WDW Character Pic of the Day

joanna71985

Here is a picture for today... Peter Pan saw our Peter Pan hats and waved at us... also... while you can't see it as well in this pic as some of the others if you look closely at the lantern you can see Tink glowing inside!

Clicking on the pic will take you to its flickr page where more are available :)

That is awsome!

Gorjus

I am not quite sure how to take your comment. I know when I look at this photo, I don't even notice anything else other than my gorgeous kids and Aurora. For my three year old, she didn't care if she met a princess at a busy restaurant, in a tent, in a grotto, or even in a dirty bathroom (which didn't happen! ). The memories are not fleeting by any means. Even at three she can tell you exactly what happened, who she met, etc.

Ugh. I have to stop. Why am I even trying to explain why I chose to take a picture of my children with a princess at breakfast to someone on the freaking internet? :brick:

Was there a rule about not making comments or starting debates? I thought I remembered something like that. I apologize to all for my silly post that really doesn't belong in a picture folder.

Sorry, I wasn't being rude to you I was wondering. What is more important to people, the experience or the photos marking the experience? Yes, I'm a photographer, so I want my photos to look nice. It comes from being a visual person. Even when I'm taking photos of guests on the street, I do my best to keep as many other guests out of their photo as possible.

Take that photo of the little girl with Snow White. It is a stunning photo. It is like they were alone together having a moment. It is all about them. For me, it would take away from the moment if someone's child was crying in the background or a guy was drinking his coffee or there was food in the photo. It doesn't take away from the experience, just the photo which is part of the memory.

I also ask the question about some of our less attractive friends of princesses. There is one girl who absolutely looks awful in her photos. I've never seen her take a good one yet. However, she knows how to make magic and really interacts with the kids. What is more important...the tangible proof of the memory (the photo) or the memory itself? Is it better to have a gorgeous princess with adequate skills or an adequate looking princess with fabulous skills?

My apologies if I seemed rude in my post. Not my intention.

Flower'sChild

I love this photo :)

This might have been the time when Mickey said that I could have Minnie :p I will post the story under the photo :wave:

86067d5d.jpg

Now for the story. Well this was when I was staying at the Beach Club, so I took advantage of walking to this character spot in Epcot and back to my hotel over and over again. I believe that I gave Minnie a rose 2 different times at this character spot during this Beach Club vacation :eek: So I am not sure if this was when Mickey said I could have Minnie or not?

Anyways, what happend was Mickey wanted to see a photo framed photo of Minnie kissing me. He also knew that I gave Minnie a flower. Minnie was giving me so much attention. After all of this Mickey got so mad at Minnie that he just said that I could have her :ROFLOL:

Since I see that photo framed photo of Minnie kissing me in this photo, this might mean that this was the time when Mickey said that I could have Minnie. But I might have took that photo framed photo with me both times that I gave Minnie a rose during my Beach Club vacation.

I also ask the question about some of our less attractive friends of princesses. There is one girl who absolutely looks awful in her photos. I've never seen her take a good one yet. However, she knows how to make magic and really interacts with the kids. What is more important...the tangible proof of the memory (the photo) or the memory itself? Is it better to have a gorgeous princess with adequate skills or an adequate looking princess with fabulous skills?

Well, not everyone can be as GORJUS as you!!!
:ROFLOL:

d43boy

OMG! That picture is amazing. This is why I am a firm believer that meet and greet lines take away from the character experience. If characters would be allowed to roam and have quality interactions it makes the experiences more magical and gives the characters that extra quality of realism. This is also why I dislike autograph books. Some kids couldn't care less about the character and only want the signature.

I was just going to say that.

Yes, DL has TONS of free roaming characters. Alice and the Mad Hatter are prime examples of this. Aside from the characters in Town Square (oh and Pooh and friends), most of them do not have a set meet and greet spot. And there are hardly any character attendants with them.

To be sure, I think it is also important to note that meeting 'free-roaming' characters at Disneyland is utter CHAOS. There is absolutely no line forming, it is a total free-for-all and sometimes the characters just flitter by before you get a chance to get your photo. It is mass confusion, and with no character attendant there to keep things orderly, it is a nightmare.

So I view this as a very serious negative about Disneyland. Not a place to go in my opinion to have cool character interaction.

And let's be honest, can you imagine the utter chaos and mobbing that would occur if say, Mickey was out 'free-roaming' around the park with no character attendant?

Attendants who help form an orderly line and keep the peace are so important! This really ensures each guest gets equal time with the character. The set up meet and greets with characters at WDW is the best thing they ever did.

DL? No thanks to free-roaming characters. Not worth fighting tooth and nail with each person who throws their kids up in front of the character, no one waiting their turn, tons of people in the background and then the character just skipping away.

I appreciate WDW having the set up M&G with the attendants. Makes the experience much more enjoyable for everyone! :shrug:

But couldn't agree more with the autograph books!

kcw

And let's be honest, can you imagine the utter chaos and mobbing that would occur if say, Mickey was out 'free-roaming' around the park with no character attendant?

Attendants who help form an orderly line and keep the peace are so important! This really ensures each guest gets equal time with the character. The set up meet and greets with characters at WDW is the best thing they ever did.

DL? No thanks to free-roaming characters. Not worth fighting tooth and nail with each person who throws their kids up in front of the character, no one waiting their turn, tons of people in the background and then the character just skipping away.

I appreciate WDW having the set up M&G with the attendants. Makes the experience much more enjoyable for everyone! :shrug:

But couldn't agree more with the autograph books!

But see the only reason WDW set it all up differently is that they have to. At DLR, there are obviously less guests than there are at WDW. On top of that, most of the guests are locals, and so there is a smaller percentage (of the already smaller crowd) of people that want to meet the characters. For the most part, when a character walks around at DLR, he is not absolutely mobbed. Yes, there might be a bit of a crowd, but the characters are trained on how to deal with that. At WDW, it's a completely different story. If a character were to simply roam, they'd be mobbed, tackled, abused, violated, picked up, carried around, pushed, shoved.....you get the picture.

So basically the only reason WDW set things up differently was simply out of necessity, not necessarily because it provides a better character experience. Because it doesn't.

d43boy

So basically the only reason WDW set things up differently was simply out of necessity, not necessarily because it provides a better character experience. Because it doesn't.

It absolutely doesn't? Wow, you're quoting that as fact! It isn't. It's your opinion which I totally respect. It's a personal preference, and I was stating mine.

Everything I described in my previous post is what happens at Disneyland. Some don't mind it, I do. I find it to be chaos and confusion and very challenging to have good interaction or time with the characters. And I wouldn't say that you are privy to the reasons why Disney started doing more permanent M&G's and I certainly am not either. I agree with you that logistically, it was basically necessary. But couldn't it also be to improve the overall experience with a character as well?

But I think you make a good point, DL and WDW are two totally different places/experiences and perhaps each does what works best for them?

Now let's see some more great pics!!

Trishnh

Sorry, I wasn't being rude to you I was wondering. What is more important to people, the experience or the photos marking the experience? Yes, I'm a photographer, so I want my photos to look nice. It comes from being a visual person. Even when I'm taking photos of guests on the street, I do my best to keep as many other guests out of their photo as possible.

Take that photo of the little girl with Snow White. It is a stunning photo. It is like they were alone together having a moment. It is all about them. For me, it would take away from the moment if someone's child was crying in the background or a guy was drinking his coffee or there was food in the photo. It doesn't take away from the experience, just the photo which is part of the memory.

My apologies if I seemed rude in my post. Not my intention.

What I think is funny is I seem to be the exact opposite..We went to the Character greeting room in Epcot and though it was nice to see a bunch of characters at once, I HATED the pictures because the backgrounds were so busy..I had to crop the pictures way down to eliminate all the backgrounds..But the backgrounds in charater meal dining pictures rarely bothers me:shrug: I guess I feel it is more 'candid' with those and a lot fo times you can get a more 'natural' interaction. Ah, well..To each their own!:wave:

and now my photo for today
Disney8-06123.jpg

LetsGoAgain

I enjoyed utilizing the photopass photographers. So, here is one of our photopass pics.... an awfully cute one IMO. I really wish they (whoever "they" might be??) hadn't brightened up the pic so much or whatever they did to it.

image081.jpg

Gorjus

Well, not everyone can be as GORJUS as you!!!
:ROFLOL:

Ha Ha. I don't even pretend to be pretty enough to be a princess. Know your limitation. I just want to be Lady Tremaine.

It absolutely doesn't? Wow, you're quoting that as fact! It isn't. It's your opinion which I totally respect. It's a personal preference, and I was stating mine. ... And I wouldn't say that you are privy to the reasons why Disney started doing more permanent M&G's and I certainly am not either.

Actually, KCW is privy to certain info as she is a Disney entertainment cast member.

I enjoyed utilizing the photopass photographers. So, here is one of our photopass pics.... an awfully cute one IMO. I really wish they (whoever "they" might be??) hadn't brightened up the pic so much or whatever they did to it.

image081.jpg

My apologies for your photo. They didn't lighten anything up. This is what happens when your camera accidentally slips to the wrong settings and/or your photographer didn't focus on the correct spot. Notice how the background is in focus and lit correctly. Sometimes this is the photographers fault and sometimes the camera is going wacko. I've gotten to the point where if this happens to me, the camera/flash is broken or the camera accidently got on the wrong settings. This is why with photopass you need to have more than one photographer take your photo with each park icon and go see characters more than once. I once spent a night taking stunning photos of families on Main St. I got back to our base of operations and found out that all the photos, while exposed correctly, were blurry.

LetsGoAgain

My apologies for your photo. They didn't lighten anything up. This is what happens when your camera accidentally slips to the wrong settings and/or your photographer didn't focus on the correct spot. Notice how the background is in focus and lit correctly. Sometimes this is the photographers fault and sometimes the camera is going wacko. I've gotten to the point where if this happens to me, the camera/flash is broken or the camera accidently got on the wrong settings. This is why with photopass you need to have more than one photographer take your photo with each park icon and go see characters more than once. I once spent a night taking stunning photos of families on Main St. I got back to our base of operations and found out that all the photos, while exposed correctly, were blurry.

Ok, that makes sense I guess. The other pics they took looked fine so I thought it was because of the photoshopping with Tink. I wish you could add Tink when you edit and order the PhotoPass CD. They took this pic but for whatever reason didn't add Tink. The girls were both looking at the camera here so I thought it would have been a better choice for Tink. Oh well..

image082.jpg

Flower'sChild

Ok, that makes sense I guess. The other pics they took looked fine so I thought it was because of the photoshopping with Tink. I wish you could add Tink when you edit and order the PhotoPass CD. They took this pic but for whatever reason didn't add Tink. The girls were both looking at the camera here so I thought it would have been a better choice for Tink. Oh well..

You know I have a photo on my photopass cds that Tink was going to be added too, but for some reason she was not. I will try to post this photo later in the time of magic. Today I have another photo that I want to post.

I will be getting up at like 3:00 a.m. to go to DisneyWorld Tomorrow and if I have time, I might post a photo here before I go to DisneyWorld :wave:

Flower'sChild

The Annual Pass :)

I shall renew my annual pass tomorrow :sohappy:

Since tomorrow is the day that I shall renew my annual pass :king: Today is the day that I am posting this photo :wave:

1216.jpg

RAXIP

How's this:

tinkerbell.jpg

joanna71985

But see the only reason WDW set it all up differently is that they have to. At DLR, there are obviously less guests than there are at WDW. On top of that, most of the guests are locals, and so there is a smaller percentage (of the already smaller crowd) of people that want to meet the characters. For the most part, when a character walks around at DLR, he is not absolutely mobbed. Yes, there might be a bit of a crowd, but the characters are trained on how to deal with that. At WDW, it's a completely different story. If a character were to simply roam, they'd be mobbed, tackled, abused, violated, picked up, carried around, pushed, shoved.....you get the picture.

I agree. It's not safe for the characters to wander around at WDW. That's why at every character location at WDW (meals included), there will be an attendant.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom