agree with you about what you said about photos at character meals. You see I really enjoy the photos, that I have taken at character meals. To me they are great, because I enjoy them. I also like it when some of my vegan food shows up in the background :wave: Some of my favorite Princess photos are at the Princess story book dining character meal :king:

kcw

I am not quite sure how to take your comment. I know when I look at this photo, I don't even notice anything else other than my gorgeous kids and Aurora. For my three year old, she didn't care if she met a princess at a busy restaurant, in a tent, in a grotto, or even in a dirty bathroom (which didn't happen! ). The memories are not fleeting by any means. Even at three she can tell you exactly what happened, who she met, etc.

Was there a rule about not making comments or starting debates? I thought I remembered something like that. I apologize to all for my silly post that really doesn't belong in a picture folder.

I don't think her intentions were to be rude or criticize your picture. There is definitely a difference between pictures taken in a restaurant and those taken in a M&G with a nice background. Some people prefer one over the other, and that's just their own taste. I imagine most photographers wouldn't much care for that, because there's too much distraction and what not in the background. It is very much just a matter or opinion- no need to get upset. Personally, I like having a mix of both- some that are posed and have the backgrounds, and others that are more candid or relaxed that come from dining.

And we all comment on others' pictures- no worries. As long as it doesn't turn into a full-scale discussion between a few posters that last a few pages long....

BTW- I don't remember who posted it, and I can't go back and quote it, but that picture of the little girl with Snow White is precious!!!

disnyfan89

OMG! That picture is amazing. This is why I am a firm believer that meet and greet lines take away from the character experience. If characters would be allowed to roam and have quality interactions it makes the experiences more magical and gives the characters that extra quality of realism. This is also why I dislike autograph books. Some kids couldn't care less about the character and only want the signature.

MAF

OMG! That picture is amazing. This is why I am a firm believer that meet and greet lines take away from the character experience. If characters would be allowed to roam and have quality interactions it makes the experiences more magical and gives the characters that extra quality of realism. This is also why I dislike autograph books. Some kids couldn't care less about the character and only want the signature.

I couldn't agree more. I absolutely detest those autograph books. Also I heard in Disneyland they have a lot of "free roaming" characters, unlike WDW.

Nicole220

I couldn't agree more. I absolutely detest those autograph books. Also I heard in Disneyland they have a lot of "free roaming" characters, unlike WDW.
I was just going to say that.

Yes, DL has TONS of free roaming characters. Alice and the Mad Hatter are prime examples of this. Aside from the characters in Town Square (oh and Pooh and friends), most of them do not have a set meet and greet spot. And there are hardly any character attendants with them.

disnyfan89

One of my favorite memories from my Disneyland trip in 05 was when we walked through Fantasyland and the Mad Hatter and Alice where playing duck duck goose.

Azerin

I'll be sending this picture to Mickey, I think he'd love to see it :)
I hope he likes it! There are a few more on flickr if he likes that one :D Would love for him to see my pictures of him! :D

Here is a picture for today... Peter Pan saw our Peter Pan hats and waved at us... also... while you can't see it as well in this pic as some of the others if you look closely at the lantern you can see Tink glowing inside!

Clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page where more are available :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom